Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Pregame1_zps4d3e4196.png

:cbj notes:
6-10-0, 12 pts, 13th in east

Horton Updates:
Columbus' prized $37 million free agent, Nathan Horton, skated for the first time on Nov. 6th since having major shoulder surgery this past summer. His last MRI showed he is rehabbing nicely and the timetable for return and his debut as a Blue Jacket is around 3-4 more weeks.

Horton to the Columbus Dispatch;
The doctors here looked at it and it looks really good. It looks like we’re on track still and that’s the good news that we wanted. I can’t read the thing, but you can see that it’s healing or healed and I think they got the news that they wanted.

Players to watch: both featured prominently on my FH team
Brandon Dubinsky F; Dubinsky has been a solid addition to the Jackets since the Rick Nash trade. He now has four goals and a team-leading (with James Wisniewski) 13 points on the season. He wasn't invited to Team USA's Olympic orientation camp, but it's quite possible he has put himself into the conversation with his strong play this season.
James Wisniewski D; The oft-injured defenseman has two goals and 13 points in 16 games this season. His best season was 51 points in 2010-11 when he had 21 points with the Islanders and was then dealt to Montreal where he had 30 points. It was the only season in which he played at least 70 games so remaining healthy could get him his best offensive season to date.

:bruins notes
11-5-1, 23 pts, 2nd in east

• Adam McQuaid (doubtful, LBI) did not play in the Bruins' 3-0 win over Tampa on Monday. He was replaced in the lineup by Matt Bartkowski.
  • Dennis Seidenberg, to the Globe, on the team's success this year over division-leading Tampa:
    We know their strengths. They're really explosive and really skilled. They know how to score. So for us it's always about staying close to our net where most of their goals are being scored, and just know what they do, which is play the puck really well and find the scoring areas.
  • The Bruins PK unit, after killing 4 power plays against Tampa, has now killed 22 straight power play opportunities after allowing goals on five straight power plays.

GDT will be up um, sometime Wednesday evening.

Monopoly-Hereampnow_go_zps4cc1260b.png

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
McQuaid's injury looked painful-I bet we don't see him for a few weeks at least-and if Bart holds his own-there's no reason to rush him back-let whatever is wrong heal up.

Hopefully the Bruins will win this one-it's a test once again on whether they can skate and play a whole game. Kind of hard to get as excited about this one as the game against the Leafs and Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad