Value of: Colton Sceviour to Toronto?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
How about Sceviour and Pysyk for your 2019 2nd and 3rd round picks? If a TOR player is needed to be sent back, be a UFA player that could help in AHL. D if possible

Sceviour and Pysyk for Marincin, 2nd, 3rd.. hmm. I probably say no. I don't think they are much of an upgrade if any on Lindholm/Gauthier and Ozhiganov.

That and it would mess with the long-term sustainability. Leafs need these 2nds and 3rds to fill out the lineup when the secondary players become too expensive.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sceviour and Pysyk for Marincin, 2nd, 3rd.. hmm. I probably say no. I don't think they are much of an upgrade if any on Lindholm/Gauthier and Ozhiganov.

That and it would mess with the long-term sustainability. Leafs need these 2nds and 3rds to fill out the lineup when the secondary players become too expensive.

Fair enough, that's a decent price for a #4/5 in Pysyk and bottom 6 winger with grit who both have term left.
I agree the Leafs should be somewhat patient and keep drafting well but I'd think Dubas makes some sort of move for depth this year. I'd assume a D with term to soften the blow of losing Gardiner to UFA. Marleau's caphit will be tough to take if he doesn't waive in off-season.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How about Sceviour and Pysyk for your 2019 2nd and 3rd round picks? If a TOR player is needed to be sent back, be a UFA player that could help in AHL. D if possible

Could we do a Brown, 3rd and Borgman for Pysyk and Sceviour?

Borgman is young LHD (physical) but would basically be your call if you wanted him to return as he's RFA after this year. I am kind of meh on Sceviour and more interested in just changing up our RHD look.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Could we do a Brown, 3rd and Borgman for Pysyk and Sceviour?

Borgman is young LHD (physical) but would basically be your call if you wanted him to return as he's RFA after this year. I am kind of meh on Sceviour and more interested in just changing up our RHD look.

How about Borgman or Rosen + 2019 2nd for Pysyk + Sceviour?

FLA doesnt really need Brown. We have Hawryluk who has a similar style game and cheaper.

We need capspace to chase a goalie and top 4 D upgrade in offseason.

Reactions: Laus723

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How about Borgman or Rosen + 2019 2nd for Pysyk + Sceviour?

FLA doesnt really need Brown. We have Hawryluk who has similar style.

We need capspace to chase a goalie and top 4 D upgrade in offseason.

I think Rosen is likely in the plans for next year as our 3rd pairing guy.

I would be willing to up the pick to a 2nd but we really do need to include Brown due to our upcoming cap constraints, kind of a dollars in, dollars out deal. If this was the best defenseman we could grab, I would make the deal :)

2nd+Brown+Borgman for Pysyk + Sceviour

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think Rosen is likely in the plans for next year as our 3rd pairing guy.

I would be willing to up the pick to a 2nd but we really do need to include Brown due to our upcoming cap constraints, kind of a dollars in, dollars out deal. If this was the best defenseman we could grab, I would make the deal :)

2nd+Brown+Borgman for Pysyk + Sceviour

I remember seeing him play last year and he looked decent. Just checked his AHL numbers and not bad at all.

Borgman + 2019 2nd + Brown

For

Pysyk + Sceviour

That's fair. Browns deal ends a year earlier than Sceviour but we can also afford the slight cap increase. Borgman would be in AHL for us next year and we recoup a much needed 2nd to possibly package into something for that top 4 D.

Pysyk is pretty steady, sometimes you barely notice him but he'd be an ideal #5 for you guys and take some minutes away from Z and Hainsey. Sceviour likes to hit, good forecheck but his offense has declined a bit, could get a boost playing with better bottom 6 players in TOR.

Good deal! :cheers:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I remember seeing him play last year and he looked decent. Just checked his AHL numbers and not bad at all.

For

Pysyk + Sceviour

That's fair. Browns deal ends a year earlier than Sceviour but we can also afford the slight cap increase. Borgman would be in AHL for us next year and we recoup a much needed 2nd to possibly package into something for that top 4 D.

Pysyk is pretty steady, sometimes you barely notice him but he'd be an ideal #5 for you guys and take some minutes away from Z and Hainsey. Sceviour likes to hit, good forecheck but his offense has declined a bit, could get a boost playing with better bottom 6 players in TOR.

Amazing what happens when people are civil on here ;)

Good deal my friend.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

For

Pysyk + Sceviour

It wouldn't shock me at all if these two teams do a deal this year. Pysyk seems like a Dubas type player.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't know about losing Brown here.

Brown is one of our better forecheckers and defensive forwards. The idea is to add another version of that along with some toughness in Colton Sceviour.

Also, regarding a D upgrade, while I like Pysyk as a piece, but I'm perfectly content with Ozhi and Dermot. Instead, ideally, I want an upgrade on Hainsey who is the weakest link on the team.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I would love Sceviour. Every time I watch the Panthers, he is always involved in play and making chances. Maybe I've just conveniently caught him only on good days or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad