TV: Columbo

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Let's talk about Columbo!

Am I the only one still watching this regularly in 2018?

What's your favorite episode?

Is there a better detective series than this?

My favorite episode is probably ''A Friend In Deed''

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
OK

No.

No.

Can't really put them in order. I've seen them so many times that one or the other is my fav at one time or another.

Any Old Port in a Storm - Just love all of it.

Swan Song - Johnny Cash

Forgoten Lady - The only one that gets away with it.

A Matter of Honor - Ricardo Montalban

Fade in to Murder - William Shatner

Try and Catch me - Ruth Gordon - Just love the ending

How to Dial a Murder - Kim Cattrall - Love the homage to cinema

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
My wife still watches this. It's on METV on Sunday nights. Lately it's been going through the later ones from the 80's and early 90's.

Note: Patrick McGoohan manages to be evil every freakin' time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A Case of Immunity - Hector Alizondo - Columbo actually drops the flighty persona and gets angry

By Dawn's Early Light - Patrick McGoohan - might be the best in the entire series

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
upload_2018-11-5_1-54-22.jpeg

this is a statue of Peter Falk in Budapest--why Budapest? HE is rumoured to be related to Miksa Falk a Hungarian politician

Columbo Statue

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I somehow like this serie. Its is a time, when you can work on PC (play games) and in background you can hear, what the master says.

Btw. How many people did he sentenced to dead? :huh:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
My wife still watches this. It's on METV on Sunday nights. Lately it's been going through the later ones from the 80's and early 90's.

Note: Patrick McGoohan manages to be evil every freakin' time.

Same. They were on Hallmark Channel (?) but I think that's over now.

I love watching with someone who doesn't know the show and they say "wait, we already know who did it and how!". Really?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I just watched the first episode of the first season, Murder by the Book, because it was the first (not counting the pilots), was named one of the best TV episodes of all time and was directed by a young Steven Spielberg. It's the first Columbo episode that I'd seen in at least 25 years, since I was a kid. I loved it. It's so different from any other detective show or movie, since there's almost no mystery (because you know who did it), the villain gets more screen time than the detective, the detective acts incompetent and it's hilarious (because of the last reason).

I watched it on YouTube, where the official Columbo channel has it and several more favorite episodes (including Any Old Port in the Storm, Led Zappa). They're all in restored 1080p quality and available for free, no doubt in order to increase interest in the Blu-ray sets.

All videos: Columbo

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Im not so familiar with this, but wasnt there any rumor, that they want to make a episode, that someone had a master plan, how to kill Columbo? That could be a funny story.

You can imagine, he could have many many enemies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad