Colorado's entire top line were drafted 1 spot ahead of Florida

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Only the last one hurts but it hurts a lot. Pretty interesting.
What I find funny sorry Panthers fans is that they really wanted Rantanen on their board. Basically all the fanbase were pissed off that Rants was gone at 10 and for me I didn't even know him at the time I wanted Zacha (Yes I would be a terrible GM :laugh:) It was just weird seeing their board so high on Rantanen and rightfully so.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
What I find funny sorry Panthers fans is that they really wanted Rantanen on their board. Basically all the fanbase were pissed off that Rants was gone at 10 and for me I didn't even know him at the time I wanted Zacha (Yes I would be a terrible GM :laugh:) It was just weird seeing their board so high on Rantanen and rightfully so.

Many avs fans were disappointed when they picked Rantanen over Crouse. Many posters wanted Crouse instead.

Reactions: MacBradley

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean Florida hit on 2 out of 3 and the Avs were in front of them so not sure Florida fans need to shed any tears. Yeah, Rantanen would have been great next to Barkov but it's not like you had a chance and passed. I mean I wanted the Avs to get Heiskinen badly and he's the real deal but we didn't have the chance and Makar is a pretty spiffy consolation prize. Now if Makar bombs and EP is a constant 80+ point scorer...well, there's a reason to cry.

Reactions: MrThomas

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The Crouse pick sucks, but its not like they didn't have high-end options with that pick. Both Barzal and Connor were held in high regard by a lot of places.

The other two picks are pretty close to washes for their careers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Panther fans shouldn’t be angry too much about Rantanen, he was never going to get past Colorado as the Avs even tried to trade up for him.

I consider it a huge miss by the Sharks though.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Must have been nice sucking before the draft lottery got ridiculous. Although obviously, Rantanen was an amazing pick outside of that

It definitely helped when we got rewarded by for a historically bad season with the 4th overall pick. Good thing we’ve nailed our top 10 picks so far.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I didn’t know much about him either. Got him and Crouse confused. Until this year when rantanen is playing like the best player in the league. Glad he’s out west but hope you guys don’t get Hughes too!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
relive the moments when FLA fans found out COL took Rantanen ahead of them. looks like someone else already posted this link recently (maybe colorado fans on their board) because i see a ton of likes from 2018 from Avs fans on those posts.

GDT: - 2015 NHL Entry Draft (At Least we're not Boston) - Round 1

Reactions to COL taking Mac

GDT: - 2013 NHL Draft - 3PM

GDT: - 2015 NHL Entry Draft (At Least we're not Boston) - Round 1

This is where it truly begins :sarcasm:

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
As a Coyotes fan, I’m pretty happy with Crouse. He’s slowly, but surely, developing into a middle six power winger with PK abilites. He’s been fantastic this season. (I don’t care what the stat line looks like.)

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
The Florida picks aren't exactly chopped liver either.

It's not as if they picked Patrik Stefan 3x over.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Isles had a reverse version of this of making bad picks just before Winnipeg for a few years. Strome-Reinhart-MDC instead of Scheifele, Trouba, and Ehlers. For all i know we would have screwed up their development too though.

GORDIEHOWE

Mr Hockey
Nov 9, 2018
Canada
Yeah, that would sting then.

For the Leafs, the one that stings is Aho. Apparently we were going to take him or Dermott. Decided to go with a D instead of Aho and then Carolina took Aho with the next pick.

Dermott has turned out to be a good D with top four potential but Aho is fricking Aho.

Imagine walking out of that 2015 draft with Marner and Aho as your two picks? :(
oh man aho with matthews would be filthy

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

You must have not seen the world juniors that year. Rantanen was half of Finland’s offense. He was impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad