Name: Tiffany
Favorite Music Artist(s): New Found Glory
Favorite TV show: Grey's Anatomy
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Don't really read
Favorite Av: Duchene, Landeskog, McCleod
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg, Nieminen, Roy
Favorite non-Av: Saku Koivu, Patrice Bergeron
Next or other favorite team: Oilers and Bruins
How else is hockey in your life?: I play on a team and play drop in every week!
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Game 7 Final!
Least favorite Av moment: Wild ending Roy's career in playoffs
How and when did you become an Av fan?: 1995, playing hockey for the first time, and I had to choose a favorite team, and I just chose Avs since it was the closest team to UT. little did I know they'd win in 96!
Shoots: Left
Position: RW

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
ha maybe I should have posted in here a while ago. Or maybe I already have...

Name: Mike
Sex: yes please
Favorite Music Artist: uhhhh... Veil of Maya
Favorite TV show: Archer, The League, any auction or pawn shop show.
Favorite Book: The Dictionary, I like to read it for a mental sweat.
Favorite Avs: Duchene
Favorite Ex-Avs: Sakic, Kamensky
Favorite non-Av: OEL
Next favorite team: Capitals
Favorite Av moment: Game 6 vs NJD in 2001 cup finals
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Upon relocation to Denver
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: got into it in 1993, Step-dad is Canadian, and a die-hard Habs fan.
Position: Either Wing
Shoots: Right

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Name: Jake
Favorite Music Artist(s): Blink-182, Man Overboard
Favorite TV show: Psych
Favorite Av: Paul Stastny and Semyon Varlamov
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Pekka Rinne
Next or other favorite team: Nashville Predators
How else is hockey in your life?: I've played since I was 5 and work for the Rockford Icehogs
Favorite Av moment: "A RIGHT BY ROY. ANOTHER RIGHT BY ROY. ANOTHER RIGHT BY ROY!"
Least favorite Av moment: Joe Sacco
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I have always been a goalie playing hockey and I looked up to Roy.
Position: Goalie

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
Been a long time lurker on these boards mostly just laughing at the ridiculous trade proposal threads but also jumping into the Avs boards and reading many of the threads. Decided today that I'd stop lurking however and become a poster so this seems a natural place to start my posting...

Name: Steve
Favoite Music Artist(s): my favorite artists tend to be numerous and vary depending on mood ... and don't fit into any one genre though I tend to prefer rock
Favorite TV show: Hmm... I like a lot of TV. M*A*S*H was a biggie, Big Bang Theory currently
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Wheel of Time series
Favorite Av: O'Reilly but his contract hold out soured me a bit on him so Duchene is right up there as well
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg, Sakic, Foote (hard to pick just one)
Favorite non-Av: Kevin Shattenkirk currently ... still hating that trade
Next or other favorite team: I like the Blues (even pre-Shattenkirk) and Panthers (I started following them when they started gathering prospects to see how they'd develop) There are a few others that I tend to enjoy watching as well but those two top the list
How else is hockey in your life?: Given where I live I don't get to play. I did for a few years, driving two hours each direction (uphill, in the snow) on weeknights in order to get in games in a nearby city league (is 150 miles one way "nearby"???) but after a car wreck on icy winter roads coming home one night I haven't gotten back into the league ... yet.
Favorite Av moment: So many ... Bourque lifting the Cup has to top the list though (really the only way that moment could have been better would have been if Sakic ripped the C from his jersey to let Bourque go get it from Bettman...)
LEAST favorite Av moment: Losing to the Wings ... ever. Losing to the Stars in Conference Finals sucked too (and honestly I almost hated the Stars more than the Wings in those days). Other than that ... losing Foote and Forsberg after the lockout.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Mostly a football fan growing up I did watch hockey but didn't become hooked until I took a girlfriend to an Avs game and at that point I was hooked and a die hard hockey fan.
Position: Wing ... not being the best skater this was a natural fit for me. Like the idea of playing defense too but not a good enough skater for that. ;)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Meh since this was bumped, I'll do mine as well.

Name: Steve
Favorite Music Artist(s): Any older Rock, mostly Ozzy
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones
Favorite Av: Gabriel Landeskog & Semyon Varlamov
Favorite Ex-Av: Peter Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Evgeni Malkin
Next or other favorite teams: Tampa, CBJ (Because I'll never get over drafting MacK over Jones), Pittsburgh Penguins, my first live NHL game was in Mario Lemieux's return season. I was living on the East coast at the time. Always enjoyed watching them play prior to that as well.
Favorite Avs moment: Both Stanley Cup wins, and Forsberg nut-tapping Osgood
Favorite Non-Avs moment: Darius Kasparaitis hit on Eric Lindros
Least favorite Avs moment: Joe Sacco (Can't agree with this more)
How and when did you become an Av fan?: After moving to Washington State from California, my best friend was an Avs fan and we followed them the first year they won the cup. It stuck
Position: Defense (Played defense in Soccer, and every other sport pretty much, except Football as a wide receiver. Can't skate for **** though.)

Last edited:

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Name: Markku
Favorite Music Artist(s): So many I can't name a favorite. A wide range from Pink Floyd to Boys Noize. You get the idea.
Favorite TV show: right now I think it's How I Met Your Mother
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I don't read a lot of books.. I liked Fight Club
Favorite Av: Duchene
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic, Roy
Favorite non-Av: Datsyuk. I don't care if he plays for Red Wings, he's amazing.
Next or other favorite team: When Avs are out, I root for the underdogs.
How else is hockey in your life?: I watch NHL and Finnish Elite League. My fav team here is HIFK.
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Final Game 7. I was a nervous wreck before the game. Watching it live as 11 year old. I couldn't watch many games because they start so late in Finland. The final minute and countdown. One of the most memorable moments of my life.
LEAST favorite Av moment: Can't name a specific moment. The period when Avs turned from one of the succesful teams to what they are now. I stopped watching the Avs for over half a decade. It comes down to how much it's worth to stay up late and watch. I started watching them recently again, though.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Sometime around 1997 when I was about 7 years old and started watching NHL with my dad. Avs had a great team and they were fun to watch. I'm the kind of guy that sticks to one team.
Position: I would play like O'Reilly. Two way center.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Name: Jackie
Favorite Music Artist(s): 10 Years, Red, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, other alternative metal artists.
Favorite TV show: Friday Night Lights, Veronica Mars, Californication, Sons of Anarchy
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): John Grisham
Favorite Av: Duchene, Landy
Favorite non-Av: Ovi
How else is hockey in your life?: Love fantasy hockey
Favorite Av moment: Cup years of course but recent era: Duchene scoring shootout winner vs. Vancouver to clinch playoffs.
LEAST favorite Av moment: The last few years...ok specifically: Forsberg and Kariya scoring GWG with Nashville to knock Avs out of playoff spot.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Watched 96 Cup win with my Dad and otherwise I am loyal local supporter and big fan of Avs/Broncos/Rockies/Nuggets

Last edited:

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Name: Chris
Favorite Music Artist(s): Stick To Your Guns, but I like a lot of different stuff
Favorite TV show: Friends
Favorite Av: Duchene, Landy, and PROBABLY Mack
Favorite Ex-Av: Foppa. Seriously the most amazing athlete Ive had the privelige to see
Favorite non-Av: Patrick Kane
Next or other favorite team: I guess the Blackhawks or the Kings...its really Avs or bust.
How else is hockey in your life?: I used to play roller hockey as the equipment was too expensive to play on ice. Now I just play NHL 13 and post on here.
Favorite Avs moment: Stanley Cups and seeing Foppa score two hat tricks in person...one basically for my birthday
Favorite Non-Avs moment: Stuff happens outside the Avs?
Least favorite Avs moment: Getting destroyed in game 7 by the Wings, Todd Bertuzzi, letting Forsberg go, Buy tix to Forsbergs first game back 2 years ago...paying a ton of money for lower bowl seats only to see him retire that morning and then the Avs lose 9-1 or w/e it was...UGH
How and when did you become an Av fan?: They got me into hockey in 96
Position: Defense but thats just where they put me, I thought I should have been a winger.

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
I've been posting on this side from time to time for a few years now, but somehow never noticed this thread.

Name: Marek
Favorite Music Artist(s): Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): S. Berry, R. Ludlum, A. Solzhenitsyn
Favorite current Av: Lando, Varlamov
Favorite Ex-Av: Roy, Kamensky, Lemieux
Favorite non-Av: Datsyuk :baghead:
Next favorite team: none
Favorite Av moment: cup in 2001
Least favorite Av moment: Watching this team play under Sacco.
How and when did you become an Avs fan?: My father bought me an NHL jersey when I was 7 (happend to be an Avs jersey and I sticked with this team ever since.)

Gearhead82

Saginaw Gears 72-83
Apr 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Name: Tim
Favorite music 1980's rock
Favorite tv show: Many reality shows
Favorite current AV MacKinnon
Favorite Ex-Av Roy
Favorite Av moment My first time going to Pepsi Center
Least favorite Av moment: Joe Sacco era
How I became an Avs fan: Patrick Roy
Did you play: Was goalie for my middle school team

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Name: Mohamed
Favorite TV shows: Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Even Stevens
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Holy Quran
Favorite current Av: Duchene
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Sidney Crosby, Jaromir Jagr, Dustin Byfuglien
Next or other favorite team: None
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Stanley Cup Finals
Least favorite Av moment: 2002 Game 7 vs Detroit :cry:
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Became an Avs fan around the age of 5-6 because they were the first team I actually saw on tv vs the Oilers on HNIC, and I wasn't too high on the Oilers so the Avs became my team. Since then I've stuck with em
Did you play hockey? Yes, played AAA hockey up until I was 17, then parents decided they were gonna force me to go to university rather than Drumheller to play in the AJHL :shakehead
Position: Centre

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Name: Mohamed
Favorite TV shows: Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Even Stevens
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Holy Quran
Favorite current Av: Duchene
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Sidney Crosby, Jaromir Jagr, Dustin Byfuglien
Next or other favorite team: None
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Stanley Cup Finals
Least favorite Av moment: 2002 Game 7 vs Detroit :cry:
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Became an Avs fan around the age of 5-6 because they were the first team I actually saw on tv vs the Oilers on HNIC, and I wasn't too high on the Oilers so the Avs became my team. Since then I've stuck with em
Did you play hockey? Yes, played AAA hockey up until I was 17, then parents decided they were gonna force me to go to university rather than Drumheller to play in the AJHL :shakehead
Position: Centre

proper TV show choices! :yo:

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Name: Kenneth
Favorite Music Artists: Hot Snakes, Hot Water Music
Favorite TV shows: Currently, The Blacklist and Person of Interest
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Tuesdays with Morrie, Mitch Albom
Favorite current Av: Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Jacob Trouba, David Backes, Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Next or other favorite team: Washington
Favorite Av moment: 1996, 2001 Stanley Cup Finals
Least favorite Av moment: Forsberg's failed final comeback
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Started watching hockey in 1991 when the SJ first came into the league. The Sharks were my local team, but the Quebec Nordiques immediately became my favorite team thanks to their exciting young talent at the time (especially Sundin, Nolan, and Sakic), and I stuck with them through their move to Colorado all the way to the present.
Did you play hockey? Played roller hockey for fun with friends starting when I was 16, then played intramural roller and ice hockey through college and optometry school. Haven't had a chance to get into any of the beer leagues out here since finishing school though.
Position: Wing

Pete Mitchell

"Watch the canopy!!"
Mar 26, 2008
Frederick, CO
Name: Morgan
Location: Frederick, born and raised in Longmont. Native! :yo:
Favorite Music Artists: Tool, Puscifer, A7X
Favorite TV shows: Seinfeld, Jeopardy, NHL Tonight(only when KT is hosting:yo:)
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Ender's Series
Favorite current Av: only choosing one... EJ!
Favorite Ex-Av: again only choosing one... Forsberg!
Favorite non-Av: Stamkos
Next or other favorite team: TBL
Favorite Av moment: '96, '01, Forsberg's beast mode 3rd period against FL, Sakic Jersey retirement.
Least favorite Av moment: Attending the Valentines day massacre after Forsberg retired that morning, Tony Granato, Joe Sacco.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Started playing hockey in the spring of '95 just before the Avs moved out here.
Did you play hockey? Yes, Roller since I was 10, Ice since 13. To poor to play any traveling leagues though. Been playing beer league at the Promanade since 15 since I looked 18, currently in the B-4 division.
Position: Center

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Name: Joseph
Location: Boulder. True Boulderite since birth I find kale more appealing than a cheeseburger. Colorado Native
Favorite Music Artists: Iron and Wine, The Tallest Man on Earth, Vampire Weekend, Death Cab for Cutie
Favorite TV shows: Psych, Portlandia, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Arrested Development
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Lord of the Rings, The Fatal Shore, Steinbeck,
Favorite current Av: Landy and Varly
Favorite Ex-Av: Roy and Forsberg can not choose
Favorite non-Av: Tavres was Lidstrom before retirement
Next or other favorite team: Islanders, Rangers,
Favorite Av moment: Forsberg and Sakic retirement nights. Seeing the last playoff clinching win by the old boys (Hejduk, Sakic, Foote, and Forsberg) in 2008.
Least favorite Av Moment: Tale of the Killer Snowblower and Sakic, Moore Incident.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Grew up during the glory days and my clearest childhood memory is pretending to be Roy at three.
Did you play hockey? Yes, roller top goaltender in my region regularly played in adult leagues at 12 before a hand injury made me quit right before the jump to ice.
Position: Goalie

Last edited:

croAVSfan*

Regards to all AVS fans from the AVS fan in Croatia, country where Joe Sakic's roots are :)

All I can say that I am nicely suprised by Avalanche season so far !

Cheers, Filip :)

Alaska Hockey

Mar 31, 2014
Anchorage, AK
Name: Tim
Favorite Music Artists: Metallica, 80’s Metal, Seether, Nickleback
Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory, Wild West Alaska, Fast & Loud
Favorite Books/author: Survival stories/hunting books.
Favorite current AV’s star: Stastny, Duchene, MacKinnon, Johnson
Favorite ex-Av: All of ‘em!! Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Sundin, Foote, Nolan
Favorite non-AV: Dustin Brown, Ryan Kesler, Adam Henrique, Jaromir Jagr
Next or other Favorite teams: I cheer for all of the Canadian teams & all the original 6 teams that aren’t in the same division—except Detroit!
Favorite Av moment: Trading Eric Lindros; The Avalanche/Red Wings games & series’; ’96 & ’01 Cups.
Least favorite AV moment: Not making the playoffs, conference realignment.
How and when did you become an AV fan? We moved to Alaska and I began playing hockey in fall ’81. I don’t really know why, but I was a huge fan of Peter Stastny & the Quebec Nordiques growing up. After suffering through the awful slump of 5 consecutive losing years and setting the record for the worst season for a non-expansion team, there was no way I was going to abandon the Nordiques, just as they we’re coming into their own and making a run at the playoffs (’93, 95). Continued to follow them, even after they moved to Denver.
Did you play hockey? Yes
Position: Defense

So glad I found this board!! I'm a huge hockey fan. I love the AVs and locally I follow the UAA (Alaska-Anchorage) Seawolves.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I added a few... :)

Name:Tom
Favoite Music Artist(s): Peter Gabriel, Stone Temple Pilots, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Jellyfish, Metallica
Favorite TV show: Six Feet Under
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Rudyard Kipling and "The Jungle Book" will always hold a special place in my heart. Also enjoy Edgar Rice Burroughs, both his Martian adventures and the Tarzan books.
Favorite Av: Karlis Skrastins, Paul Kariya
Favorite Ex-Av: Ray Bourque
Favorite non-Av: Jaroslav Spacek
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins, Atlanta Thrashers, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Rangers. In that order.
How else is hockey in your life?: I grew up playing it, from the time I was 5 until I was 16. Had to give it up after undergoing major back surgery. Coached for a couple years afterward but I just can't stand hockey parents. Someday I'll take to the ice again in some capacity.
Favorite Av moment: There was no more shocking moment to me than when my favorite all-time player, Raymond Jean Bourque, was traded here. My father and all my friends knew how stunned and delighted I'd be and called me up to make sure I knew the news. During the whole trade talk fiasco I was convinced he'd be traded to the dreaded Flyers. Ray actually winning the Cup is a very, very close second...
LEAST favorite Av moment: The firing of Bob Hartley. Though I still feel it was a move Lacroix had to make, and made a great situation for Atlanta, Hartley was a great personality here in the Denver Metro Area, a great coach and a great guy. He deserved better, FAR better than this. I still miss his witty banter on the weekly coach's show on AM950 The Fan.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Grew up a Bruins fan, mainly b/c of Ray, but when the Avs came here, I of course rooted for them!
Position: Defense

Wow. Looking back on this over a decade later...I actually posted that!?!? :amazed: Man, things chanced in a hurry in that department. I feel bad even typing bad stuff about Karlis Skrastins but I don't even remember liking him so much so as to have posted this.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Name: Natan
Favorite Music Artists: Rev Theory, Breaking Benjamin, RED, The Offspring, NOFX, Anberlin, Shinedown, Hinder, Linkin Park, Rise Against
Favorite TV Show: Top Gear UK
Favorite Books/author: IDK
Favorite current AV’s star: Stastny, Duchene, MacKinnon, Johnson, Varlamov, Landy
Favorite ex-Av: Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Foote
Favorite non-AV: Chara
Next or other Favorite teams: Bruins
Favorite Av moment: Watched: 2 days ago, didn't watch: winning ze cups
Least favorite AV moment: the last couple years
Did you play hockey? Yes
Position: Center or either wing

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Wow. Looking back on this over a decade later...I actually posted that!?!? :amazed: Man, things chanced in a hurry in that department. I feel bad even typing bad stuff about Karlis Skrastins but I don't even remember liking him so much so as to have posted this.

So Tom, are you 37 now? I thought I was the oldest person on this board by a longshot, but if you are 37, I'm only a year older than you :D

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It's not how old you are that matters, it's how old you feel. Most of the days I feel like I'm at least 15 years older than I am :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad