Proposal: Colorado and New Jersey (Devils' fan's perspective)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A signed Hall to Colorado for Jost, a 2020 1st and Zadorov. As good as Hall is he's not getting the Avs to give up Makar or Byram.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
A signed Hall to Colorado for Jost, a 2020 1st and Zadorov. As good as Hall is he's not getting the Avs to give up Makar or Byram.
As a Devils fan I agree,
No way Makar or Byram is in a deal unless the devils add to Hall , or sign and trade plus an add. Even then very very doubtful.

Timmins I am guessing is almost as untouchable .

I’d be happy with Zadorov and ?? Newhook out of the question for a signed Hall or Hall plus a pick or Wood or McCleod / Bastian / ?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Nico has already been a 1 C for 2 years. There aren’t 30 centers better than him. I don’t care about 13 games where the entire team has been awful and he’s been banged up. Makar could very well be a star, probably will be. Or he could be Tyson Barrie. Let’s pump those brakes.

A guy with a career high of 52 points, who has started 56.7% of his shifts in the offensive zone and isn't even in the top 50 for PPG among Cs is one of the 30 best Cs in the NHL? :huh:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
i think this would be a fair deal

to colorado : hall and .... mueller or carrick , 4th round

to jersey : byram , zadorov , 2nd round pick ( turns into a first if hall resigns )

or

straight up makar for hall

what u guys think

Idk if Avs fans would even trade Byram for a signed Hall 1/1. Certainly not Malkar.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
IMO if the Devils signed Hall for 6-7 years for $10M/yr then retained like 35% in a trade that could fetch a Byram like prospect. That's a good rate for an elite winger.

Devils aren't competing any time soon so they don't need the capspace.
I'm not sure that type of proposal will ever be done. You get points for creativity though.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I'm not sure that type of proposal will ever be done. You get points for creativity though.

Problem with that is that its basically 20M of real cash an owner gets to spend on a player playing for another team.
Not really something most owners would consider...

Reactions: Mac Attack

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Zadorov + Jost + conditional first

I think that was the original, widely agreed upon return for Hall that Devils fans and Colorado fans both said "okay sure" to among multiple threads.

I'll stick to that model.

Reactions: Richard88

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Why would he do that? I mean sure if he loves it post-deadline with his new team and gets a great offer then yeah maybe. Especially given his injury history I could see him taking the offer early but overall even then I somewhat doubt it. He has so much to gain from waiting even if he does not intend to go anywhere else regardless.

But why would Hall commit pre-trade to an extension?
Just to help out the team that is trading him away? Why would he do that? Devils did not draft him and objectively he does not owe them anything. Does not make much sense.

Unless he has some sort of connection to his next team like Stone had, I can't see that happening.

Even with his injury history, I think gambling on July 1st next season is the way to go. Next years UFA class flat out sucks. Even if he picks up another injury, he will be able to cash in. Would be very surprised if he signs early. Thats also why I personally am not a huge fan of trading a lot for him from an Avs POV.
He has said the most important thing is the team and winning. Literally said he has and will make plenty of money. This guys been in one PO series his whole career, it's that important. He owes NJ nothing but I believe he will find a good fit and Shero works that deal. I think Shero respects him enough to not jerk him around.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
lol stop acting as if Hall was your slave. Hall can do whatever the hell he wants with his next contract. When do sign and trade happen in the NHL anyways.
Kind of a dumb comment. Of course he can do what he wants, but he wants to win. He'll get paid, he will skip out on a few bucks to be on a winner. If you don't think Stone was that than I can't help you.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
He has said the most important thing is the team and winning. Literally said he has and will make plenty of money. This guys been in one PO series his whole career, it's that important. He owes NJ nothing but I believe he will find a good fit and Shero works that deal. I think Shero respects him enough to not jerk him around.

I am not disputing any of that although Hall has a bit of a reputation in that regard stemming from Edmonton that winning might not be as important to him as he says in all reality. But he got older and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

But why wouldn't he pull a Matt Duchene and pick his destination July 1st out of all 31 instead of comitting to one of the few teams that might be willing and able to pull off a trade like that right now or at the deadline?

Duchene also could have gotten significantly more money elsewhere especially from the team that traded for him in Columbus. But he wanted to be in Nashville and took less money to make that happen via UFA.
Why wouldn't Hall do the same ? Look at the teams and offers he has on July 1st and pick the one that he likes best.
Wouldn't that be by far his smartest play? Why commit pre-trade to an extension with a team he never played for and shackle yourself to a team that you do not really want to play for (or that would be your 3rd or 4th choice in UFA at best) for the rest of your career?

Stone was different. He had some sort of in with the Vegas bras and clearly (as most players) loved Vegas and was not too keen on going through the motions on July 1st anyways. Ferris and Hall don't seem to share that sentiment going by recent comments.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
A guy with a career high of 52 points, who has started 56.7% of his shifts in the offensive zone and isn't even in the top 50 for PPG among Cs is one of the 30 best Cs in the NHL? :huh:
For a fan of a team that drafted and developed Nathan MacKinnon, this looks like there's a lack of memory space.

Reactions: Devils Army

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Hahahaha Makar has more goals and points than Hall, is 21, and plays defense. How on earth do you think that's a fair 1 for 1 trade.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The one where Nico was one of the best even strength centers in the league at age 18-20 while getting first line responsibilities. And the one where Makar has played 17 games on a stacked team with sheltered minutes.
Nico has already been a 1 C for 2 years. There aren’t 30 centers better than him. I don’t care about 13 games where the entire team has been awful and he’s been banged up. Makar could very well be a star, probably will be. Or he could be Tyson Barrie. Let’s pump those brakes.

what in the world is this? Nico is one of the best es centers in the league? Nico is a top 30 centre? Based on what? I mean I know his underlying stats are decent but you can’t be a top 30 centre without being able to produce.

-Career high 52 points.
- 75th among NHL centers in 5v5 points last year.
- on pace for 40 points this season

Hischier is a great young player who will only get better but he isn’t close to what you think he is right now.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
OP is not a NJ fan

at least he never posts in the NJ forum, so keep that in mind

Neither do I and I’ve been a fan since 87. I have a Devils tattoo on my arm that’s probably been around longer than a lot of the people who post in the Devils forum. I’m not sticking up for the op but posting in the HF Devils forum isn’t what makes someone a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad