GDT: Columbus at Buffalo | 9/25 7PM EDT | Preseason Game #7

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Foligno shouldn't be carrying the puck into the zone on the PP. This is what I've learned.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Foligno shouldn't be carrying the puck into the zone on the PP. This is what I've learned.

I'm not sure if he should be on PP at all. Weak shot, and not quick to pass. What killed our powerplay last year was slow puck movement.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Oh well. I'm going to blame this on the guys who just aren't ready for primetime. Monday was an ugly game too though...

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Nobody should be surprised by the result considering the lineup that was trotted out.

Also, anybody still question why most of this group was among the first cuts?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Richards really needs to break up the Umberger - Johansen - Foligno line.

It may have worked last season, but they look terrible this season. Can't connect a pass, commit turnovers, and have little offensive threat.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Move over Umberger here comes Foligno to take the reigns as possible whipping boy. Dude has been beyond terrible this preseason. Lets hope that doesn't carry over to the regular season

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Move over Umberger here comes Foligno to take the reigns as possible whipping boy. Dude has been beyond terrible this preseason. Lets hope that doesn't carry over to the regular season

He will be ok when it counts...

My freaking luck, not in WNY where all Sabre games are a staple, not in Louisville where I get MSG but stuck in Cinci where they could give a sheet about the CBJ.... I missed the game, I can't wait for CI to fire up the regular season so I can watch the boys...

The Reds got beat tonight btw..... by the Mets.... everyone here knows that......

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Bold. When does the preseason ever matter to players like Foligno? Preseason is crock. You think the vets are giving 110%? no chance. Guys like Jenner, Melart, Erixon, and now Smith and McKenna with Mcelhinney going down, those guys are giving 110%. The fringe guys. Foligno knows he's got a spot. He's going to do what he needs to do to get through a preseason game, but when it gets to the games that matters he will be ready and give his 110%. That's the way it is in every sports preseason.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He will be ok when it counts...

My freaking luck, not in WNY where all Sabre games are a staple, not in Louisville where I get MSG but stuck in Cinci where they could give a sheet about the CBJ.... I missed the game, I can't wait for CI to fire up the regular season so I can watch the boys...

The Reds got beat tonight btw..... by the Mets.... everyone here knows that......

I'm in Lexington. I need to find a way to get FS-Ohio from Cleveland down here fast!

If there is no way to get it, they need to un-black out this area.

Bold. When does the preseason ever matter to players like Foligno? Preseason is crock. You think the vets are giving 110%? no chance. Guys like Jenner, Melart, Erixon, and now Smith and McKenna with Mcelhinney going down, those guys are giving 110%. The fringe guys. Foligno knows he's got a spot. He's going to do what he needs to do to get through a preseason game, but when it gets to the games that matters he will be ready and give his 110%. That's the way it is in every sports preseason.

Calvert and especially Atkinson know they have NHL spots but they are going all-out. Same with Dubinsky who is in a similar position as Foligno.

As a pro-athlete, you need to have an attitude of going pedal to the metal in practice, preseason scrims, regular season, and post-season. If you want to truly be an impact player, you need to figure out how to do that without wearing down.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
hey guys, what is your top line looking like.

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Gaborik??

What do you expect from Anisimov this year. he is an intriguing player, shows flashes but hasn't put it all together.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

What do you expect from Anisimov this year. he is an intriguing player, shows flashes but hasn't put it all together.

It's not clear yet, except for Gaborik.

Jenner - Dubinsky - Gaborik got a long look in the pre-season, so Richards may start with that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Richards really needs to break up the Umberger - Johansen - Foligno line.

It may have worked last season, but they look terrible this season. Can't connect a pass, commit turnovers, and have little offensive threat.

They were only scoring at a good rate for their first few weeks together mid-way through last year, so be careful when you say it "worked last season".

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Jenner-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Foligno-Johansen-Umberger
MacKenzie-Letestu-Comeau
Boll is injured atm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad