Proposal: Colorado and New Jersey (Devils' fan's perspective)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Even with a resigned Hall, you can probably get a very good level prospect, but a Byram is 100% not happening.

Think Newhook, a bottom 6 roster player and a first is likely the right price

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
IMO if the Devils signed Hall for 6-7 years for $10M/yr then retained like 35% in a trade that could fetch a Byram like prospect. That's a good rate for an elite winger.

Devils aren't competing any time soon so they don't need the capspace.

Maybe but the devils aren’t going to do that. It’s cap space but it’s also $24.5m actual dollars to pay a guy to play elsewhere. There aren’t many ownership groups willing to just light money on fire like that.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
OH GOD WHY
worldburn-top.jpg

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Yeah thats a hell no. If you want Byram, the offer has to be around Hischier or Hughes. Not Hall.
Thats the only type of trade that might fetch you a piece like that. Very young stud with lots of team control left for very young stud with lots of team control left. Not a guy with less than a year left, that will soon have to be signed to an ugly contract who also has major injury issues that don't bode all that well for his aging process.

Lets not even talk Makar. At the moment I don't think there is anything the Devils could offer to land him.

If I am Sakic I am interested in Hall but only at a certain price. I love Zads but with the expansion draft looming and Girard being locked up longterm and Byram arriving sooner than later, the writing could be on the wall for him somewhat.

Zads + 1st is something that makes some sense. Maybe add one of our secondary prospects (not Byram, Newhook or Timmins).
And that only if you are confident of Hall signing to a decent contract. Otherwise the Avs should look elsewhere.
With Rantanen and Landeskog on the wings, signing Hall to a huge contract is already a bit iffy capwise down the road. Not worth selling the farm for that. And given how young the Avs are still, they should only use assets for longer term solutions. Not time to go all-in just now.
I understand. Just don't ask for Hughes + for Byram.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Makar for Hischer and Hall maybe.
Hischier = Makar is fine. Asking for Hall on top of it is b...s... .
Makar has a great start into his NHL career, but expecting consistent linear progression from here on out is not realistic. He is still very young and inconsistency and set backs will most likely also happen in his career.

Reactions: Smitty426

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Yeah thats a hell no. If you want Byram, the offer has to be around Hischier or Hughes. Not Hall.
Thats the only type of trade that might fetch you a piece like that. Very young stud with lots of team control left for very young stud with lots of team control left. Not a guy with less than a year left, that will soon have to be signed to an ugly contract who also has major injury issues that don't bode all that well for his aging process.

Lets not even talk Makar. At the moment I don't think there is anything the Devils could offer to land him.

If I am Sakic I am interested in Hall but only at a certain price. I love Zads but with the expansion draft looming and Girard being locked up longterm and Byram arriving sooner than later, the writing could be on the wall for him somewhat.

Zads + 1st is something that makes some sense. Maybe add one of our secondary prospects (not Byram, Newhook or Timmins).
And that only if you are confident of Hall signing to a decent contract. Otherwise the Avs should look elsewhere.
With Rantanen and Landeskog on the wings, signing Hall to a huge contract is already a bit iffy capwise down the road. Not worth selling the farm for that. And given how young the Avs are still, they should only use assets for longer term solutions. Not time to go all-in just now.
This guy knows what's up. No way the Devils can pull in a haul like Byram.

Reactions: missionAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
IMO if the Devils signed Hall for 6-7 years for $10M/yr then retained like 35% in a trade that could fetch a Byram like prospect. That's a good rate for an elite winger.

Devils aren't competing any time soon so they don't need the capspace.

That would never happen in a million years but I'd trade Byram for Hall signed for 6 years at 35% retained (with a cap hit in the ~6M range)

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
i think this would be a fair deal

to colorado : hall and .... mueller or carrick , 4th round

to jersey : byram , zadorov , 2nd round pick ( turns into a first if hall resigns )

or

straight up makar for hall

what u guys think
I'd literally drive Hall to the airport and pick his shit for the Byram deal. Unfortunately for the Devils, Sakic isn't an idiot.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The one where Nico was one of the best even strength centers in the league at age 18-20 while getting first line responsibilities. And the one where Makar has played 17 games on a stacked team with sheltered minutes.
Or you could say that one is on his way to become a superstar and the other is on his way to become a reliable 2C.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Or you could say that one is on his way to become a superstar and the other is on his way to become a reliable 2C.
Nico has already been a 1 C for 2 years. There aren’t 30 centers better than him. I don’t care about 13 games where the entire team has been awful and he’s been banged up. Makar could very well be a star, probably will be. Or he could be Tyson Barrie. Let’s pump those brakes.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't know how many times it has to be said. If Shero demands Byram he can f*** right off to the next bidder.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
No he won't be, he'll sign with the team he's traded to.

Why would he do that? I mean sure if he loves it post-deadline with his new team and gets a great offer then yeah maybe. Especially given his injury history I could see him taking the offer early but overall even then I somewhat doubt it. He has so much to gain from waiting even if he does not intend to go anywhere else regardless.

But why would Hall commit pre-trade to an extension?
Just to help out the team that is trading him away? Why would he do that? Devils did not draft him and objectively he does not owe them anything. Does not make much sense.

Unless he has some sort of connection to his next team like Stone had, I can't see that happening.

Even with his injury history, I think gambling on July 1st next season is the way to go. Next years UFA class flat out sucks. Even if he picks up another injury, he will be able to cash in. Would be very surprised if he signs early. Thats also why I personally am not a huge fan of trading a lot for him from an Avs POV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->