Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Gods and monsters made Avs prospect A.J. Greer into the...

This guy has been fantastic, Ryan Clark that is.

I'm really like him too. Much different take on the game than any other beat writer the AVs have had. I do believe he goes a little to in-depth on analytics in some of his articles though. I really don't care to read an article and have to break out my math skills to comprehend some of the graphs being shown but he also has done some tremendous work with story telling like the article you posted. He really is providing content for both stat-heads and dumb-asses like me. As an added plus, he's not a dick on social media and seems like a genuinely cool guy. I'd love to have a beer, hang out and talk hockey with him.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Mose not happy. Can't say I blame him. Denver is front running Donkey town. Tweet since has been deleted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181130-114846_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20181130-114846_Twitter.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Balthazar

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Mose not happy. Can't say I blame him. Denver is front running Donkey town. Tweet since has been deleted.

Good for you Mose! It may seem like a losing battle, but keep fighting the good fight. Altitude Sports Radio is the the best (and only) Avs coverage in town. Being an Avs fan in Denver is so frustrating sometimes. The Canadian markets have more Avs coverage than Denver.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a sad state of affairs when the only real media coverage is from the media owned by the team.

Half the building is always full of opposing team fans, media don't care, people don't seem to care either. From the outside is looks like the AVS aren't in good shape locally.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's a sad state of affairs when the only real media coverage is from the media owned by the team.

Half the building is always full of opposing team fans, media don't care, people don't seem to care either. From the outside is looks like the AVS aren't in good shape locally.

That's what a decade of sucking in a transplant city will do. Or what any American city looks like if you suck for a decade.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eeeeeeehhhh, not an issue as far as I'm concerned. I see plenty of people in the seats and plenty of buzz about the team, we all know the Broncos rule the local coverage when they're good, and when they're bad they REALLY rule the local coverage because then the pundits and analysts start in.

I hope I never live to see an era where the Broncos become irrelevant. I saw it happen to the Nuggets, I saw it *kinda* happen to the Avalanche, and also to the Rockies, but it would take failure on a massive level for many years for the Broncos to be ignored. But it's possible...I witnessed the state of Nebraska just kinda turn their back on the Cornhuskers, and that was definitely the nadir of sports in this particular area.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
That city will support a sports team when they are good. I wouldn’t worry about that. Give it a bit, see how it goes if we stay good for a while. We had the record for number of consecutive sellouts for a while there if we don’t still. I’m sure it will come back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Preach Mose. Remember lads he’s not talking about the city or fans supporting the team, but how trash the media is. It has always been terrible, I guarantee you all that The Fan has talked more about Tebow than they have the Avs. And don’t even get me start about the local new stations.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->