Proposal: Colorado-Detroit

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
I'd probably do it if it was all four of those pieces. Don't know if that changes it for Avs fans.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Rather see what we can get for Gus and AA separately.

For me, this deal is either a 2nd or Kamenev for both. Compher and Wilson are just there for salary and roster reasons.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd probably do it if it was all four of those pieces. Don't know if that changes it for Avs fans.
Not even in the slightest. I make that trade all day.
I agree. Both are wayyyyy overpaid.

Might even be cap dumps.

How are you actually analyzing the trade this way? Nyquist has had five consecutive 40+ point seasons and is on the final year of his deal. You know who else is on the last year of his deal? Colin Wilson, who has had one 40+ point season his entire career.

Athanasiou, to me, is a better player than Compher. He's much faster, arguably the fastest player in the league, and is more skilled than Compher. Kamenev doesn't have extremely high upside, and the 2nd is a 2nd. High pick, but not exactly unmovable.

This is a clear, clear win for the Avs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pretty bad for the Wings. Though I do wonder about what it would cost to get Nyquist to Colorado. Feel like he's the cheap kind of secondary scoring that would go well on our team with the 1st line doing the heavy lifting.

A 45-50 point 2nd line Winger like Nyquist would help a lot to ease the load of the top line and should cost a decent bit less then going after a Pacioretty or a Stone level player.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I like AA quite a bit, but I also like Compher. Probably best for both teams to just keep what they have here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad