Colton Orr injury?

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Alright, I know no one really cares about Colton Orr or what he brings to the Leafs. But something is amiss. He hasnt played for over a month, they say he is injured but he hasn't been placed on LTIR. If he isn't injured, why bother waiving McLaren only to recall him a couple days later to play Philly?

Seems very strange. Is he practicing with the team? I have tweeted a few of the Leaf reporters asking about it and no one ever replies on that subject. If he isn't hurt, and isn't playing, why not just waive him and put him back on the Marlies. If he is hurt, why not put him on injured reserve?

My gut says something else is going on.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
McLaren was waived, along with Smith, to open up cap space flexibility for the trade deadline.

I get that. But why not waive Orr instead? His cap hit is greater. They say he his hurt, but haven't put him on injured reserve, so he can't be that hurt. Or they could have put him on injured reserve and saved the cap room their too. Gotta be more to it.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I get that. But why not waive Orr instead? His cap hit is greater. They say he his hurt, but haven't put him on injured reserve, so he can't be that hurt. Or they could have put him on injured reserve and saved the cap room their too. Gotta be more to it.

You can only waive up to 900k on a player's salary or something along those lines. It was easier to just waive McLaren because his entire salary could be waived.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
You can only waive up to 900k on a player's salary or something along those lines. It was easier to just waive McLaren because his entire salary could be waived.

Sorry that makes no sense.

McLaren makes 700k...he is waived....Leafs save 700k

Orr makes 925k....if he is waived....Leafs save more...900k

If you put Orr on LTIR...you save his who 925k and nobody gets waived.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
If he is injured...why haven't they put him on LTIR and save his entire cap hit while he is on there?

Dude, don't you get that there is a conspiracy here? You've asked the same simple question 10 times and no one is giving you a proper answer.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If he is injured...why haven't they put him on LTIR and save his entire cap hit while he is on there?

My guess is they haven't needed the space yet.

Wasn't Maclaren waived to fulfill some waiver rule for after the deadline?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Orr got hurt on one of the first practices after the break. He has been practicing with Bolland and may return on the Western road trip. McLaren was called up because Clarkson got hurt in the morning skate before the game with Philly.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 14m
Clarkson is not on a regular line this morning, but Colton Orr is. Orr paired with McClement and McLaren.

There you go lol

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Alright, I know no one really cares about Colton Orr or what he brings to the Leafs. But something is amiss. He hasnt played for over a month, they say he is injured but he hasn't been placed on LTIR. If he isn't injured, why bother waiving McLaren only to recall him a couple days later to play Philly?

Seems very strange. Is he practicing with the team? I have tweeted a few of the Leaf reporters asking about it and no one ever replies on that subject. If he isn't hurt, and isn't playing, why not just waive him and put him back on the Marlies. If he is hurt, why not put him on injured reserve?

My gut says something else is going on.

He's day to day. Sometimes there odd injuries that keep you from games but you can still be on the ice and practice at a certain pace.

Looks like it could be hand/arm related.

I'm horrified that Carlyle would rather play McLaren and Orr over Ashton. Good god...

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
He's day to day. Sometimes there odd injuries that keep you from games but you can still be on the ice and practice at a certain pace.

Looks like it could be hand/arm related.

I'm horrified that Carlyle would rather play McLaren and Orr over Ashton. Good god...

Ashton done good this season? I haven't noticed him at all... Cept when he got rag-dolled early on vs. pretty well all the teams he played.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Ashton done good this season? I haven't noticed him at all... Cept when he got rag-dolled early on vs. pretty well all the teams he played.

Kind of hard to notice a guy who gets pigeon-holed by a coach who only plays him for 3-4 minutes a game.

Case in point, game where Ashton gets 1 assist in only 3 minutes of ice time :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00