Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I haven't seen anything that says that personally? I hear that he lives in Vail so he does broadcasting as a part-time gig considering the driving distances between the places. Rycroft is the full-time employee.

Thanks Seph, just wasn’t sure if I missed something. And of course haven’t seen him. I felt like he got a bit more comfortable and confident last year, I would hate to see him go.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lucky ****ing bastard.
Vail is beautiful and has fantastic restaurants, but it's kind of a rich and sort of snobby place on the side of I-70 (so you also get a lot of tourists). Google Image Ouray, CO, more wild-west, more beautiful, and actually feels like a mountain town (people call it Suisse of North America). Ouray also has an fantastic park for ice-climbing, I haven't done it personally because it's dangerous AF, but a couple of my friends have gnarly stories.

Cripple Creek is also a pretty awesome creepy town because they allow gambling so you get like a crazy feeling that the wild-west has never left the place.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Vail is beautiful and has fantastic restaurants, but it's kind of a rich and sort of snobby place on the side of I-70 (so you also get a lot of tourists). Google Image Ouray, CO, more wild-west, more beautiful, and actually feels like a mountain town (people call it Suisse of North America). Ouray also has an fantastic park for ice-climbing, I haven't done it personally because it's dangerous AF, but a couple of my friends have gnarly stories.

Cripple Creek is also a pretty awesome creepy town because they allow gambling so you get like a crazy feeling that the wild-west has never left the place.
I find little towns nestled in-between a bunch of mountains so cool, sometimes I feel like I was born on the wrong coast with how much I unexplainably love the whole mountain/west lifestyle :laugh:

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I could've sworn I heard McGahey say that Moser is going to be doing radio broadcasts when games are on Mondays and McGahey would do TV - anyone know anything about that?

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I could've sworn I heard McGahey say that Moser is going to be doing radio broadcasts when games are on Mondays and McGahey would do TV - anyone know anything about that?

Yeah they’re definitely doing this. Talked about it in the pregame and did a segment with Mose and McGahey. I’m not sure what the motive is though. Perhaps grooming both for McNabs eventual retirement.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Yeah they’re definitely doing this. Talked about it in the pregame and did a segment with Mose and McGahey. I’m not sure what the motive is though. Perhaps grooming both for McNabs eventual retirement.

PxP is very different from Colour. Rycroft is the heir to McNab

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If that's the reason then I'm all for it.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, that's fine, why not mix it up a little? I think McGahee is great on the radio. Love the "I AM GROOB!" calls on a big save from Phil. :laugh:

One minor nitpicky complaint: His score calls feel like they take forever. "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SCORES!"

Meanwhile I've been waiting patiently to figure out if it went in or not.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Is that Ryan Clark who is basically dominating the Bednar scrums now? I'm pretty sure it is and every time I watch, I find myself thinking that good questions are being asked and he's getting good answers in return. Big improvement over what we've been used to when the team is on the road.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Is that Ryan Clark who is basically dominating the Bednar scrums now? I'm pretty sure it is and every time I watch, I find myself thinking that good questions are being asked and he's getting good answers in return. Big improvement over what we've been used to when the team is on the road.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's Jesse Montano with BSN.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

Ouray is a awesome town but it is in no way comparable to Vail. It's tiny, especially in the winter. There are literally 30-40 people between 18-35 who live there year round and the collection of characters who choose to live in Ouray are very different than people who live in Vail. Vail is a swanky resort town with a thriving population of people just like JML: 35-60, "retired early," rich. Vail alone has a population of 5.5k, Ouray's is barely 1k and most of those people don't live there full time.

The Ice Park is freaking rad. I'm good buddies with many of the guys and gals who run the park and I spend a ton of time in the area for reference. The Ice Park is significantly safer than any backcountry ice but it is still climbing ice, which is just inherently dangerous :laugh:. You should try it next time you're around, it can be a whole bunch of fun in the park.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ouray is a awesome town but it is in no way comparable to Vail. It's tiny, especially in the winter. There are literally 30-40 people between 18-35 who live there year round and the collection of characters who choose to live in Ouray are very different than people who live in Vail. Vail is a swanky resort town with a thriving population of people just like JML: 35-60, "retired early," rich. Vail alone has a population of 5.5k, Ouray's is barely 1k and most of those people don't live there full time.

The Ice Park is freaking rad. I'm good buddies with many of the guys and gals who run the park and I spend a ton of time in the area for reference. The Ice Park is significantly safer than any backcountry ice but it is still climbing ice, which is just inherently dangerous :laugh:. You should try it next time you're around, it can be a whole bunch of fun in the park.
Wasn't trying to compare them, but just sayin' that if you want to go to a real mountain town, it's not going to be a ski resort on the side of I-70 :laugh::nod:. I agree with the concept though that they are really different so I guess @Foppberg you should visit both when you get your career under you. Also totally agree that Vail is perfect for those blokes who drive SUV Porsches' or Range Rovers (not saying JML is that guy, but similar income).

I'm not really a huge climber, more of a hiker myself. I mean I really want to push myself out there and start rock climbing since two of my really good buddies do it (they go to Movement all the time) and have invited me, but been so lazy for some reason.

Reactions: Foppberg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Wasn't trying to compare them, but just sayin' that if you want to go to a real mountain town, it's not going to be a ski resort on the side of I-70 :laugh::nod:. I agree with the concept though that they are really different so I guess @Foppberg you should visit both when you get your career under you. Also totally agree that Vail is perfect for those blokes who drive SUV Porsches' or Range Rovers (not saying JML is that guy, but similar income).

I'm not really a huge climber, more of a hiker myself. I mean I really want to push myself out there and start rock climbing since two of my really good buddies do it (they go to Movement all the time) and have invited me, but been so lazy for some reason.
I do love rock climbing.... I'll keep an eye out for Smiley's van and he can give me a tour of the best spots ;)

Also this was my 10k post.... wow. So that means I can't post anymore, I'll just be in the background giving out likes from now on.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Good stuff from Matt Barnaby today on NHL Radio. He said his very favorite team he ever played for was the Avalanche and thought Forsberg and Sakic had the best wrist shots he ever saw. Also revealed to an amused Steve Kouleas that he took Teemu Selanne's spot in the lineup and followed up with "I love Tony Granato, but Teemu should've played."

Reactions: Lemonlimey

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Avs' radio guy who did the game on tv last night is good. I like Moser a lot but I won't be mad if he gets replaced by radio guy one day.
Edit: It still amazes me but I liked McNab again. He's so much better without Haynes.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Counting-Your-Stack-Of-100-Dollar-Bills-Like-a-Boss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad