What about:
Andrighetto
Kamenev
2019 second
2019 third Ottawa

For

Nyquist
AA

I know Detroit might not need cap space, but it still allows for them to have a bit more breathing space during the year for taking on bad contracts in order to get more in trades through out the year.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit could probably get a 1st for Nyquist and a 1st or 2nd+ for AA...

... And proposing 3rd line forwards and 2nds.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Hard pass from DET. We need futures for Gus (late 1st) and if we're trading AA I'd prefer a young defensemen.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
What? Compher doesn't have that kind of potential.

I agree that it's unlikely he'll reach the level ROR is at today, but we should all remember that ROR was a 26 point player in each of his first two seasons, who looked like a future solid 3C/PKer. Compher was a 23 point player as a rookie (despite a broken hand early in the season), who looks like a future solid 3rd liner/PKer. And both of them have hustle and work ethic for days. I'd rather hold on to Compher and see what he can do with another year in the NHL and a healthy hand.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not too interested as an Avs fan either. Better pieces or not, I prefer to have Compher. I see him as an extremely valuable future contributor in the Drury mold. Add in that center is our biggest need, there's no reason to trade potentially two of them away for wingers.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Detroit could probably get a 1st for Nyquist and a 1st or 2nd+ for AA...

... And proposing 3rd line forwards and 2nds.

I know that you guys got overpaid for Tatar, but I think based on the Skinner trade the market might be a bit down for sellers. Now that’s not to say the market won’t change in the near future, but I think your price is a bit high based on the most recent trade of a comparable (but better) player.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I know that you guys got overpaid for Tatar, but I think based on the Skinner trade the market might be a bit down for sellers. Now that’s not to say the market won’t change in the near future, but I think your price is a bit high based on the most recent trade of a comparable (but better) player.

That's why most teams aren't dumb like Carolina and don't trade higher valued assets in August lol.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's pretty well established that the only thing Detroit would want to trade AA for is a similar young d-man with upside. If they're also packing him up with Nyquist they would certainly want to acquire a young D. If not that, at least a 1st round pick. I mean they're probably hoping to get a 1st for Nyquist alone.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Skinner had a NMC

In terms of this trade, there's no way I can see the DRW making this move. Even if they got overpaid for Tatar, they'd be looking at something at least similar in a return for Nyquist. I think they see him as being much more valuable than most on these boards. Nyquist has put up good numbers on an offensively deprived team. If you were to send Nyquist to a team with a reasonable offense that could slot him into the second or third winger spot and not be matched up against the opposing teams best defenders, he has the potential to put up even better offensive numbers.

On top of that, they aren't moving AA any time soon. Personally, I'd probably prefer if they did but I just don't think they are at a point where they are ready to move on from him. I also don't think they believe they'd get the value in a deal for him that they'd need in order to move him. His bridge deal will be the make or break for him. He'll be given every chance to take a big step this year and I think his future with the DRW will be determined through the course of this season.

The pieces from COL aren't bad by any stretch. I just don't think it's enough for the DRW to make this move. I also don't think they are the right kinds of pieces. DRW would be looking for higher picks and young defenders with upside.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If we are trading for Compher, I want to get Vancouver on the horn and land Tyler Motte and then Winnipeg on the phone and steal Kyle Connor away from them.

Frankly, I want some team to pull them together. I want the C-C-M line back. Probably be Winnipeg if anyone, I guess.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's pretty well established that the only thing Detroit would want to trade AA for is a similar young d-man with upside. If they're also packing him up with Nyquist they would certainly want to acquire a young D. If not that, at least a 1st round pick. I mean they're probably hoping to get a 1st for Nyquist alone.

You guys have to be aware of how difficult it is to trade for young defenders right? As Avs fans we've been through years of trying to do it at every sort of level with all sorts of assets.

Zadorov & Compher cost us O'Reilly. Girard, Kamenev, Bowers, etc cost us Duchene. Then we drafted three good ones in Makar, Timmins, and Meloche.

You guys probably should have drafted McAvoy, Chychrun, or Little grin in the last few years. Good luck with that.

Btw.. The OP is bad for Detroit.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
You guys have to be aware of how difficult it is to trade for young defenders right? As Avs fans we've been through years of trying to do it at every sort of level with all sorts of assets.

Zadorov & Compher cost us O'Reilly. Girard, Kamenev, Bowers, etc cost us Duchene. Then we drafted three good ones in Makar, Timmins, and Meloche.

You guys probably should have drafted McAvoy, Chychrun, or Little grin in the last few years. Good luck with that.

Happy with Hronek and Cholowski but thanks anyway

Reactions: TwoPiece

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Which is why we're in no hurry to trade AA.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
We are talking trade deadline though, not in the off season you get that right?

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Are people really that excited about Nyquist in 2018?
Multiple 20-goal scorer. Guaranteed Top-6 winger. Fast and durable. Great defensively. What's not to be excited about, exactly?

He's personally my favorite Red Wing, and would prefer that they don't trade him, but I understand why most fans do want him traded. I wouldn't mind an AA trade one bit.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016

This Wings fan has given up hope that Holland would be able to acquire a young defender in a trade.

We've been through years of tire kicking over the likes of Myers, Trouba, Fowler and practically anyone and every one thats been perceived as being available, and lo and behold......none of them are currently wearing Wings jerseys.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Pretty bad from the Wings perspective, but not a huge fan of it as an Avs fan besides the value.

Adding two more small, skilled wingers is the last thing the Avs need with 'Ghetto and Kerfoot already taking those slots. The Detroit pair is an upgrade, but IMO not worth giving up Compher + 2nd when Nyquist is an impending UFA.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This Wings fan has given up hope that Holland would be able to acquire a young defender in a trade.

We've been through years of tire kicking over the likes of Myers, Trouba, Fowler and practically anyone and every one thats been perceived as being available, and lo and behold......none of them are currently wearing Wings jerseys.

Yeah I get it.. I'm an Avs fan but I married a Detroit fan and live in Michigan. So I've paid close attention over the years. It took years (lol), but I do root for Detroit against a lot of teams these days. I was personally hoping they would draft one this year, but no one can fault them for picking Zadina.

Unfortunately I see Detroit getting into the same dance Colorado did when their rebuild started. Drafting forwards high, and looking to acquire D through trade. All the while not fully committing to the rebuild.

On a side note.. The new arena sucks if you don't have lower bowel seats. You have to be 5 foot nothing to sit in those seats comfortably. It's like a stadium full of airplane seating with less padding on the seats lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad