Claimed off Waivers: Colorado claims Dano off waivers from Winnipeg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He has yet to produce at any level so I doubt it'll happen in the NHL.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

I remember him from that first stint with Columbus making some high end plays great stats .

he turns 24 next month ....if he is gonna stick that Colorado lineup is one of the best to do it on .......

reminds me a bit of Tuevo Terravainen ....it's possible he has the tools, the only thing I see lacking is opportunity and confidence .

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Kerby Rychel Marko Dano is a half point PPG in the AHL who keeps getting chances because he was a first round pick that garned a bit of buzz for being the "prospect" in some high profile deals.

He'll be back on waivers in no time.

Rychel is actually having a nice start this season in the AHL.... 1.5 PPG... small sample set of course... 4 games.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
1.84 P/60 min played in 130 NHL games. He's one of the NHL's "misfit toys", his skating stride looks funny so coaches think he "looks bad" when he plays so they don't give him a chance. When he plays he always gets to the right spots at the right time and usually puts up points. Even with his game stagnating due to all the time in the press box I think that if he gets a chance to play regularly he makes some people look bad for overlooking him.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Armia was a cap dump victim. Dano we lost for absolutely nothing. And we have Brendan Lemieux sitting in our PB who is waiver eligible as well.
I would way way rather have Dano than the locker room cancer in waiting that is Lemieux.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Do you mind explaining further? What is this money for exactly?

It's the cost for making a waiver claim. It's spelled out in the CBA( 13.16) and varies based on position and experience . It ranges from 4k for a player with 9 + years of experience to 90k for a goalie with under 2 years of experience.

Honestly not sure why they bother with the cash as it's a relative pittance in the grand scheme of NHL contracts.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Honestly not sure why they bother with the cash as it's a relative pittance in the grand scheme of NHL contracts.

Because owners like Melnyk count every penny and feel aggrieved when someone gets a waiver claim player for "free" after all the time spent signing them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad