Colorado Avalanche Board Fan Biographies

Discussion in 'Colorado Avalanche' started by Ensane, Dec 28, 2003.

1. thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid Registered User

I guess I'd introduce myself before I started posting. I've been reading these threads religiously for the past couple years and it's really nice to know there are so many people that are passionate about this team. It's also been a place of comfort for me when we get wrecked on what seems to be a nightly basis now. But its ok, Avs are love, Avs are life.

Name: Tony Q
    Favorite Music Artist(s): Total hip-hop head - Mos Def, Big L, Tribe, Wu Tang,
    Favorite TV Show: Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball Z, New Girl
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Hot Zone - Richard Preston
    Favorite Avs: Duchy and Mack
    Favorite ex-Av: Foppa hands down
    Favorite non-Av: Erik Karlsson
    Next or other favorite team(s): the Bolts are fun to watch
    How else is hockey in your life?: Xbox game, used to play when i was a wee lad. Still twig around sometimes
    Favorite Av moment: Foppa's monster game against Florida
    How and when did i become an Av fan?: Born and raised in the Boulder area, went to my first game at the McNichols Sports Arena (saw them beat the Sharks) and fell in love with hockey and the avs ever since.

2. Ncit3

Ncit3 Need More Swiss

May as well post since I have been an on and off poster for a few years now.

Name: Kyle
    Sex: M
    Status: Involved. It's confusing. Met my girlfriend in Italy and we have been dealing with the distance and saving up for that final move.
    Occupation: Mechanical Drafter. Going back to school in fall for History.
    Favorite Music Artist: Too many to choose. Fan of everything from Amon Amarth and Myrath (metal) to Drum and Bass and Dreamwave. Love me some trance as well.
    Favorite TV show: Community, Parks and Rec, Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Anything geeky I guess?
    Favorite Book: The Blade Itself, Mistborne Trilogy, Discworld, Hyperion, Warhammer fluff novels.
    Favorite Avs: Varlamov and Grigorenko. I like my russians. Wish the organization liked them more.
    Favorite Ex-Avs: Forsberg, Gusarov, Kamensky
    Favorite non-Av: Karlsson. Kuznetsov is making a case. Ovechkin, Kucherov.
    Next favorite team: Senators and Lightning
    Favorite Av moment: Watching the Avs win the cup as a 9 year old kid. Changed my perception of the game and made me the huge fan I am today. Wish Colorado had the growing infrastructure that it does these days when I was a kid. I would have loved to be involved playing the game. Not a lot of opportunities even now as an adult in the area I live.
    How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Same as above.

3. Khokhlach86

Khokhlach86 Registered User

Name: Alexandr
    Favoite Music Artist(s): Kelly Clarkson, LaScala, DDT.
    Favorite TV show: the Voice, Suits, Walking Dead.
    Favorite Av: Duchene.
    Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic.
    Favorite non-Av: Malkin.
    Next or other favorite team: Lightning.
    How else is hockey in your life?: 15 years ago I was playing in the yard, that's all.
    Favorite Av moment: Sakic goal in the 7th match of the final, it was amazing and a complete misunderstanding of Brodeur adorned it.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: As a child I collected hockey sticker and I had a magazine stickers NHL 95-96, there I read that the Quebec Nordiques moved to Denver, I became interested in it, and I liked the team logo, and then I saw the final against Florida .. .And in Russia, almost all supporting Detroit because a lot of Russian players play in Detroit, I hated it. Since then I Avs fan!

4. LaCienegaAvs

LaCienegaAvs Registered User

Librarian
    Name: Kathleen
    Favoite Music Artist(s): reggae, R&B, Motown, a little bit of everything else
    Favorite TV show: X-Files
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I like all genres of books
    Favorite Av: I have several including EJ, Landy, and Varly. The newest is Mikko. But really, I appreciate them all for various reasons (including the "scrubs").
    Favorite Ex-Av: Patty
    Favorite non-Av: I don't really go there mentally...maybe Kris Letang
    Next or other favorite team: I put up with the Pittsburgh Penguins, but only because my husband is from the Pittsburgh area and we have agreed to support each other's teams in the interest of harmony.
    How else is hockey in your life?: I don't play; I am too busy watching hockey plus all my other interests.
    Favorite Av moment: What always strikes me is when the Avs first came to Colorado; I distinctly remember how impressed and awed I was by Patrick Roy and the intensity of his blue eyes as well as the equipment, the likes of which I had never seen before. I don't think I ever knew what he actually looked like without the mask until several years later. My family is from New Mexico, and hockey was truly an unfamiliar sport, so Patrick Roy is my first real memory of the sport as well as the Avs!
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: I really began to understand the sport in 2007, but did not specifically pay close attention to the Avs until early 2013. I have to admit that the Ryan 0'Reilly drama plus Jiggy calling the team out was a real attention-grabber that season. The Patrick Roy hire really pulled me in completely without me even realizing it until I had subscribed to Center Ice for the following season. I have been reading all of your comments since 2013. It's been an interesting read for sure!

5. Bubba Thudd

Bubba Thudd Manic Depressive Who Walks In The Rain

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
    Welcome aboard!

6. IndustryLeech

IndustryLeech Registered User

Art Director
    Name: Brian
    Location: Grew up in Fort Collins, CO. Lived in Thousand Oaks, CA...Salt Lake City, UT...Eugene, OR...moving to Irvine, CA in a few months
    Favorite Music Artist(s): Mike Patton's many projects, Tool, Rush, Opeth, Porcupine Tree
    Favorite TV show: Homocide: Life on the Streets
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Stephen King, Hunter S Thompson, Arthur C Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Philip K Dick
    Favorite Av: Duchene
    Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
    Favorite non-Av: Jaromir Jagr or Brent Burns
    Next or other favorite team: none
    How else is hockey in your life?: I've never played hockey (gasp!)
    Favorite Av moment: Being at McNichols for game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals and watching the game on the Jumbotron with my brother and a friend. When Krupp finally scored to settle the incredible goalie battle the place went bonkers! We were seen on TV in the crowd when the Avs won that game and the Cup. I watch clips of that win often on Youtube and always feel fortunate I was able to be with thousands of Avs fans when we won the Cup, even if the team won it in Florida. I traveled to Denver from California where I was living in hopes that I could attend a game, and while I wasn't able to see the Avs play at McNichols during the finals, it was incredibly awesome seeing them win it live.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: When it was announced that the Nordiques were moving to Denver I became a fan instantly.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. 18007

18007 Sakic Lover

Was McNichols that night, too. Good times.

8. Hasbro

Hasbro Can He Skate?! Sponsor

Drone
    Same here. "We'll eat after the game" has gone down in infamy in my circles.

9. 18007

18007 Sakic Lover

Yeah I have to be honest I don't remember all that much from that night, but I think I remembering being pissed off when the concessions stopped flowing sometime during the night. :laugh:

10. 18007

18007 Sakic Lover

Name: Mike
    Location: Boone, NC. Grew up in Littleton, CO, moved out there in 1988 when I was 12 because my dad moved our family out there for his job. Moved from Atlanta, GA.
    Favorite Music Will listen to damn near anything except for country. Like Jam bands the most.
    Favorite TV show: The Wire right now, Breaking bad before. I don't watch many TV shows, though.
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Don't really read that much anymore, but just finished Game of Thrones. Probably the best "fantasy" series I have ever read and I read a bunch when I was younger.
    Favorite Av: Beauchemin
    Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
    Favorite non-Av: Keith, Kane or Datsyuk
    Next or other favorite team: none
    How else is hockey in your life?: I have carpel tunnel syndrome from typing so much on this forum.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: When it was announced that the Nordiques were moving to Denver I became a fan instantly. My dad had season tickets to the Flame's games in Atlanta for some reason and I grew up as a fan of hockey. I remember liking the Denver Grizzlies for a little bit before the Av's too. My brother played it growing up until he when to high school too, so I went to see him play a lot.
    Favorite Avs moment: When we won the triple overtime game against Chicago in 1996 and how grueling that series was. I have no idea why, but I remember that moment more than others for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  11. Jarey Curry

Jarey Curry Avalanche of Makar

Name: Joe Sakic
    Favorite Music Artist: Anything that's rock n' roll
    Favorite TV show: That 70's Show
    Favorite Book: The Dirt
    Favorite Avs: MacKinnon
    Favorite Ex-Avs: Joe Sakic
    Favorite non-Av: Ovechkin
    Next favorite team: Flyers, Lightning
    Favorite Av moment: Recently, the "fluke season" and hoping for the next "fluke" to happen
    How and when did you become an Avs fan: Something as simple as choosing the avs on nhl 98 and they kicked some serious ass back then!
    How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Let's say I've dabbled with hockey here and there before Torino olympics 06' but that tournament and Team Finland's greatness made me a non-stop addict ever since
    Position: Any forward position
    Shoots: Left[/QUOTE]

12. McMetal

McMetal Writer of Wrongs

Name: Scott
    Favoite Music Artist(s): Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Insomnium, Nightwish. Heavy Metal Forever!
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Favorite series are Stephen King's "The Dark Tower", plus the Harry Potter series and The Dresden Files.
    Other Hobbies: Stand-up comedy, although I am currently on a bit of a hiatus from performing.
    Favorite Av: Probably MacKinnon, he's the offensive engine of this team, I can't wait to see him take it to the next level. I also really love cheering for Grigorenko.
    Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy. Without Roy, I don't believe this team would ever have won a cup.
    Favorite non-Av: Alex Ovechkin, one of the deadliest shooters in the history of the NHL.
    Next or other favorite team: I like Chicago a lot, and respect what they've been able to do over the dynasty era.
    How else is hockey in your life?: Used to play in a local in-line hockey league in high school. Played defense, but wanted goalie. We had a beast goalie on our team though so I only ever got to play if he was sick and during practice. I miss it, but the investment in equipment is too much for me to handle right now.
    Favorite Av moment: Uwe Krupp's triple OT goal to win the Cup in '96. The shock of the marathon game ending with a single shot was breathtaking.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: I was 10 when the Avs moved into town, and watched a lot of those games with my dad. I instantly fell in love and wanted to do that myself. I kind of fell out of watching for a few years after Sakic, Forsberg, and Roy retired, and then came back into the fold for the miracle season.

13. The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park Registered User

I've started posting on here somewhat consistently, figured I may as well make a bio for everyone.

Name: Pearce
    Staus: Single
    Favorite Music Artist: Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def
    Favorite TV show: Top Gear BBC, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Everybody Hates Chris, Mad Men
    Favorite Book: Not a huge reader (shocker I'm sure lol)
    Favorite Avs: Sakic (still counts IMO), Duchene, Zadorov
    Favorite Ex-Avs: Svatos (for his one year of brilliance lol), Mike Ricci
    Favorite non-Av: Ovi or Keith
    Next favorite team: Capitals
    Favorite Av moment: Either the '01 Cup or Red Wings rivalry
    How and when did you become an Avs fan: Moved to CO when I was 5 and my parents started to watch hockey and turned me into a hockey fan.
    Hobbies: Watching soccer or playing it for that matter
    How else is hockey in your life: Played roller hockey from 9-12, had a killer backhand back in the day. Made up for my lack of ability to "hockey stop".

14. VinnyAvs

VinnyAvs Registered User

Name: Vinny
    Favoite Music Artist(s): Muse, Led Zeppelin, Wolfmother
    Favorite TV show: The Office
    FavoriteBook(s) or Author(s): none
    Favorite Av: Matt Duchene
    Favorite Ex-Av: Joe Sakic
    Favorite non-Av: Joe Thornton
    Next or other favorite team: I enjoy watching the California teams
    How else is hockey in your life?: I used to play ice hockey, but now I just do street hockey on my own
    Favorite Av moment: Well I never saw seen any of the 1996-2004 glory days, but my favorite moment I've seen is probably the whole 2013-14 season. We had a fantastic team and they were fun to watch
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: My dad introduced me to hockey as a 5 year old, and I've always loved hockey and my hometown team, the avs, ever since

15. Perratrooper

Perratrooper Registered User

Name: Conor
    Favorite Music: anything besides country
    Favorite TV show: Hockey Night in Canada?
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Night Angel Series
    Favorite Av: Dutchy
    Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic (not as a manager though)
    Favorite non-Av: Kovalchuk ;D
    Next or other favorite team: Packers
    How else is hockey in your life?: Play hockey and love to talk it
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: Became an Avs fan after watching the 2003 Stanley cup final when Paul Kariya came over. I then discovered Joe Sakic and fell in love with the Avs team.

New to the boards and can't wait to start talking puck

16. henlo

henlo Registered User

Crushing it.
    Have been reading the boards for awhile now. Wanted to start posting. Figured introductions were in order.

Name: Henry
    Favorite Music Artist: Tool (rock) Sage Francis (hip-hop)
    Favorite TV Show: Arrested Development
    Favorite Author: Vonnegut
    Favorite Av: Nate
    Favorite Ex-Av: Peter the Great. Loved to watch him play
    Favorite Non-Av: Datsyuk. Incredible hands. Also, the play were he lights up Weber may be my favorite highlight of all time.
    Next Favorite Team: Ilses. My Dad is a fan, and I love watching Tavares play.
    How else is hockey in your life?: I play beer league, and any pond or sticks in games I can. Hockey=Life.
    Favorite Av moment:: From when they became a team to the the lockout. We were so good, winning two cups, and being in the conversation every year. The team was incredible, and so fun to watch.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: I was born in Denver, and always had an affinity for CO sports teams (been a die-hard Broncos fan for all my life). When Quebec moved, I was a Habs fan, with Patty being my favorite player. When all of a sudden Colorado got a team, and my favorite player was traded to them, it felt like kismet, and I haven't looked back ever since.

17. Murzu

Murzu Registered User

Guess I'll introduce myself as I have been writing more lately.

Name: Markus
    Occupation: Currently studying in the University of Jyväskylä. Majoring marketing, minoring leadership and information systems. Part time telemarketer.
    Favoite Music Artist(s): This is hard.. I guess I'll go with Metallica, System of a down and In Flames
    Favorite TV show: I have a pretty clear top six. In no order: Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, House of Cards and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (yeah, anime rocks. I mean, go watch that show. Now. It's that good.)
    Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I don't remember last book I read. Like seriously. Does Donald Duck count?
    Favorite Av: Matt Duchene
    Favorite Ex-Av: IF I have to pick one it is Peter Forsberg
    Favorite non-Av: Wow, this is a hard question. I have a lot of players that I sympathize. I really dig Erik Karlsson and Joe Pavelski, even tho he is an Avs killer.
    Next or other favorite team: 2. Dallas Stars and 3. San Jose Sharks/Tampa Bay Lightning to name top three favourites. Far from Avs, no worries.
    Favorite Av moment: Well, I have been following team very actively since the start of the 13-14 season, so I guess I have to name that season completely.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: Picked Avs in NHL games when I was a kid. Who could resist a team full of superb players? Been an Avs fanever since, even tho in mid 2000's I did follow more Manchester United than Colorado Avalanche.

18. Foppberg

Foppberg Registered User

Well, I am new after all so...

Name: Kyle
    Favorite Music Artist: Eminem, Ray LaMontagne, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Simon & Garfunkel, 21 Pilots.
    Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, House, Lost.
    Favorite Av: ZZZZZZ & MacK
    Favorite Ex-Av: Foppa.
    Favorite Non-Av: Radulov, Jagr
    Next Favorite Team: Montreal, San Jose
    How else is hockey in your life?: Nadda. More of an Avs fan than a pure hockey fan
    Favorite Av moment: 2013-14 playoff series vs Minny.
    How and when did you become an Av fan?: Bit of a weird thing, was the year after the lockout (2005-06), didn't really have a team, followed the Habs for a while because of Cristobal Huet and Saku Koivu, then Calgary for awhile cause of Kiprusoff and Phaneuf, but I remember watching Calgary play against Colorado and I just loved their jersey, colour scheme and the way they played so offensively. Started Youtubing the 90s-early 2000 playoff runs, found the entire game 7 2001 final on Youtube. Also how I fell in love with Foppa.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  19. Jotexi

Jotexi Registered User

Think I should post here also since I've started to also write and not just read on the forum. :)

Name: Joni
    Favorite band/artist: Though one, but The Cure, Queen, Nirvana, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles comes to mind first.
    Favorite TV show: At the moment south park, Vikings, GOT, Big bang theory
    Favorite book/author: Anything from J.R.R Tolkien
    Favorite Avs: Duchene, Rantanen
    Favorite ex-Avs: Forsberg, Roy
    Favorite non-Avs: Ovechkin, Pavel Bure, Valeri Kharlamov, love those Russian players
    Other favorite team: Really cant say that I cheer on any other team, but I always hope that Finnish players could win the cup if Avs cant
    How else is hockey in your life: Nowdays not that much, but I used to play till I was 17yo and then I did coaching few more years
    Favorite Avs moment: I remember beeing a kid and we could not see NHL games live in Finland, but I saw a repley from Avs first cup win against the panthers and that really made me like the avs and also try to watch more NHL related things. I think that at that moment I became a fan.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  20. Murzu

Murzu Registered User

Welcome!

21. PepsiCenterMagic

PepsiCenterMagic Food is Great

I'm still basically the same person. Original one was like 3 years ago.

22. mapletreemarty

mapletreemarty Registered User

Greetings folks!

Name: Martin
    Favorite band/artist: AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, GNR, Big Wreck
    Favorite TV show: Walking Dead
    Favorite book/author: Anything by Ken Follet (Eye of the Needle, and the Century Trilogy among many others)
    Favorite Avs: Rantanen, MacKinnon
    Favorite ex-Avs: Sakic and Forsberg
    Favorite non-Avs: Bure, Mogilny, Selanne, Geoff Sanderson haha
    Other favorite team: whoever I picked in my playoff work pool
    How else is hockey in your life: I play hockey a couple times a week and am in the process of getting my kids skating and playing ball hockey in the driveway.
    Favorite Avs moment: Watching Game 7 of the 2001 SC Final at tree planting camp off a stolen satellite feed from the fishing/hunting resort we were camping out at. Sakic passing the cup to Bourque.

23. AnimalMother73

AnimalMother73 Registered User

Better late than never....

Name: Dave (prior username:dsheehan73)
    Favorite band/artist: Alt-J, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, The Black Keys
    Favorite TV show: Black Mirror
    Favorite book/author: Don't have one, prefer NF history and politics
    Favorite Avs: Zadorov
    Favorite ex-Avs: Foote, Deadmarsh, Ricci
    Favorite non-Avs: Jones, Hossa, Bjorkstrand...pretty much any ex-Portland Winterhawk (where I grew up)
    Other favorite team: usually local, right now its the Wisconsin Badgers (NCAA) & Madison Capitals (USHL)
    How else is hockey in your life: Learned to play when I was 25 been playing recreationally ever since
    Favorite Avs moment: Watching Game 4 '96 in a bar in Bowling Green Kentucky. TV had no sound, friends and I were the very last customers in the place. Staff was closing up and eagerly waiting for it to be over when Krupp finally won it. We went absolutely crazy for about a minute before they kicked us out.

24. StanGetz

StanGetz o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚

Did this guy ever come back?

Absolute legend.

25. Jayevs

Jayevs Formerly avsman

Name: Jordan
    Favorite Music Artist: Lovin the Lumineers lately
    Favorite TV show: Suits
    Favorite Book: 4DX
    Favorite Avs: Duchene (soon to be Jost)
    Favorite Ex-Avs: Sakic, Foppa, Roy
    Favorite non-Av: Ovechkin, Giroux (soon to be Duchene)
    Next favorite team: Ducks(old lady's fav), Caps
    Favorite Av moment: Duchene's shootout goal against Luongo, securing the playoffs in 09-10, thought this was going to be the new age Avs consistently making the playoffs, I know it didn't play out as I thought but I remember being ecstatic.
    How and when did you become an Avs fan: 1996-7 McDonalds had the goalie masks in the happy meals, I got a Patrick Roy one in mine and the rest is history.
    How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: I'm Canadian so I was born out of a frozen pond with a stick in my hands and skates on my feet
    How else is hockey in your life: There's a highlight video of Cale Makar blowing up a guy in Camrose, I work with his gf, and one of the "silent partners" of the company I work for is the father of one of the Avs.
    Position: Prefer left defender
    Shoots: Right