GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs Montreal Canadiens 2/2/20 2:00pm EST SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
AtTihZq.jpg

sUzke9T.jpg

LKdqVHY.jpg

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Big game for the standings.

Big test to see how good the team - with Kovalchuk, Gallagher, and Armia, but without Drouin and Byron - matches up against a heavy defensive team. I.e. a totally different style of team than Florida.

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Reactions: donghabs98

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I see names like Foligno, Jenner and Milano up front and I'm thinking Kulak and Mete might have a rough afternoon.

I hope Weber & Benny C are ready for this one, for Victor's sake.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I’m reading lindgren is getting the start. Price didn’t get to much work yesterday. She’s do or die time and it’s not over yet. I’d rather have primeau backing up

Reactions: 26Mats

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
They don't have much offensive punch but they don't give up much either and the goaltending has been very good including Elvis. One of the best young d cores in the league.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs cant afford to have Price not play today so I expect him to play. Julien knows no current back up we have is NHL calibre

Reactions: 26Mats

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Rick Nash works for the Jackets' front office and was watching at the Bell Centre yesterday, per Gagnon. That's one hell of an Offensive Coordinator.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Useless stat for 2019-20: we are 2-0-0 in games played at 2 pm EST so far. Beat the Blues 5-2 in October, in St-Louis.

+7 differential over 2.

With all things evening out this season it probably means a 7-0 win for the Jackets today; alternatively, maybe this is "our stat" this year and we win. That and the 1 pm game in Anaheim on March 15th.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Will be a much different game then yesterday. Jackets have a great D & have jam & size upfront.

Will be a good test for this group. If they are serious about getting back into playoff contention then they have to win every game this week & the Arizona game.

4 of these next 5 games are at home. The one road game is vs New Jersey. They need to start winning at home & beating the shit teams like New Jersey.

Reactions: Archijerej

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Nice to-the-point GDT @donghabs98 .

CBJ board has it:

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Sonny Milano - Boone Jenner - Emil Bemstrom
Nathan Gerbe - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Look at that, Mr. MB-doesn't-like-his-game has made it to the 1st line over there. Quite a bit of talent on that 1st line despite Panarin gone, too.

Are you talking about us not signing nyquist? Because if we had signed another sub 6' LW who was only putting up 33 points in 52 games on the first line people would be livid. It's funny how players on our team only ever play top line because we have no one better, but a player performing worse than our guys playing top line is now the one that got away.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Are you talking about us not signing nyquist? Because if we had signed another sub 6' LW who was only putting up 33 points in 52 games on the first line people would be livid. It's funny how players on our team only ever play top line because we have no one better, but a player performing worse than our guys playing top line is now the one that got away.

"Performing worse than..." is irrelevant, we don't know how the team would have integrated Nyquist if he signed here. He and Tatar were fun to watch together in Detroit, they were supposed to be their future.

We also likely wouldn't have signed Kovy, maybe we wouldn't have had injuries with some players in different spots, I mean who the hell knows. Yes I would have liked to see what he could have done here at a reasonable price, I don't think that's an outrageous take. Bergevin simply "not liking his game" (sooooo PC, right?) is just short of the dog/loyalty threshold in terms of degrees of stupid.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Don't see many drafted and developed homegrown players in today's Habs lineup. Price and Gallagher from before Bergevin became the GM and only Lehkonen, Mete, and NCAA UFA Lindgren to show for the 8 years of Bergevin being the GM. The current team was built pretty much through trades.

Hopefully that drafting and poor development trend ends soon with the current crop of Habs prospects coming and they finally hit big on some of them since it's very much needed.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad