Columbus Blue Jackets minor league system features scoring line wingers and D depth

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Everything is going right for the Springfield Falcons, the AHL affiliate for the Columbus Blue Jackets. They are at the top of the Northeast Divison and rank fourth in the AHL with 39 points through 30 games. They have flourished under the play of goaltender Curtis McElhinney who has registered a league-leading six shutouts.

Cam Atkinson is third in the AHL in scoring and Jonathan Audy- Marchessault is tied at 19th. Springfield’s undersized players have been using their agility to excel in the AHL, but none of their potential power forwards have been stepping up. Defensively Springfield has nothing but depth and has had three prospects cycle between the ECHL and AHL midway through the year.… read more

More...

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
"Sean Collins, C, 24

In his second year with Springfield, Sean Collins has already surpassed the amount of AHL games (eight) he competed in last year. The 6’4 forward takes up a lot of space on the ice and can change the momentum of the game by throwing around his mammoth frame. He has 10 points (six goals and four assists) and a plus-three rating this season. He does not have too impressive of a skill set and looks like he could be a career AHL player"

Ugh really, I know these articles usually aren't the best informed, but how could a supposed scout say that? I agree with Coach that Collins is at least the most the most unheralded player so far and probably our most impressive bottom six forward, he won't be a top six forward in the NHL sure but you can't just write him off from even making the big show from what he's shown THIS year especially. Not really fair to call this his second year either when he was kind of in college last year...

ARGHHHH
:rant:

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
"Sean Collins, C, 24

In his second year with Springfield, Sean Collins has already surpassed the amount of AHL games (eight) he competed in last year. The 6’4 forward takes up a lot of space on the ice and can change the momentum of the game by throwing around his mammoth frame. He has 10 points (six goals and four assists) and a plus-three rating this season. He does not have too impressive of a skill set and looks like he could be a career AHL player"

Ugh really, I know these articles usually aren't the best informed, but how could a supposed scout say that? I agree with Coach that Collins is at least the most the most unheralded player so far and probably our most impressive bottom six forward, he won't be a top six forward in the NHL sure but you can't just write him off from even making the big show from what he's shown THIS year especially. Not really fair to call this his second year either when he was kind of in college last year...

ARGHHHH
:rant:

I take everything they write with a grain of salt, particularly when it concerns the Jackets. I figure they just look at the stats sheet and start typing. Plus they made not one mention of RyJo who only became AHL eligible this year.

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I take everything they write with a grain of salt, particularly when it concerns the Jackets. I figure they just look at the stats sheet and start typing. Plus they made not one mention of RyJo who only became AHL eligible this year.

In the bolded part, I think you hit it right on the head. I highly doubt the person who wrote this article has even seen the Falcons play.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH

Since he played in the NHL last year I believe he is no longer considered a prospect, by their definition, as well as Moore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->