Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #7

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Meurs being severely underrated

I have him as our 13th best prospect, and have been trying to add him here for some time already. And we already have 3 nominees that don't crack my own top-23 which I find amusing.
But it's very interesting to see how different people evaluate different players.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Meurs being severely underrated

Yeah, he should be on the list in front of guys like Geertsen and Beaupre, maybe even Condon and Smith (I like Smith, but he's pretty much top 6 or bust and him developing into a top 6 forward is a bit of a stretch, while Meurs has a skill set which could allow him to play in the bottom 6 as well).

As for the goalies, Sami and Calvin are ahead of Martin right now because they're further in their development, but Martin is right up there when it comes to talent.

Also if guys like Geertsen and Beaupre made the list, there's no reason to leave off Lauridsen and Young, since both off them showed way more than Mason thus far (I know they're older, but Mason is a guy who comes with nice raw skill and a lot of question marks about how he'll develop over the years, playing a lot of minutes on the Vancouver team should help him, but we'll see) and both could develop into decent bottom pairing defensemen just like Beaupre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad