GDT: Columbus @ Colorado 4/15 9 PM ET -- Tax Day Edition

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Admiral Ackbar and I are not very comfortable about this game.

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

Coming off a win, with two California games coming up, I hope this one gets a great effort.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Colorado is eliminated, so that makes them extremely dangerous. Can't afford to get a slow start on this one.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Remember last year when we went into Denver and spoiled their chances at a playoff berth? Well, so do the Avalanche. They'll be ready to do the same to us tonight, so we better bring the fire in the first period especially.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This is a rare game where the Jackets are considered favorites. I think they are missing Varlamov so we should be good here

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don't expect ANY kind of let down from this squad. If the CBJ score first, they romp. If they go down 2-0 early, it could be a long night.

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Admiral Ackbar and I are not very comfortable about this game.

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

Coming off a win, with two California games coming up, I hope this one gets a great effort.

Yep. A 1-1-1 Cali trip seems realistic, so this is NOT the game to lose. They are young and dangerous, as we saw back earlier this year. Our boys need to grab a couple goals in the first and grind these ******* down.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Wrong time in the thread title? That's not a good omen.

Got a bad feeling about tonight.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Expecting a CBJ win but the Avs have been playing great hockey since Giguere tore a strip off the boys... 4-1 win in Anaheim, 3-2 loss in a shootout in Los Angeles, then a 4-3 regulation win at home against Vancouver last Saturday. Should be interesting to see which Avs team shows up.

Based on the mood in our forum, it's safe to say that we'd be more than alright with losing to you guys. Feel good story and you have our full support for the stretch run. Same goes with the Islanders in the East. Really want to see you guys take that next step as a playoff team. Way too much negative crap thrown your way over the last year.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Based on the mood in our forum, it's safe to say that we'd be more than alright with losing to you guys. Feel good story and you have our full support for the stretch run. Same goes with the Islanders in the East. Really want to see you guys take that next step as a playoff team. Way too much negative crap thrown your way over the last year.

Thanks, hopefully we can get the two points. But you guys are playing well.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The team will need to come out much better than the other night against Minny. A day of rest should help. Anisimov's loss will make it tough.

I would like Richard's thoughts on scratching Erixon, whether it is because not 100%, or he wants to go with more experience, the latter most likely. The backend could use his speed.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
WHat are your lineups like? I'd love to know who Gabby will play with! Thanks!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
According to Shawn Mitchell on PuckRakers, here's the way they're expected to line up:

F1: Vinny Prospal-Mark Letestu-Marian Gaborik
F2: R.J. Umberger-Ryan Johansen-Nick Foligno
F3: Matt Calvert-Brandon Dubinsky-Cam Atkinson
F4: Blake Comeau-Derek MacKenzie-Jared Boll

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
What did Johansen do to get stuck on a line with two people who can't score?

Failed to score on his own as well?

I like the kid, he's playing hard, but let's not pretend he was having a stellar season. That said, I feel like playing on a line with Umberger should qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

Remember when RJ was good? Like immediately after the trade that brought Vermette here. Been a while...

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Failed to score on his own as well?

I like the kid, he's playing hard, but let's not pretend he was having a stellar season. That said, I feel like playing on a line with Umberger should qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

Remember when RJ was good? Like immediately after the trade that brought Vermette here. Been a while...

Last year my friend and I thought he was dealing with some sort of nagging injury--he's a pretty tough dude, right? This year, save for part of March, it seems like we get little more than turnovers. Not that I could do better, but it's been frustrating. I wanted him to get the C at one point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad