Proposal: Colorado - Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Barrie worked well under Cooper in the WHC so I could see Tampa being interested but Duchene is not a need for us, he's a luxury. He doesn't make sense for us so Colorado would surely get a better price for Duchene from some one in need of a center.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Barrie
Beaudin

For

Killorn
Sustr
Howden

id do this deal

To Tampa Bay.
Matt Duchene (50% retained)
Tyson Barrie

To Colorado.
Mikhail Sergachev
Cal Foote
Ryan Callahan
Jake Dotchin
Anthony Cirelli

I started making this proposal with just Duchene and Barrie for Sergachev and Foote but when I saw it written down I realized it didn't work. We could call Sergachev and Duchene even but Barrie has quite a bit more value than Foote. Plus it wouldn't work cap wise for Tampa. I decided to add Callahan to add some salary back but Callahan has a whole lot of negative value. I added the negative value of Callahan to the difference in value of Barrie and Foote which is why I added Dotchin and Cirelli.

A lot of grade A futures to Colorado. A whole lot of improvement right now to Tampa Bay.

P.S. For the sake of this argument let's pretend Callahan would waive to go to Colorado.

We could work something but right now is too much you are not getting sergachev With this offer id say no cirelli either.

I would counter propose

duchene 50% retained plus barrie plus nick henry

for foote, callahan killorn dotchin and this years 2nd round pick or boris katchouk will not give you cirelli

for my tampa people lineup would look like this

stamkos kucherov duchene
johnson palat vladdy
point gourde kunitz
paquette brown erne or any of the others maybe kunitz is fourth line but i think hed be fine with gourde and point myself

hedman barrie
stralman sergachev
coburn girardi
koekkoek sustr

10,250,000 going out 9 coming back so kucherov is still safe one guy duchene get for 2 years and barrie for 3 and he is exactly what we need. Ya'll are shortchanging him he plays 23 minutes a game.

duchene is equal to johnson let him work with clutch and stammer

I personally think foote becomes the better player then sergachev (but with what we gave up drouin hes pretty much untouchable imho) Dotchin played great with hedman so isnt a need to go grab barrie. Most think dotchin is great and he was for 35 games I think others pass him but is gonna be down road probably longer then we would get your two guys for!!

so your getting two top six forwards a top four d stay a home guy who is physical and smart and foote whom I think is a future number one do everything d man. for a top 2 d and a top 6 wing depending on chemistry.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Point scored 1 less point than Duchene in less games while Johnson outscored him in less games too, Duchene is of no interest. Barrie makes 5.5 for 3 years, we can't afford that now and we need money in that 3rd year for Kucherov so unless Callahan goes we can't afford him. There's no deals to be made between these two teams right now.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Point scored 1 less point than Duchene in less games while Johnson outscored him in less games too, Duchene is of no interest. Barrie makes 5.5 for 3 years, we can't afford that now and we need money in that 3rd year for Kucherov so unless Callahan goes we can't afford him. There's no deals to be made between these two teams right now.

Shouldn't be hard to buy out Cally in his final year or afford Barrie/Kuch with Girard and Coburn coming off the books before long.

Financially I think Tampa could handle this type of deal, especially since Yzerman is a good chess player with contracts. The only question comes down to if they could keep Duchy after two years. Moving out Killorn and the cap increase could make that happen.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Other way around my dude. Serg and Dotchin is the future of our defense and Duchene, while I am a big fan of his, isn't necessary here with Stamkos, Johnson and Point. Also I'd prefer to see what we have in Cirelli.

If I were Tampa, I'd be selling Dotchin to the highest bidder. Go see how Jets fans felt about Ben Chiarot two years ago, then ask them how they feel about him now....

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Shouldn't be hard to buy out Cally in his final year or afford Barrie/Kuch with Girard and Coburn coming off the books before long.

Financially I think Tampa could handle this type of deal, especially since Yzerman is a good chess player with contracts. The only question comes down to if they could keep Duchy after two years. Moving out Killorn and the cap increase could make that happen.

Callahan would carry a 2.6mil dead caphit, there's no way we can have that on top of Barrie plus the raise Kucherov will want as well as Point needing a raise and who knows who else might step up in the next two years. Even with Girardi and Coburn coming off we have to replace them and if we trade potential cheap replacements like Sergachev and Foote then we hit free agency which we can't afford to.

We can't take on 8.5 mil, Barrie and Duchene at 50%, unless Callahan goes even then we are extremely tight to the cap. We don't need Duchene now with a center depth of Stamkos, Johnson, Point and Namestnikov with Howden and Cirelli on the way, so we definitely wouldn't need him in two years. Duchene is a no and Barrie wouldn't be bad if the deal was right which this isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->