Columbus Blue Jackets have talented prospects spread across every position

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Columbus Blue Jackets' Top 20 has not changed all too much this season. Although a handful of prospects are already regulars on the Blue Jackets' roster, with Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray leading the bunch, many are still several years away from making an NHL contribution.

Columbus has a good variety of European, Canadian, and American skaters that all provide unique qualities. From quick, chippy forwards to big hitting defenders, the Blue Jackets are a team that pride themselves on grit and they have drafted players that fit that mold.

1. (1) Ryan Murray, D, 8.0B
Drafted 1st round, 2nd overall, 2012

The Blue Jackets had to wait to see just how good Ryan Murray could be after he underwent shoulder surgery while playing for Everett last season.… read more

More...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just curious, if Jenner-Joey-Horton is our 2nd line who is our first? From the last couple starts maybe its Letestu-Mackenzie-Tropp/Comeau. Love to read articles where I know something about the subject. Makes me wonder why I bother to read and believe things I know nothing about.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
HF's articles on prospects are usually purely garbage. Hockey's future, but consistently rolls out crap about the Blue Jackets. This site offers a great forum, but try not to venture to much outside of the forum.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
HF's articles on prospects are usually purely garbage. Hockey's future, but consistently rolls out crap about the Blue Jackets. This site offers a great forum, but try not to venture to much outside of the forum.
I suspect that the forum regulars aren't really the target audience of the articles, despite their being posted here. For casual perusal they're usually fairly decent.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I didn't think it was horrible but I was just looking for rough outline of the level and type of prospects we have. That list is pretty decent but I'm sure we could all argue that so and so should be higher, etc. For example, I think Reilly is going to be a very good player in the NHL and shows higher upside than where he's currently ranked.

Overall, I didn't think there was anything brutal in here. As for the "1st" line comment, Dubinsky's line is often thought of as the top line as well. I would disagree and think Johansen's line would be considered #1 but with interchangeable lines I don't get my undies in a bunch over it....

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I suspect that the forum regulars aren't really the target audience of the articles, despite their being posted here. For casual perusal they're usually fairly decent.

Right. If you're a regular reader/poster on the Jackets boards, you're part of a mass crowd-sourcing of information on the team. A scouting operation has to be really big and professional to provide value on top of that, and HF is not. For quick reference on other teams though, it comes in handy. And I think the number/letter system is actually very useful.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I didn't think it was horrible but I was just looking for rough outline of the level and type of prospects we have. That list is pretty decent but I'm sure we could all argue that so and so should be higher, etc. For example, I think Reilly is going to be a very good player in the NHL and shows higher upside than where he's currently ranked.

Overall, I didn't think there was anything brutal in here. As for the "1st" line comment, Dubinsky's line is often thought of as the top line as well. I would disagree and think Johansen's line would be considered #1 but with interchangeable lines I don't get my undies in a bunch over it....
Either that or it's just yet another way of acknowledging we really have three second lines and a third. ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I disagree with Erixon being downgraded and sliding down from 4th to 9th. It seems like they just judged him on the fact that he didn't make the Jackets. Based on play his stock should be higher now than it was a year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad