Claimed off Waivers: Colorado claims Dano off waivers from Winnipeg

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
It's the cost for making a waiver claim. It's spelled out in the CBA( 13.16) and varies based on position and experience . It ranges from 4k for a player with 9 + years of experience to 90k for a goalie with under 2 years of experience.

Honestly not sure why they bother with the cash as it's a relative pittance in the grand scheme of NHL contracts.
Huh TIL. Thanks for the info, man.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Hopefully it gets Kamenev back to the AHL. He has no business being in the NHL at this point.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I’m not a big fan of waiving Dano, but that’s an unfounded statement. There’s nothing to suggest Lemieux is a locker room cancer.

Other than he has been dealt twice because of character issues (once by Buffalo, once in junior by the Colts). And there's been documented problems in AHL with teammates. But other than that, sure nothing.

It might turn out to be nothing. But don't pretend there aren't warning signs both on and off the ice.

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Do you mind explaining further? What is this money for exactly?
Its essentially the cost for the one team to purchase the rights from the other.
The fee is assessed based on how many years the player has had an active contract in the League, as well as their position.

Essentially, a younger, less experienced player costs more to claim, while an older player (the logic being an older player has had more chances to stick around and therefore if they are being waived there is more reason, while a younger player may still have potential and therefore more value) costs much less. The league also values goalies more than skaters, with respect to waiver claim fees.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Other than he has been dealt twice because of character issues (once by Buffalo, once in junior by the Colts). And there's been documented problems in AHL with teammates. But other than that, sure nothing.

It might turn out to be nothing. But don't pretend there aren't warning signs both on and off the ice.

Boohoo!!! Now Dano fans are gonna cry and blame Lemieux for Dano’s inability to stick as an NHL regular.

For what it’s worth, Dano’s now been moved on 3 times by NHL teams and there’s been documented problems with his conditioning but other than that, everybody else but him is to blame for his career being in the toilet.

It might turn out to come back and haunt the Jets for years or not at all, but don’t pretend that Dano hasn’t seen the career warning signs and has yet to take them seriously.

This was a thread about Dano yet someone managed to drag Lemieux into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pongs21

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Boohoo!!! Now Dano fans are gonna cry and blame Lemieux for Dano’s inability to stick as an NHL regular.

For what it’s worth, Dano’s now been moved on 3 times by NHL teams and there’s been documented problems with his conditioning but other than that, everybody else but him is to blame for his career being in the toilet.

It might turn out to come back and haunt the Jets for years or not at all, but don’t pretend that Dano hasn’t seen the career warning signs and has yet to take them seriously.

This was a thread about Dano yet someone managed to drag Lemieux into it.

I blamed lemieux for jets managements decisions? News to me.

Dano is going to be a good one for Colorado. Too bad Maurice could never see past his biases to give him a chance like he had in Columbus (who got alot back for him in that deal).

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I blamed lemieux for jets managements decisions? News to me.

Dano is going to be a good one for Colorado. Too bad Maurice could never see past his biases to give him a chance like he had in Columbus (who got alot back for him in that deal).

As I said earlier, I wasn’t a fan of waiving Dano but to expect Maurice to afford him the same opportunities he had in Columbus is BS. Have you looked at that 2014-15 Blue Jackets roster? Very comparable to the Jets roster, right? C’mon give your head a shake.

Aside from that team’s top 3 point getters of Johansen, Hartnell and Foligno, it was a stellar cast of misfits Dano had to beat out for ice time (Tropp, Letestu, Skille, Boll, Gibbons) Add in Atkinson and Anisimov to the first three and that 5 of your top 6.

Not very difficult for Dano to be gifted prime ice time especially if there were injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad