Colorado Avalanche Board Fan Biographies

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Hey guys... I have been floating around here since may and Rendulic signing so i thought I could introduce myself...
Name: Nikola (Nick would be english version)
Horoscope sign: aquarius
Occupation: electronics tech, currently working in printing industry (think i saw av-merican said "printshop guru", if you work on xerox dp180 would like to challenge you for that nickname :)

When talking about favourite stuff here goes...
Music: everything from the 80s...at the moment queen, bon jovi, rolling stones
Movie: Top gun, all Bruce Lee movies
Tv show: 2 & 1/2 man with Charlie, all kind of ncis, csi, cop shows etc
Book: hope comics count, if not then Ian Fleming's James Bond novels...read a few John Grisham and Tom Clancy works

How I became Avs fan: it was in January 1996 when i got my first pc and a nhl96 game with it. Been awake for entire nights smashing other teams with sakic&co. my parents were going insane...anyway since nhl coverage in croatia is very poor (the only highlight we get on tv is when they show team captain lifting the cup) i kinda stopped following avs and nhl but came back to them in 2002 when turned 18 and started visiting betting house...when i realised i suck at predicting scores again i stopped following nhl and avs...hopefully i stick for a longer time on this occasion. I guess this answers my fav ex avalanche player is Joe Sakic and fav moments seeing avs lift their cups.
Favourite current Av: Varlamov
Other favourite teams: aside Medvescak Zagreb none in particular
Other favourite players: Wayne Gretzky and the ones with croatian roots like M-E Vlasic, T. Hamonic
Don't play hockey but if i'm not on local teams match i try to watch with friends in a bar. From me you can expect few questions, bit of sarcasm :) aaand that's about it...

Lawine

Nov 12, 2014
Bad Nauheim
The next Avs Fan around here

Name: Fabian

Favorite Music Artist(s):

Various artists, though I am fond of hard hip-hop or rap beats and melodious pop-rock with a lot of instrumental parts included, allowing the tune to stand for itself, so namely Jay-Z, Kanye West, Coldplay, Kasabian, Santana.

Favorite TV show:

Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, That 70s Show, Friends.

Favorite Book(s) or Author(s):

Too many to name. Right now, I like reading Murakami, Nabokov and Hitchens.

Favorite Av:

Semyon Varlamov

Favorite Ex-Av:

Patrick Roy

Favorite non-Av:

Nothing too original here as I still have to watch more, but I like to watch exceptional defensive play. At goaltender, Quick comes to mind. At defenseman, I enjoy Subban. Oh, and the Wings' Gustav Nyquist is a treat, too. I suppose my relative hockey inexperience makes me prone to get caught up in style and not unheralded yet more deserving substance.

Next or other favorite team:

Depends on particular players, coaches, style of play. Right now, the Flyers, Rangers and Kings (I know, the former two should not be mentioned together in one sentence).

How else is hockey in your life?:

Locally, the Rote Teufel Bad Nauheim (Bad Nauheim Red Devils) are playing in the DEL2.

Favorite Av moment:

Last year's playoff run.

LEAST favorite Av moment:

The current lowly play.

How and when did you become an Avs fan?

I have been a die hard Denver Broncos Fan since the early 2000s. Along with travels to Denver and the Rocky Mountain region, I guess I naturally had to drift towards supporting the Avs once I really caught the hockey fever after this year's Winter Games in Sochi.

Stig

Apr 15, 2014
Minnesota
Name: John
Favorite Music Artist: Classic rock and metal, Stones, ACDC, Beatles, The Who and many more.
Favorite TV show: Top Gear BBC, Walking Dead, Sopranos, True Blood until it sucked, Band of Brothers. HNIC
Favorite Book: Anything by Terry Brooks
Favorite Avs: Foppa,
Favorite Ex-Avs: Deadmarche
Favorite non-Av: Paul Bissonnette
Next favorite team: Anyone playing the Dead Wings and Wild.
Favorite Av moment: Oh Gosh, First Cup win, it was the first major championship in Denver, it was followed by the Broncos back to back. And of course Gary Thorne "..and after 22 years, RAYMOND BORQUE!"
How and when did you become an Avs fan: I was a huge North Stars fan, loved that jersey but when Norm Greed moved them to Dallas I lost interest in them and just enjoyed hockey overall. Then Colorado got a team again, I didn't really remember the rockies. Well I grew up in Golden though I was in Minnesota and adopted the Avs right out of the gate. I caught the games when ever I could. The only Minnesota team I like is the Twins.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I've been reading here for a while so I might as well introduce myself.

]Name: Janik
Favourite music: Can be almost anything; Alt. Rock, Indie, Pop, Rock, Hiphop, whatever
Favorite TV show and movie: How I met your mother, Scrubs, New Girl (never wanted to watch it, simply because of the name. Got forced to when my girlfriend started watching it and it's hilarious); Inception
Favorite Book: I've read a lot but haven't found a fav yet...
Favorite Avs: Matt Duchene, Gabe Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Avs: Joe Sakic, Rob Blake
Favorite non-Av: Christian Ehrhoff, Brett Bulmer
Next favorite team: Vancouver Canucks
Favorite Av moment: When I scored my first goal in my house at the age of four, wearing my Avs toque. Not my mom's favourite moment...
How and when did you become an Avs fan: I don't know how it got into my possession (might've been my godfather who gave it to me but only god knows why he, as a Sabres and Red Wings fan, bought it for me), but I got the above mentioned toque, and with that toque the Avs became the first NHL team I knew.
How else is hockey in your life?: It's always been my favourite sport but my parents wouldn't let me play because of the expensive equipment, as well as the fact that games would be at like 6am at the age when I started doing sports. So I played soccer instead. However, I've always enjoyed watching hockey more, I've gone skating as much as I could, and finally, finally started playing at age 17 last year in Canada. Best year of my life, and hockey sure was an important part in it. Beer league hockey is next up... Oh and I play right wing or centre (don't know why, but my coach let me play centre quite a bit and even made me the alternate captain midway through the season. Must've trusted me more than I trusted myself).

Reactions: arun

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I just realized I had never done this (could have sworn I had). SO, without giving away the secret sauce, here it goes:

Name: Hint - Adam Sandler puts it in his Yoohoo :sarcasm:
Favoite Music Artist(s): Anything but Country
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones (books are better, though).
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Mark Twain was a genius
Favorite Av: Duchene
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Nash
Next or other favorite team: Rangers
How else is hockey in your life?: Played until my early 20's, no longer lacing them up competitively but still do my best to wheel around in beer league.
Favorite Av moment: Opening night at the Pepsi Center
How and when did you become an Av fan?: as a youth in 1995, lived in Denver and caught the fever. Loved them Avs ever since.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
long time reader, first post here. felt it was time to register. and now I have some free time to spend here too. :)

Name: Yamato
Favorite Music Artist(s): idol groups, K-pop, skacore, pop punk
Favorite TV show: House
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Dostoievski
Favorite Av: Bordeleau
Favorite Ex-Av: if he counts, Kasparaitis. if not, then Blake.
Favorite non-Av: depending on above, Kasparaitis or Odjick.
Next or other favorite team: nowadays probably Jets because of Byfuglien.
How else is hockey in your life?: video games count? rofl
Favorite Av moment: when Kasparaitis played for the team. then Marchment. and Boughner.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: playing games when I was around 12 yo I guess. Avs were a powerhouse and had so many likeable guys like Forsberg, Lemieux, Deadmarsh, Belak, Odgers, Parker...

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
long time reader, first post here. felt it was time to register. and now I have some free time to spend here too. :)

Name: Yamato
Favorite Music Artist(s): idol groups, K-pop, skacore, pop punk
Favorite TV show: House
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Dostoievski
Favorite Av: Bordeleau
Favorite Ex-Av: if he counts, Kasparaitis. if not, then Blake.
Favorite non-Av: depending on above, Kasparaitis or Odjick.
Next or other favorite team: nowadays probably Jets because of Byfuglien.
How else is hockey in your life?: video games count? rofl
Favorite Av moment: when Kasparaitis played for the team. then Marchment. and Boughner.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: playing games when I was around 12 yo I guess. Avs were a powerhouse and had so many likeable guys like Forsberg, Lemieux, Deadmarsh, Belak, Odgers, Parker...

Welcome! Glad you signed up.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Hello! Before I start posting regularly…

Name: Connor

Favorite Music Artist(s): Alternative/Indie (listen to a lot of new music, sirius Alt Nation in the car, mostly. Like some punk/pop punk from the late 90’s/00’s)

Favorite TV show: HIMYM (seen it all the way through probably 8 times while I’m usually playing pro on NHL (xbox here) )

Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Stephen King

Favorite Av: Probably MacKinnon. I have high hopes.

Favorite Ex-Av: Hard to say for sure, probably Sakic. He was my first jersey back in 02. Currently I have white Sakic, red Hejduk, white MacKinnon, old third Laperriere, red Landeskog, blueberry Varly! :D

Favorite non-Av: Tough… I’d say Stamkos, tbh. Or Drouin, make it happen, Avs.

Next or other favorite team: Always kind of fond of Calgary for some reason. Used to follow Anaheim and JSG, but not since he won the Smythe and then the cup later.

How/who else is hockey in your life?: I played in school, not too spectacular. Still skate pretty regularly. I work at the UW campus, skate the concourse a lot. My mom is a big fan because of me, actually. She lives in Wyoming, as well, but we’ve made a point to go to every home opener for the last 9-10 years. Save for the last lockout, we went to the last home/jersey giveaway game.

Favorite Av moment: Bourque receiving the cup, for sure.

How and when did you become an Av fan?: Just been a fan since I was a little kid. Was barley 10, but old enough for the second cup in 2001. Living in Wyoming can be limited, you get forced into the Colorado market. My parents love the Rockies, I can only kind of stand baseball, and hockey stood out as so dynamic/fun to watch, I got hooked early. Having a superstar team winning multiple cups certainly helps. My first game was vs Vancouver when I was probably 11-12, and I probably go to anywhere from half a dozen to a dozen games at the Can per year!

I haven’t touched my profile, and I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to post. More to follow!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Well I've been posting in the Avalounge all season so I might as well fill this out.

Name: Tricia
Occupation: Hockey referee, culinary student, astrophysics student
Favorite Music Artist: Taylor Swift
Favorite TV show: None
Favorite Book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Favorite Avs: Gabriel Landeskog <3
Favorite Ex-Avs: Peter Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Lars Eller
Next favorite team: Arizona Coyotes
Favorite Av moment: Avs-Wings rivalry in general in the early 2000's
How and when did you become an Avs fan: This question isn't actually relevant to me, sorry :(
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Started watching in 2001-02 out of boredom, got hooked
Position: Defense, Goaltender
Shoots: Left
Catches: Right

Reactions: Murzu

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Okay so I didn't know this was a thing. Ive been posting for a few months now so heres a little bit about who I am:

Name: Andrew
Favorite Music Artist(s): Trent Reznor, Maynard James Keenan, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Carlos Santana, Jimmy Hendrix, Tupac, Nas
Favorite TV Show: Blue Mountain State and Breaking Bad
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Raymond E. Feist, Charles Dodgson(lewis carroll), anything philosophical
Favorite Av: Duchene, Landeskog, and Varlamov equally Edit: MacKinnon
Favorite ex-Av
Roy
Favorite non-Av: Tyler Seguin or Drew Doughty
Next or other favorite team(s): Tampa Bay Lightning
How else is hockey in your life?: Beer leagues and video games
Favorite Av moment: every time we beat the red wings
How and when did i become an Av fan?: When I first started watching hockey as a child the Avs were a brand new team and my allegiance was to everything colorado (broncos, rockies, not the nuggets though) so thats who i rooted for. It made it pretty easy to love them too with all the solid talent they had. Ive really followed them much more obsessively the last 5 seasons though, watching every possible game I'm able to watch.

Last edited:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I'm 3 & 1/2 Bacardi & Coke Zeros deep, so what the heck! Long time lurker, infrequent poster.

Name: Matt

Occupation: Student/ Lawncare Professional (fancy for I cut yards good).

Favorite Music Artist(s): I enjoy a wide variety, save hardcore rap and screaming death metal.

Favorite TV show: Sherlock, Doctor Who, Republic of Doyle, Brooklyn 9-9, Archer

Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Harry Potter, LotR, Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, Michael Connelly

Favorite Av: Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, EJ.

Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg, Roy, Sakic, Foote.

Favorite non-Av: Ryan Kessler *ducks (no pun intended)*- been a fan ever since the 2010 Winter Olympics, bc 'Merica! Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan McDonaugh, Chris Kreider, Steven Stamkos, Tyler Johnson, Victor Hedman

Next or other favorite team: Rangers, Tampa, whoever's playing Detroit.

How/who else is hockey in your life?: EA video game series, occasional pond hockey pickup games in the winter with buddies. My uncle, which is how I initially developed an interest in the sport when he played club hockey for the University of Dayton (cool story bro!) refs high school hockey in the Cleveland area, and is a die hard Blueshirts fan.

Favorite Av moment: The 2001 SC Playoffs, especially Roy's shutout and Foote's goal in game 6 of the 2001 Finals, game 4 of the '96 Finals vs Florida, seeing Forsberg in person for the 1st time ever against Columbus in his second last game.

Least Favorite Avs Moment: Pick a game 7 vs Dallas, Detroit, & Minnesota. Learning Forsberg was done after game 7 of WCSF against LA. Drury trade. Post 2005 lockout cap casualties.

How and when did you become an Av fan? Living in Northwest Ohio I've always been surrounded by Detroit and Pittsburgh fans. I never minded Penguin supporters back then, but many Dead Thing fans were equally obnoxious Michigan fans. I loathe the Wolverines, thus despising Detroit went hand in hand. Colorado was the cool team among my peers who had no prior hockey allegiances when we were in 7th grade (man I'm getting old!), so my initial interest in the Avs can be dually attributed to my distaste for the Red Wings, as well as somewhat following the crowd.

Back in 1996 basketball was my favorite sport, as I was a huge Jordan fan, thus I didn't pay rapt attention to Colorado's 1st cup run until game 6 of the WCF after Lemeux's hit on Draper in game 5. It wasn't until 1999 after MJ's 2nd retirement (and last right?! :sarcasm:) that I began following the Stanley Cup playoffs religiously. I've been hooked on Avalanche hockey, and the SC playoffs ever since. The 1999-pre Drury trade Avs will always hold a special place in my heart. /Novel'd

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Very curious if you have any Newfoundland connections since you stated that you watch Republic of Doyle? The main character Allan Hawco is from the same small town as me and I know him and all his family. I play hockey with a bunch of other cast members on the show too but I know him most. It isn't the greatest written television show so usually the only people who watch it are people from Newfoundland or with connections haha.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Very curious if you have any Newfoundland connections since you stated that you watch Republic of Doyle? The main character Allan Hawco is from the same small town as me and I know him and all his family. I play hockey with a bunch of other cast members on the show too but I know him most. It isn't the greatest written television show so usually the only people who watch it are people from Newfoundland or with connections haha.

No, I've never been to St John's, Newfoundland, nor ever met anyone from there. I was scrolling IMDb a few years ago, looking up the series Due South, thought I recognized Paul Gross from something else, and stumbled upon Republic of Doyle while perusing his acting credits. I was intrigued by the name of the show, as it sounded Irish & I'm part Irish, clicked on it, read the synopsis, checked out the 1st episode on Amazon, & got hooked.

It was a fun show, I'm disappointed it ended already. It exposed me to St John's, which I hope to visit someday, as it looks like a beautiful city, rich in history. Of course I want to make a stop at the Duke of Duckworth!

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
[Gender: male
Favoite Music Artist(s): Coldplay, U2,Keane,Radiohead
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
Favorite Av: Joe Sakic
Favorite ex-Av: Claude Lemieux
Favorite non-Av: Jarome Iginla
Next or other favorite team: Calgary Flames
How else is hockey in your life?: I don't play hockey. (I wish I did)
Position: If I played I'd be a center
Favorite Av moment: Game 7 of the 2001 stanley cup finals
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When the Quebec Nordiques moved to Colorado my grandpa for some reason (strange considiring he lives in Sasketchewan) started to root for them and I sort of took up after him. So I've been an Avs fan since 1996.

Holy crap I've been on these boards for a long time. I'm 25 now, in Canada, married, preparing for the bar exam. My Grandpa passed away a couple years ago. Funny that my favorite non-Av is now an Av.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No, I've never been to St John's, Newfoundland, nor ever met anyone from there. I was scrolling IMDb a few years ago, looking up the series Due South, thought I recognized Paul Gross from something else, and stumbled upon Republic of Doyle while perusing his acting credits. I was intrigued by the name of the show, as it sounded Irish & I'm part Irish, clicked on it, read the synopsis, checked out the 1st episode on Amazon, & got hooked.

It was a fun show, I'm disappointed it ended already. It exposed me to St John's, which I hope to visit someday, as it looks like a beautiful city, rich in history. Of course I want to make a stop at the Duke of Duckworth!

That's awesome dude, hope you make the trip sometime.

P.S. Fun fact... The Duke of Duckworth in the show is actually a fake set made in the studio. It is modelled after the real Duke of Duckworth though which is known for their famous fish n chips. If you ever make the trip be sure to message me and i'll tell you some awesome places to go.

derbyavs

May 18, 2015
Finally decided to sign up to hfboards so thought I ought to introduce myself...

Name: Ben
Favoite Music Artist(s): Avicii
Favorite TV show: Walking Dead and Breaking Bad
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): David Gemmell. Not sure if he's known outside the UK but imo the best Fantasy author there is.
Favorite Av: ROR (please don't leave!)
Favorite Ex-Av: Does Roy count?
Favorite non-Av: Getzlaf
Next or other favorite team: Bolts
How else is hockey in your life?: Follow my local team in the UK (Nottingham panthers) UK ice hockey is pretty appalling though.
Favorite Av moment: I'm new to the Av's so none stand out so far.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: By chance I guess. I got into hockey by watching my local team then bought the nhl game. I'm a big south park fan and I cycle a lot and I'd just purchased a bike called a Colorado so it seemed like supporting the Avs was fate. Now i'm addicted to hockey and get really upset when the avs do bad!

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I used to be BangBangDance, but I figured I should change my name because Stastny and Duchene can't do the bang bang dance anymore... Also, I never properly introduced myself under the alias of BangBangDance, so I figured now's a good a time as any to let you all know who I am.

Name: Matt
Favoite Music Artist(s): Led Zeppelin, The Shins, Childish Gambino... I like a lot of stuff.
Favorite TV show: Ever? Twin Peaks. Right now? Ehh... Silicon Valley.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll is my favorite book ever. I love the Lord of the Rings series, too. Plus I've read a good amount of Michael Chabon and Chuck Klosterman, and I'm somewhat into graphic novels, as well.
Favorite Av: EJ
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic, AINEC
Favorite non-Av: Giroux!
Next or other favorite team: Flyers!
How else is hockey in your life?: I play in both a drop-in league and in a pretty low-level beer league. Plus I play NHL a lot with my friends.
Favorite Av moment: "Sakic fakes it, takes it, scores!" Also, I was at Game 5 a year ago when MacKinnon scored in OT. That was an absolutely unbelievable moment.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I'm more or less from Colorado, so I have to support the local team. I became a fan during the dark days (2009, to be exact) after playing NHL with my buddies all the time. Plus Sakic is my favorite athlete of all time, so it wasn't a difficult choice to love the Avs. I even went to Joe Sakic Way when I visited Vancouver a few years ago! That was cool. I was wearing my Sakic jersey at the time and snapped some cool pictures.

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
Hey all!! I've been lurking a while, thought I'd finally chime in. So much great content in here!

Name: Tim
Favorite Music Artist(s): Leftover Salmon!!!, also....Greenday, Collective Soul, Barenaked Ladies, Jimmy Buffet, Harry Chapin, Charlie Pride
Favorite TV show(s): NewsRadio!!!, also....X-Files, Stargate SG1, Fringe, White Collar
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Terry Pratchett
Favorite Av(s): Ryan O'Reilly, Gabe Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Av(s): Valerie Kamensky, Danny Hinote, Peter Forsberg
Favorite non-Av(s): John Tavares, Patrick Kane, Seth Jones
Next or other favorite team: Chicago Blackhawks, NY Islanders
How/who else is hockey in your life?: Played some intramural hockey in college (CSU)
Favorite Av moment: Ray Borque finally raising the cup!!! (I was at downtown Denver at the Diamond Cabaret for a buddy's 21st B-Day when the buzzer sounded. It was awesome!)
How and when did you become an Av fan? I grew up in Colorado, but lived in Chicago from 1994-96; I saw the Blackhawks play a couple times and hockey just became my favorite sport. Moved back to Colorado, and coincidentally we got a team, so naturally I became a diehard Avs fan. :yo:

airqualf

Jan 5, 2014
Oberhausen
Name: Ralf
Favorite Music Artist(s): Dropkick Murphys
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): none
Favorite Av: Varly, Johnson, Landeskog and Duchene
Favorite ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Drew Doughty
Next or other favorite team(s): New York Islanders
How else is hockey in your life?: video games
Favorite Av moment: 2001 when Sakic gave Bourque the Cup
How and when did i become an Av fan?: played street hockey and played nhl on playstation as a kid. then i became an avs fan in 97/98 i think. since then i would think i'm one of the biggest avs fans in Germany :nod:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
So...I've been here for like 5 years and haven't done this yet :laugh:

Name: Derek

Favorite Music Artist(s): Mostly metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Korn, Exodus, Testament, The Agonist etc...)

Favorite TV show: Married...With Children, best sitcom ever

Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Johnny Got His Gun

Favorite Av: Duchene

Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg

Favorite non-Av: Jaromir Jagr followed by Shea Weber

Next or other favorite team: Probably Philly and Nashville

How/who else is hockey in your life?: I play a bit pf street hockey for fun and NHL 15 reluctantly...

Favorite Av moment: Sakic handing the Cup to Bourque

How and when did you become an Av fan?: I was playing NHL Faceoff 97 with my cousin and I asked him who was good when I was picking my team, he selected the Avs and the rest is history.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Whoops, just realized I never did one of these.

Name: Alex
Occupation: Currently consulting as an Inventory Control Manager for a Jersey Manufacturer
Favorite Music Artist(s): Ozzy, Jimmy Buffett, Red Sovine, Beach Boys, Eagles, Ministry, Tchaikovsky, Bob Marley, Harry Belfonte, Beastie Boys....
Favorite TV Show: Today....Castle, NCIS, MASH...may be different tomorrow
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Robert Heinlein, Issac Asimov, David Weber, Douglas Adams.
Favorite Av: MacKinnon.
Favorite ex-Av Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Retired: Federov for now, may change to Sami Pahlsson soon :). Active: Oduya.
Next or other favorite team(s): Tampa Bay Lightning, Winnipeg Jets.
How else is hockey in your life?: Beer league player, admin and scorekeeper, Tournament official, and work in a jersey sweatshop.
Favorite Av moment: Game 7 '01, from Tanguay's goal to Bourque lifting the cup.
How and when did i become an Av fan?: Ultimately, my wife. I grew up as a peripheral fan. Navy brat living mostly in the south, so little exposure except when visiting relatives in CT. So some Whaler roots, some Bruins, and a loathing for anything NY. But it was 3rd in my list of favorites (grew up a soccer player, so NASL was my #1 while it lasted...Tampa Bay Rowdies!, and of course NFL). Played a bit of NHL '9? on Sega while enlisted, and stupidly missed my chances to see Gretzky play in LA while there. After getting out, in college in WY, I happened to turn on the game just as Uwe Krupp scored and thought to myself "Colorado has an NHL team, neat." Still nothing for a couple years, until I met my wife. She got me interested in hockey again, just in time to lose to the Stars. Since then, I have started playing, getting my foot in the door for rink/league management and the apparel industry. And in true to self overboard fashion, I obsess way too much about the Avs....numbers, prospects, etc.

jrmysell

Feb 7, 2015
St. Kitts
Name: Jeremy
Occupation: Veterinary Student (Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine RUSVM)
Favorite Music Artist: Pillar, Kutless, NEEDTOBREATHE
Favorite TV show: Sports (don't have TV here)
Favorite Book: Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (series)
Favorite Avs: Duchene, Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Avs: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Joe Thornton
Next favorite team: San Jose Sharks
Favorite Av moment: Avalanche Stanley Cup win in 2001
How and when did you become an Avs fan: 90's
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: NHL '98 on N64/my family played
Position: Never played (played football, basketball, baseball and track)
Shoots: Right

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Guess I'll do this since I've been posting a lot recently.

Name: Armin
Sex: M
Favorite Music Artist: The Front Bottoms
Favorite TV show: Hmm...Orphan Black, TWD, Mr. Robot...I watch too much TV!
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Favorite Avs: Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Avs: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Tough one...Tarasenko is up there though.
Next favorite team: Leafs, Caps
Favorite Av moment: I was at the playoff game against the Sharks in 2010 where Andy had the 51 saves shutout and O'Reilly scored that fluke goal in OT to win it. Crowd chanting Andy so loud, it was hands down my favorite Avs moment because I was there and it was the most pumped fan environment I've ever been in.
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Nominally when the team moved here, then I really got back into hockey around 2004.
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan:Same as above.
Position: RW
Shoots: Right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad