Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wasn't a whole lot, ROR just kind of chuckled at how if you messed up on the man on man coverage there would be hell to pay. Very intense guy.

Said during the offer sheet saga there were definitely some guys who weren't happy with his holdout. Friedman also mentioned how ROR is bit of an out of the box thinker, independent, and the Avs/teams didn't really like that.

Avs traded O'Reilly because Papa O'Reilly made him a vegetarian!

Here's the video:

Reactions: avsfan09

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
More like psychotic father's parenting also makes his son psychotic. I would still take O'Reilly back here though, got no hard feelings towards him either.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I do. I think Haefele put it best on Twitter: He's a prima donna who goes to great effort to convince everyone he's a rink rat with no ego. I was pretty ambivalent about him but no, f*** him.

And it had nothing to do with his "independent thinking," he just asked for more money than what the Avs were willing to pay.

I suppose I'd never spit at seeing a talent of that caliber added to this roster but it ain't happenin', and I'm more than okay with that.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
psychotic father

Dater hinted the other day that daddy O'Reilly showed up uninvited to his house not long after the Denver Post debacle and "saved his life". He wrote more details but quickly deleted the tweets for some reason.

He's some kind of weird guy for sure.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dater hinted the other day that daddy O'Reilly showed up uninvited to his house not long after the Denver Post debacle and "saved his life". He wrote more details but quickly deleted the tweets for some reason.

He's some kind of weird guy for sure.
Maybe he has a UFO cult and Dater joined. That's probably it.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I am actually enjoying McNab a lot more this season than in the last several. Mostly because Moser actually keeps the focus on the game at hand a lot more than Haynes did. Big, big improvement for me.

Connor has a wonderful voice and disposition and with time I suspect he will be a quality TV PBP guy.

The only reason I ever liked Mike Haynes on TV was because his name wasn't Doug McLeod.
Same here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How come?

Because he and his camp have gone out of their way to paint a picture of him that doesn't correlate with reality. Hell of a player, but nowhere near as good a guy or teammate or leader as he's been propped up to be. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, just annoyed that the whole impetus behind the drive for a megadeal was selling his "character," when they should've just said he's a fantastic hockey player and left it at that.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Also, more from the Boulding/JJ Jerez podcast, Boulding says he's heard people saying how Mikko is going to take a bridge deal, and wonders what it is they're smoking because there's no way him and his camp are pushing for that.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Players who are PPG for 66% of their ELC always seek to minimise their immediate earning potential. 4x4 extension incoming.

Reactions: hooverdam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->