News Article: Colour Schemes/Logos - Panthers in Black & Teal?

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i actually like the sun behind the cat... in that one sketch.

i still wouldnt be surprised if the new ownership totally made over the team.... but i would be scared after seeing what they chose for the website.. all that yellow tan...

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Florida Panthers' jerseys should always look like this and nothing else forever.

EDTKQAX.jpg

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It says South Florida without the use of a color like Teal, plus Teal is pretty much owned by San Jose. It makes them unique because it's a unique color. Obviously red and blue are shared by many teams, but only because they're basic colors.

I always loved the red, white, blue and yellow combination that we started with. Since then those fools had to go through a bunch of ugly changes to please their markets. Maybe one day they'll change it back to exact replicas of the originals. And I hope "one day" comes soon because I'm dying to buy a jersey, I just refuse to buy the current ones, which quite frankly don't look good, imo. They look like cheap knock-offs of the originals. I remember when they introduced them; I was excited to see FINALLY they were going to go back to red. Then that Kulikov teaser released on the web site ruined it and I was just like, why are they doing this. Why are they slightly different from the originals. Ugh, it was frustrating, but whatever, at least they're not Jet Blue jerseys.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It says South Florida without the use of a color like Teal, plus Teal is pretty much owned by San Jose. It makes them unique because it's a unique color. Obviously red and blue are shared by many teams, but only because they're basic colors.

I always loved the red, white, blue and yellow combination that we started with. Since then those fools had to go through a bunch of ugly changes to please their markets. Maybe one day they'll change it back to exact replicas of the originals. And I hope "one day" comes soon because I'm dying to buy a jersey, I just refuse to buy the current ones, which quite frankly don't look good, imo. They look like cheap knock-offs of the originals. I remember when they introduced them; I was excited to see FINALLY they were going to go back to red. Then that Kulikov teaser released on the web site ruined it and I was just like, why are they doing this. Why are they slightly different from the originals. Ugh, it was frustrating, but whatever, at least they're not Jet Blue jerseys.

Please, let's not bring up the worst decision in this franchises past! :shakehead ;)

I wouldn't even wear one of those if someone gave it to me for free.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Any idea who created the Panthers logo?

What other names were in competition for the name of the team?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I love the Panthers color scheme and don't believe that it should ever change. However, a new jersey or logo design I might be in favor of.

I really like the Sharks colors and wish the Marlins would go back to that scheme from when they were the Florida Marlins, but that wouldn't seem "Panthers" to me after 22 years of seeing red, blue, yellow, and white.

gauseka15

Apr 21, 2014
Isle of Man
Our colors are pretty crap...home jerseys are by far the worst in the league and every non panthers fan i've met says hands down we tie the blue jackets for the worst jerseys. It's common to grow to like the bad things about your 'possessions' over time, just like Tallon loves Kopecky. Although i think our away jerseys are pretty solid, a more gold(instead of yellow) and less red would look cool

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Yak. I love reading about what could have been, but no thanks to those logos or colors. I'm very happy with our color scheme... and naturally, I'd be thrilled to return to the classic jersey.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Florida Panthers' jerseys should always look like this and nothing else forever.

EDTKQAX.jpg

Bring em back! Let me know when the Hawks go stupid and change their top 5 greatest all time jersey…and someone, anyone, explain why we did.

Oh, and I'd rather the baby blue mess 1000000x over that teal thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00