GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Detroit Red Wings | 10/4/2018 7:30PM ET| FSD MOD NOTE POST #750

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I can’t f***ing wait to watch some Red Wings hockey. I’m especially excited to watch Ras, Cholowski, Hronek and hopefully Zadina at some point. I feel with the help of the kids we will exceed some of the lowest expectations.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Ras on the point??? What in the world is going on.
Edit: just saw the other tweet. So who takes the other point spot. Wouldn't be Bert right?

I highly doubt they are sustaining two point men on a power play. It’s More likely that the formation looks like:

Bertuzzi/Ras
Nyquist - Bert/Ras - Larkin
Daley

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Bertuzzi-Nielsen-Rasmussen is an interesting line.

Has Cholowski played on the right side much? I’d kind of prefer to put him on the left side.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Also very excited to see how the young guns do in an actual regular season game.
This is the only thing I have watched for these last few seasons. If you're watching to see the team win games and make the playoffs you're just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Let's see which kids step up and become part of the future.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Excited to see some Vanek/Athanasiou chemistry again! Those two seem to know where each other are at all times. Too bad they suck in their own zone though.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It's odd, though I know this team is more than likely going to finish bottom 5, I'm actually far more excited than I have been the past few years.

Interested to see Cholowski and Sulak. Not expecting much of Ehn or Rasmussen except on special teams.

This was me in 2014. The season after the run to 3-1 against Chicago. I dreaded seeing the lineup with Bertuzzi, Tootoo, etc. coming back. As soon as Nyquist and Tatar and a couple others got in there, I instantly felt much better. God, Holland is lucky he built up such a rep because that 2012 FA period would have been enough to get most GMs fired. Missing on Suter wasn't the nail in the coffin. It was flat out wasting the money he didn't spend on Suter.

3M to Samuelsson
1.9M to Tootoo
2.5M to Colaiacovo

All three of these deals were ****ing awful from the moment they were signed. Hell, those were worse than even stuff like Ericsson and DeKeyser, because at least those guys gave you something at some point. These three provided nothing to Detroit. Tootoo and Cola ate the two compliance buyouts and Samuelsson would have if he wasn't immediately injured. I mean, that was something like 11.5% of the cap on players that did ****ing nothing. At least guys like DeKeyser, Ericsson, Daley, Abdelkader, etc. contribute at least somewhat to the meager success of the team. Tootoo, Cola, and Samuelsson were actively dead weight on the roster that the team was simply better off NOT playing.

Stuff like Gustavsson is par for the course. That wasn't a bad deal.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I am sooo happy hockey is back. This is probably the most engaged ive been with the team since lidstrom retired. There is a glimpse of hope in the future. Still need more pieces but at least we have starting blocks.

Nugget910

Oct 4, 2017
Any news on # switches was thinking maybe Ehn changes from 70 or that Sulak takes 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->