Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I cannot stand Moser as a play-by-play. He is too manic/frenzied for radio. Worse for TV.
Mike used to be the same way on radio. He basically dropped all that when he went to TV. I'm confident that Moser will do that same.

Radio is a different animal. Your audience can't see what you see, so you have to paint a picture for them, thus there's usually more manic/frenzied PBP. Plus, Moser had no color guy, so he talked more. With TV, the audience can see it too, so you don't have to be as descriptive, plus Pete will talk a lot over him. I'm sure this has already been discussed with Mose. Marc doesn't have the classic voice like Haynes does, but he understands the game and situations better, IMO, and will do a better job. I also think he will do a better job of calling a spade, a spade on air (ie: calling out bad play, bad calls, etc.) and not nob the shaft of opposing players so much.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't see the Lauren fuss either. She's not ugly, but unless you have a fetish for her hair color I don't get it.

As for Moser, I think the best approach is to wait and see. You can't listen to a guy by himself on radio (purely audio medium) and then just assume that he'll act exactly the same when working with a partner on television. Honestly now that the team might actually be a good for a while, I think it would be nice to have a play by play guy with a bit more professionalism and hockey IQ than Haynes demonstrated. I don't know if Moser will be that guy, but honestly he'd have to work hard to be worse than Haynes in that regard.

I liked his voice, and I enjoyed a lot of his back and forth stuff with McNabb, but he did not make watching the actual play on the ice any better.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Congrats to Moser on the new gig. Seems like a nice guy and has put in the years of service to get where he is.

In saying that, I’ll be watching all Avalanche games on the visiting feed because I can’t stand the sound of his voice or his over the top enthusiasm. I respect him, but I don’t wanna listen to him. In fact I hate it.

Reactions: BrickAHL and Avs44

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I’m just imagining all the guys saying Lauren is average crumbling if they stood next to her. Had a conversation with her at a game last year and she’s gorgeous and cool.

Not a Mose fan, and it’s pretty scummy that they haven’t said anything about the guy who was here 20 years, even if I wasn’t a big fan.

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not to toot my own horn or anything but Lauren talked to me for a little bit last season and she initiated the conversation. She’s clearly into me :sarcasm:

Reactions: BrickAHL

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I’m just imagining all the guys saying Lauren is average crumbling if they stood next to her. Had a conversation with her at a game last year and she’s gorgeous and cool.

Not a Mose fan, and it’s pretty scummy that they haven’t said anything about the guy who was here 20 years, even if I wasn’t a big fan.

Not to toot my own horn or anything but Lauren talked to me for a little bit last season and she initiated the conversation. She’s clearly into me :sarcasm:

Could you guys share the selfies you obviously took with her? ;)

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Anyway, the Haynes thing, there's two ways of looking at this as far as I can see:

He did something that's been kept under wraps, which is a scummy move.
He got let go either for not moving to radio as speculated or they just wanted a change - and have made no public acknowledgement of it, which is also a scummy move given the guy's been there twenty years.

Either way, I think someone's coming out of it not looking good. The only other suggestion I could make would be he's sick somehow, which I'd hope isn't the case. I'm also surprised McNab is still there, he's getting on a bit and I wouldn't have thought he'd stay if Haynes left under strange circumstances. It just seems to have been handled badly whatever it is and I'd hoped the Avalanche as an organisation was past this crap.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I've seen girls before
qckcp.jpg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't understand folks saying this is a scummy or dirtbag move.

The AVs have traded quite a few players I like and have chosen to not-resign others...while I might not necessarily like some of the decisions, their deciding factor (outside of training camp hold-outs under PL) has always been an attempt to make the on-ice product better.

Why is making a change to try and better your product off the ice a dirtbag move when we all are dying for them to try and do the same thing with the on-ice product?

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

The AVs have traded quite a few players I like and have chosen to not-resign others...while I might not necessarily like some of the decisions, their deciding factor (outside of training camp hold-outs under PL) has always been an attempt to make the on-ice product better.

Why is making a change to try and better your product off the ice a dirtbag move when we all are dying for them to try and do the same thing with the on-ice product?
He was with the Avs for 20 years or so and became kind of "The Voice" of the Avalanche. He deserves a better exit.

Reactions: MarkT and 5280

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nobody really knows what happened with Haynes yet, and we may never know. Probably best to reserve judgement on all sides.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

The Colorado Avalanche has existed for 23 years. How many people have worked for them in some capacity for as long as Haynes? Now, how many of them have been seen and heard by the viewing public every game?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh....Cody McLeod spent 10 years getting punched in the face for the organization and was traded for Felix Girard.

Adam Deadmarsh was around for six years, an absolute fan-favorite and was traded while his wife was having a complicated pregnancy with twins.

It's all part of the business.

I get it, you're a big Haynes fan. I wasn't. That being said, without any more knowledge that what we have available, I'm not about to say one side is sleezy, scummy or did something terrible. People get laid-off, fired, demoted and replaced everyday. The world will move on.

Guess I can really only add that I hope we do end up enjoying Marc on TV.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Meh....Cody McLeod spent 10 years getting punched in the face for the organization and was traded for Felix Girard.

Adam Deadmarsh was around for six years, an absolute fan-favorite and was traded while his wife was having a complicated pregnancy with twins.

It's all part of the business.

I get it, you're a big Haynes fan. I wasn't. That being said, without any more knowledge that what we have available, I'm not about to say one side is sleezy, scummy or did something terrible. People get laid-off, fired, demoted and replaced everyday. The world will move on.

Guess I can really only add that I hope we do end up enjoying Marc on TV.
It's nothing to do with whatever I thought of Haynes. For all I'm saying about him being a conduit between the team and the viewing public for so long, I've only watched every Avalanche game for the past two seasons.

Comparing players who're traded isn't really the same, and there's at least an acknowledgement of them when they leave even if it's a terse "We thank him for his service" tacked on to the end of the article.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's up to the Avs how they want their product to be so I don't have any issue with them deciding to go in a different direction. The only thing I didn't like is how they didn't acknowledge Haynes at all and are pretending like he didn't exist. However, we may not know the entire story so maybe there's a reason for that. Even the other employees, who have been congratulating the new hires, aren't saying anything about Haynes.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They probably had shitty ratings/feedback with Haynes and thought Moser would help. I wouldn'd read too much into it, had Haynes done something bad they'd not have offered him the radio job.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They probably had ****ty ratings/feedback with Haynes and thought Moser would help. I wouldn'd read too much into it, had Haynes done something bad they'd not have offered him the radio job.

It would have looked almost as weird if he'd have taken the radio job lol.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Radio and TV are different so Moser will most likely tone it down a bit. When people can see what's happening, you can't paint everything as a great chance.

Reactions: klozge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->