News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
huh I will be interested to see how this goes. Does the package cost go down in future months now as well?

Direct TV has always been bush league - their stance doesn’t surprise me

Yes, that's my understanding.

Comcast Offers Partial Credit On Bill During Altitude Sports Blackout

Of the three service providers, only Comcast is giving some financial relief to its customers. A spokesperson tells CBS4 the company is applying a partial credit to customers’ bills for the Regional Sports Network Fee. The credit will automatically appear on billing statements.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Comcast just announced they are going to start giving partial credit back on bills for those missing altitude. Smart PR move by them. Dish is handling "on a case by case basis" and DTV says "NO REFUNDS!"

Thats unbelievable, but really not shocking. Since all you are paying for now with your RSN fee is the Rockies, they can try to make the case that the rights they own are worth a heck of a lot more. Also note DTV is in the driver seat with so many of their subscribers locked in for long periods. You have no way out, why I got away from them and their hideously overpriced second year of locked in service.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
As crappy as it is that corporations are not allowing Denver fans to watch the Avs on TV, I guess we should be happy corporations haven't decided to shut off our power yet.

Reactions: Hornstar

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
As crappy as it is that corporations are not allowing Denver fans to watch the Avs on TV, I guess we should be happy corporations haven't decided to shut off our power yet.
That just happened where I live. We’ve been blacked out for two days in Santa Cruz. It was completely intentional so that fires wouldn’t start.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
So after altitude shut us down I purchased center ice. They have blacked out all 3 games this far. Saying I am in the area. I live two states away and 12 hour drive. Total bullshit! I changed my VPN and that worked for a brief moment. I don't know who's to blame but the greed is showing it's teeth. Feel awful for local businesses losing their butts.
It's not hard to find a stream to watch but why should we have to resort to that

Reactions: Lemonlimey

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
So after altitude shut us down I purchased center ice. They have blacked out all 3 games this far. Saying I am in the area. I live two states away and 12 hour drive. Total bull****! I changed my VPN and that worked for a brief moment. I don't know who's to blame but the greed is showing it's teeth. Feel awful for local businesses losing their butts.
It's not hard to find a stream to watch but why should we have to resort to that

I don't know what VPN you have, but I've had good luck using ExpressVPN's San Francisco server. The majority of the games are not blacked out, and the only ones that usually are, are the nationally televised ones - at which point I usually just switch to a non-hockey nation in Europe - like Netherlands.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
YonderTV working for me so far as VPN service. It’s free first week then 4 bucks a month. God I hope the Nuggets season starting moves the needle with this impasse, everyone is losing. (except our team at least)

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I don’t know if this has been discussed within the last couple pages but, as a Avs fan living in Austin, Texas that has used Center Ice for years... they have completed eliminated Colorado “home feeds” as an option thru Center Ice. So far there hasn’t been an option for a home feed for any of Colorado past or upcoming games. I called Direct TV to see what the deal was and they just didn’t understand what was talking about. Once they finally understood, they didn’t have any answers for the reasoning.

Luckily, I have a Sony TV that allows the download of the NHL app and I just stream Colorado’s feed thru there. ‍♂️

Reactions: Cassie Campbell

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I don’t know if this has been discussed within the last couple pages but, as a Avs fan living in Austin, Texas that has used Center Ice for years... they have completed eliminated Colorado “home feeds” as an option thru Center Ice. So far there hasn’t been an option for a home feed for any of Colorado past or upcoming games. I called Direct TV to see what the deal was and they just didn’t understand what was talking about. Once they finally understood, they didn’t have any answers for the reasoning.

Luckily, I have a Sony TV that allows the download of the NHL app and I just stream Colorado’s feed thru there. ‍♂️

How does the quality compare? I hate streaming if I can watch through cable

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
How does the quality compare? I hate streaming if I can watch through cable
It’s okay. I’m sure the quality varies quite a bit depending on ones internet speed and connection. I’d much rather watch it on cable but if it’s my only option than it’s just fine. Not too much lag or pixelation issues so far.

what I find odd though, is Direct TVs removal of the Avs home feed as an option. It reminds me a crazy ex that has the “if I can’t have you NO ONE can” mindset. It has to be a conscious decision on their part right? They don’t want any appearance of the altitude on any channel at any time.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So, Dater is saying that the two sides are close?

giphy.gif

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast, please be comcast

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
He's saying one of the three providers blocking Altitude is in serious talks, he doesn't know which one, but anticipates the other two will follow suit as they don't like it when one of them possesses exclusive content.

I don't think I was on the nose enough.

Dater. Is saying... a thing... about the closeness of two sides.

But in all seriousness, yeah, the idea that the "other 2 don't like being left out" is exactly the reason all 3 felt emboldened to take a hard line. They knew they could rely on the casual collusion to bend altitude over.

Whatever happens, I hope they are smart enough to make the contract lengths not all come up at the same time....

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Get the damn deal done before this weekend when I'm up at my cabin where I have DirecTV but no internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad