GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Detroit Red Wings | 10/4/2018 7:30PM ET| FSD MOD NOTE POST #750

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
It almost seems like people are upset with the number of kids playing tonight. I’ll chaulk it up to disbelief that Holland made good on his word to get younger :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm not complaining but it's not like it's not true.

Is there any doubt that kids are going to lose spots when Green and Kronwall get healthy? It won't be Ericsson or Daley in the press box.

Ken Holland constantly references we will probably have a couple injuries in training camp every year for most of the off-season. We actually usually do, just like most teams do. That is a part of the picture. No they weren't anticipating a couple of spots, but they have assembled depth for a reason, it is a part of being a NHL gm that we laugh at or mock but is absolutely a part of the business.

The boring AHL trades and some of the other stuff. It's easy to take shots but it is difficult to piece together, he has spent literally over three decades giving to this organization and trying to make us the best. A little tired of the attitude towards a HHOF builder. People are free to feel what they want, but it isn't a mistake when you reach into your depth, it is a part of his job. Now these players need to run with their opportunity.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Something about he was forced to... The guy can't win unless he cures cancer for a lot of our fanbase at this point.

more like we aren't willing to give him credit for playing a bunch of kids on defense when the team literally has the same defense we did last year and only Jensen is scratched

honestly it sounds a little cringeworthy when people make a big deal about having 4 rookies on D when it's almost entirely because of short term injuries and a situation that won't last long no matter how they play

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
more like we aren't willing to give him credit for playing a bunch of kids on defense when the team literally has the same defense we did last year and only Jensen is scratched

honestly it sounds a little cringeworthy when people make a big deal about having 4 rookies on D when it's almost entirely because of short term injuries and a situation that won't last long no matter how they play

If they play well they will stay in the lineup. Not all of them are going to, because it is unlikely they all will play well. But yes they scratched Jensen something I am sure a lot of people doubted even though it has been said over and over.

Jobs aren't really open, then they were. They don't really want to play these kids, then they do. I guess if you move the goalposts over and over it gets easier to have the argument.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If they play well they will stay in the lineup. Not all of them are going to, because it is unlikely they all will play well. But yes they scratched Jensen something I am sure a lot of people doubted even though it has been said over and over.

Jobs aren't really open, then they were. They don't really want to play these kids, then they do. I guess if you move the goalposts over and over it gets easier to have the argument.

do you really believe this? they could all literally play like Lidstrom and half of them would still be gone when the injuries clear up,I agree that they aren't likely to all play well which will make the decision of which to get rid of easy but some will be going regardless of what they do

the Jensen thing was somewhat surprising yes,but let's be honest that's something most teams would do in this situation,it makes a lot of sense to scratch a borderline player for a bit and take the opportunity to see what you have in all of the prospects that were competing for spots. it's only surprising because we're all so used to seeing the Wings do things that don't make sense

honestly i'm not even complaining here I just think it's beyond silly to pretend that much has changed regarding the defense when we walked into the season with essentially the same roster as last year just because there happened to be a few injuries so the situation is temporarily different

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
do you really believe this? they could all literally play like Lidstrom and half of them would still be gone when the injuries clear up,I agree that they aren't likely to all play well which will make the decision of which to get rid of easy but some will be going regardless of what they do

the Jensen thing was somewhat surprising yes,but let's be honest that's something most teams would do in this situation,it makes a lot of sense to scratch a borderline player for a bit and take the opportunity to see what you have in all of the prospects that were competing for spots. it's only surprising because we're all so used to seeing the Wings do things that don't make sense

If they play like Lidstrom they won't go anywhere heck that is why Lidstrom made the team when he wasn't expected to in his first season.

The Wings do tons of things that make sense, this is the kind of sensationalist post I am referring to bothering me at this point. No Ken Holland doesn't cut off his nose to spite his face. Blashill doesn't do it either for those posts later tonight during the game. We are at the bottom of a cycle, it happens in this league. It doesn't mean you need to look to blame everything on someone or sensationalize situations. If the 4 guys play like a top 5 D-man of all-time they will stay in the lineup because we aren't going to lose a game if 4 Lidstrom's take the ice at once... I know that was meant as an example and not an actual statement, but that is my point. Ken Holland as the boogeyman is getting to be a bit much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad