News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Did Foppa really say, "It would be great if we can help Colorado get some good players. I think they need to win some games here."?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
What does he mean by "we"?

8g3A.gif

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What does he mean by "we"?

If I understand correctly, Foppa and Lemieux are starting their own agency for players.
As player agents, they (or "we", meaning Forsberg and Lemieux) can represent some talented players, and direct them to the Avalanche.

(I didn't actually read the article or listen to the podcast, or whatever, I'm just making a SWAG here...)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If I understand correctly, Foppa and Lemieux are starting their own agency for players.
As player agents, they (or "we", meaning Forsberg and Lemieux) can represent some talented players, and direct them to the Avalanche.

(I didn't actually read the article or listen to the podcast, or whatever, I'm just making a SWAG here...)
Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense.

Agents are usually lawyers, so I guess Forsberg will hire some with all his Crocs money.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

They're not starting one. Lemieux already worked for the agency, and now Forsberg has joined up.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

dionisus1122

Jun 30, 2016
Sorry, I know I'm a newbie poster, but I just have to vent..... Connor McGahey is awful as the PbP guy. Am I the only one who thinks this? The Avs subreddit thinks I'm nuts - but does anyone else get tired of him and McNabb just having casual conversation for huge stretches of time? He seems to miss most of the action. Him and McNabb are like nails on chalkboard annoying for me. I pray he doesn't end up taking the TV gig next season.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Sorry, I know I'm a newbie poster, but I just have to vent..... Connor McGahey is awful as the PbP guy. Am I the only one who thinks this? The Avs subreddit thinks I'm nuts - but does anyone else get tired of him and McNabb just having casual conversation for huge stretches of time? He seems to miss most of the action. Him and McNabb are like nails on chalkboard annoying for me. I pray he doesn't end up taking the TV gig next season.

Im probably the minority here but I like Moser much better

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You'll find my post on the subject when it first happened remains as pertinent today as it did then: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

I actually like both of them....but I find it...umm interesting that what bothers you about McGahey is casual conversations for stretches of time. Did you ever catch a broadcast with McNab (one "b" by the way) and Haynes? It was like going to the bar with two drunk uncles. They rarely, if ever, talked about the game at hand.

dionisus1122

Jun 30, 2016
I actually like both of them....but I find it...umm interesting that what bothers you about McGahey is casual conversations for stretches of time. Did you ever catch a broadcast with McNab (one "b" by the way) and Haynes? It was like going to the bar with two drunk uncles. They rarely, if ever, talked about the game at hand.

Yep - and Haynes drove me nuts also, which is why I was happy to have Moser takeover.

It is also why Rycroft and Moser are my favorite combo - all about the hockey!

Reactions: rozier24 and MarkT

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I like him a lot. I like Moser as well but McGahey is great in my opinion. On the other hand I'm not a huge fan of McNabb. I like him better without Haynes but that's not saying much.

Reactions: Tru and S E P H

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

I don't think it bothers me as much as you, but McGahey seems to think McNab is the funniest guy on earth and just can't keep himself from laughing, and the interaction keeps going regardless of what's happening on the ice. I like McGahey when he's doing just pure play-by-play, but he's definitely doing some of the same things that Haynes did that pissed me off so much.

Moser meanwhile, while not perfect, is pretty much a pro at cutting off McNab mid-sentence when something interesting or exciting happens on the ice.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Stunning news about Vic Lombardi.

Vic Lombardi has made a living out of talking, and he's...

Back when I was a college student at Metro and he was still at Channel 4, he went out of his way to give coverage to the men's basketball team there when they were on their championship runs. And he was the only guy who did so from the major sports/news outlets. I've never met him but he seems like a pretty outstanding guy. Hope to hell he beats this.

For those of you who cannot read the link--Vic has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer at the age of 49. He's going to undergo surgery soon and then treatment will depend on whether the cancer has spread or not.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's one thing when a few guys get annoyed by you. When everyone gets annoyed by you it's time to take a good long look in the mirror.

Last time he took a look in the mirror was when he actually got fired by the Denver Post. Seriously, let that sink in...he was actually fired by the Denver Post. It was not a down-sizing, it was not a layoff...the dude just is not stable. He's a miserable f***.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad