Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Such as? Chambers?

The biggest part of the problem is that we don't have a decent beat writer. If we had a Portzline or a Russo (or one of the many who cover Canadian teams) I wouldn't care who the Athletic hires to cover the Avs.

We basically have Chambers, Dater and the DNVR guys. Come on.
And the Avalanche omerta doesn’t help.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
When he's not talking about hockey, nostalgia or music Dater can be interesting.

Sounds like he had to be a Lyft driver on the side during the BSN days.

I’ll admit: when I started doing some driving about three years ago, I needed the money more. For a couple of dark and dismal months, Lyft was the No. 1. supplier of my personal income. It’s not that driving solely for Lyft as your main occupation was the source of my darkness. But I was between the next big decision in my mind back then, which was whether I should stay on essentially as a hired gun in the place I was then, or finally actually grow a pair and work for myself.

Reactions: shadow1

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They really gotta figure this shit out. This is ridiculous.
D2sJ2c5XQAIA3bN.jpg:large

(will be testing that out on ESPN+ this year)

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Can't believe we are about to go into year 3 with no local TV deal.... that's wild.

Oh I'm perfectly fine, I get DTV so I can watch the Nuggets and Avalanche whenever I want, but I think it's stupid AF that I live 8 hours away from Golden and get Altitude, but my father, who still lives in Golden (Comcast subscriber), can't.

It's asinine.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
On one hand, I can't blame Altitude for agreeing to a deal with Dish and Comcast that will essentially run them out of business and force them to sell to the SPNs those cable providers already own. On the other hand, they were kinda foolish to break away from the nice TV/radio deals that were already in place and create their own network. The sports landscape was already shifting when they decided to do this, and unlike the Yankees, the Avs and Nuggets don't have nearly as big a fanbase to have pulled something like this off successfully.

I suppose though, if not for Altitude we wouldn't have the Laurens, so in the end it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->