Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #8

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know its because we have so many of our young guys already playing on the team but our prospect pool kind of bums me out. Mackinnon and Barrie don't really count as they're already locks for the team, and after them we don't have much depth.

Hopefully we end up with a couple of solid NHL players out of this group. I could see a couple of the defenders stick with the team eventually. I think we'll certainly have a couple 4th liners and maybe a backup goalie in Malone/Heard/Pickard/Aitto but that's not terribly exciting since those kinds of players are available every year in FA for cheap.

Barrie's already locked in on our D and I see both Siemens and Sgarbossa as really good bets to replace Hejda and Tanguay, Sgar in particular I think is gunna really flourish next to Mac because he's not just smart and skilled but also has a nice chippiness that will make a Sgar - MacK - Downie line a ***** to defend against and a ***** to play against. If Elliott or Bigras also hit their top 4 potential this prospect pool should be great for filling out this roster.

TatteredTornNFrayed

ocelot spleens, ...
Jan 15, 2008
I still think it is pretty conclusive for Pickard.

Of the 9 people who didn't vote for either, Aittokallio would have to get 8 of the 9 to overtake Pickard.

41 + 1 = 42
vs.
35 + 8 = 43

and that's after several extra voting days longer than the previous ones. At 4 days Aitto couldn't have caught him at all.

OK. With another vote cast, that math is already out of date. Still, the point remains nearly the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->