Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll Tiebreaker

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I chose Colin Smith because he had a sort of "break out" year last year.

I was excited about the Heard pick, he seems like a good kid, but he's done nothing to improve since we drafted him, as far as I can tell.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Picked Smith due to much higher upside than Heard. Heard is more safe to crack NHL, but Smith has so much more high-end potential.

I guess give Heard nr.11 as he got so many votes before the h-2-h. I have him at nr.24, but I'm no scout so what do I know.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
My opinion: Heard is the more likely to get a NHL gig as our 4th line center in the future. Smith is a top 6 or bust, given our depth at the position and the odds of him panning out, I foresee a AHL all star, Hensick-like career being his best case scenario.

However, he might get the chance to go elsewhere. But judging by Olver's "success" so far, Smith is likely going to have a long run ahead of him.

Heard will do fine as our 4th line center.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
My opinion: Heard is the more likely to get a NHL gig as our 4th line center in the future. Smith is a top 6 or bust, given our depth at the position and the odds of him panning out, I foresee a AHL all star, Hensick-like career being his best case scenario.

However, he might get the chance to go elsewhere. But judging by Olver's "success" so far, Smith is likely going to have a long run ahead of him.

agreed with all of the above, smith is really going to have to step his game up to avoid just being another hensick, heard should be a good bottom 6 guy for at least several years.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That's kind of how I view this comparison, and other views on similar players.

Smith's numbers at lower levels disguise how much of a long shot he is is at the top 6 or bust scenario with his style of play as a smaller skill player in the NHL, versus Heard who's smarts and work ethic have a better chance at finding his way in to the NHL in a bottom 6 role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad