GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets at New Jersey Devils|12:30 pm|12-23-18

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'd dearly love for those suspects to be the last 3 Cup winners next year. Gotta fix that power play!
You betcha. This PP is not ready for prime time. And our team cannot give away those kind of scoring opportunities against teams with good power plays.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
xmas season is tough, missed the game....

This I know, Bob's on fire... NHL trend star of the week with a .96 SV% over the last 5 games... dudes hot right now.

If Bob plays elite goal tending as we know he can anything is possible....

Great shutout today Bob...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Good job Jackets. That 5-3 PK was epic. Another 2 points, keeping pace.
:santa::frosty:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob now has a GAA of 2.68 and a save percentage of .913. Both rank 22nd among goalies who have played in 12 or more games.

Korpisalo has a GAA of 3.54 (47th of 49) and a save percentage of .885 (dead last).

NHL.com - Stats

If the Jackets are considering trading Bob, they may as well trade Panarin as their playoff chances will be somewhere around nil if Korpisalo is the #1 goalie.

Reactions: Monk and Facifer

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Bob now has a GAA of 2.68 and a save percentage of .913. Both rank 22nd among goalies who have played in 12 or more games.

Korpisalo has a GAA of 3.54 (47th of 49) and a save percentage of .885 (dead last).

NHL.com - Stats

If the Jackets are considering trading Bob, they may as well trade Panarin as their playoff chances will be somewhere around nil if Korpisalo is the #1 goalie.

But what about Ville Leino?

Reactions: Halfboard

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

NHL.com - Stats

The story changes around here by the week and I love it

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Man... I do not want NJ to keep stinking this bad.

They don't deserve Hughes after just getting Hischier.
Hischier was only the best guy in a weak draft. He is no Matthews, McDavid, or Hughes.

I'd be more p*ssed that a team like Chicago or LA will probably wind up with him.

Reactions: CPTN71

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Defense has been lights out since management stepped in , and put Shaw back where he belongs . If we had a legit #2 C , this team could make a run this year . If not , most likely a first round loss vs the Pens or Caps . Wennberg needs to go

Reactions: thebus88

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So I think it’s fair to wonder what’s going on with Torts ? He skipped the post game today, has been wearing sweaters , and jackets under his sport coat . He’s never done this in the past

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Or, you could just go off of his averages and know he’s going to get better or worse rather than making emotional statements such as “he sucks” and “trade him.”
Find me a quote that I made that said Bob "sucks".

When he went sour, I did say that I thought he should be traded. It was his second bad stretch of the year. He is a UFA and given that the team stands to get nothing for him, it seemed to make sense at the time.

The CBJ are completely dependent on this guy. Still. With Philadelphia or New Jersey goaltending (which they'd have with Korpisalo), they're a non playoff team.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Find me a quote that I made that said Bob "sucks".

When he went sour, I did say that I thought he should be traded. It was his second bad stretch of the year. He is a UFA and given that the team stands to get nothing for him, it seemed to make sense at the time.

The CBJ are completely dependent on this guy. Still. With Philadelphia or New Jersey goaltending (which they'd have with Korpisalo), they're a non playoff team.

Maybe you didn't say he sucks, but people did. I'm not just talking about you here.

It doesn't make sense to trade anyone who is playing badly (with a history of superb success), UFA or not. However, once he struggles again I'm sure the topic will once again be brought up.

I agree with your last line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->