Proposal: Columbus - Devils

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So it is about trading Werenski?

Go ask Bruins, Flyers, Dallas, Buffalo fans to trade their top pairing young dman for a 2c or winger. See what they say...
Dude.... who asked you to trade Werenski for a winger? Why would I ask someone else about that, when I never suggested it?

All I said was Nuti and Wennberg ain't getting you a #2C. You've yet to come up with a refutation of that other then "Well it depends......"

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kevin Hayes- Just signed in PHI makes no sense to move on
Mikael Granlund- Doubt NAS would be interested in moving him for Nuti, or a "package" around Nuti
Brayden Schenn- Doesn't need RD
Phillip Danault- Can't afford to move Danault, RD is a "relative" strength
Brock Nelson- Don't need D
Carl Soderberg- Sure, but do you want him?
Ryan Getzlaf- See above
Chris Tierney- And same...
Mikael Backlund- Doesn't seem like a match for CGY's needs or enough of an upgrade for CBS
Tyler Johnson- I actually don't have an opinion on this one
Travis Zajac- Doesn't seem to be the kind of guy you are after..

So I'll stand by my statement. It's fine to think that a package of something is worth a certain value in the abstract. But deals aren't made in abstracts they are made in realities.

If I followed your argument properly, Nuti is the player involved in these hypothetical deals? He's a LHD who plays on the right side about half the time. Most common combos are Murray-Nuti and Nuti-Savard.

And Montreal fans have at times expressed interest, he would be their top LHD. They're waiting to see how their young centers do this year but they anticipate being more able to move Danault at some point.

The issue regarding Danault and a lot of the others is that this is all presuming the team is giving up on Wennberg in the top 9. They slid him out of the lineup late last year but he's back and playing okay in the top 9 at the moment. The demand for centers all depends on that decision on Wennberg. He can be bought cheaply next summer if it comes to that.

Regarding some of the other centers - Chris Tierney seems appealing actually. I don't know if he's a Bozak type or what but he's produced in middle six roles for two teams now. Backlund would be welcome in Columbus. Getzlaf too if Anaheim is willing to pay some futures. Columbus can take his salary but that's something Anaheim would have to be willing to pay for.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm arguing exactly what I said. Not sure what was so difficult about understanding the statement that Nuti + Wennberg won't get you an upgrade at 2C. So then you made some comment about Werenski and a winger, which is something that I never said or implied. Hence the strawman fallacy.

Got it now? Look I get that you don't want to give fair value for a player to help your team, that's fine and your right, but top 6 Cs aren't easy to come by and they aren't going to be dealt for a failed C and a #4/#5 dman. Nazem Kadri went for a #2/#3 D and a 3rd line C.

Kerfoot > Wennberg
Barrie >>>> Nuti

So when you talk about getting a #2 C for a "package" I think it's fair to question: What specific player are you talking about and what specific package.... because the value you think you are offering ain't going to get the job done. And sure you can roll with Jenner or Wennberg at 2C. That's fine, you don't have to upgrade if you are happy as is.

Obviously Wenny + Nuti doesn't fetch Kadri, neither would 90% of #2Cs fetch Kadri. And some 2C's can't fetch Wenny + Nuti (you yourself just listed several 2C's we wouldn't want).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Are you implying Gusev is a superstar? I don’t know what his ceiling is, but it’s not Hall, Kane, or Johnny G.

They used to say the same thing about Panarin... Right now the whole NJD team looks like a bunch of losers. I mean, Gusev has 2 goals, while Hall and Nico, their two main stars, have zero, while having like 5 min TOI more.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
They have 3 players with 2 goals, of them Gusev have the lowest TOI so in fact he is the top scorer of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad