Proposal: Colorado and New Jersey (Devils' fan's perspective)

lelo07

Oct 27, 2013
i think this would be a fair deal

to colorado : hall and .... mueller or carrick , 4th round

to jersey : byram , zadorov , 2nd round pick ( turns into a first if hall resigns )

or

straight up makar for hall

what u guys think

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Zadarov + 1st for Hall resigning to a team Hall probably isn't going to resign with is a gross overpayment.
The idea of Byram being involved is downright funny.
Makar is an even worse trade for Colorado but Byram could turn out to be even more valuable than Makar. Too soon to tell.

Reactions: 780il

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Colorado doesn't really need any more firepower. Not sure why they'd want to do something like that.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah thats a hell no. If you want Byram, the offer has to be around Hischier or Hughes. Not Hall.
Thats the only type of trade that might fetch you a piece like that. Very young stud with lots of team control left for very young stud with lots of team control left. Not a guy with less than a year left, that will soon have to be signed to an ugly contract who also has major injury issues that don't bode all that well for his aging process.

Lets not even talk Makar. At the moment I don't think there is anything the Devils could offer to land him.

If I am Sakic I am interested in Hall but only at a certain price. I love Zads but with the expansion draft looming and Girard being locked up longterm and Byram arriving sooner than later, the writing could be on the wall for him somewhat.

Zads + 1st is something that makes some sense. Maybe add one of our secondary prospects (not Byram, Newhook or Timmins).
And that only if you are confident of Hall signing to a decent contract. Otherwise the Avs should look elsewhere.
With Rantanen and Landeskog on the wings, signing Hall to a huge contract is already a bit iffy capwise down the road. Not worth selling the farm for that. And given how young the Avs are still, they should only use assets for longer term solutions. Not time to go all-in just now.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The only thing that makes sense is a sign and trade where Devil retain 25% or more on 5-7 year Hall contract for Bryam. Devils aren’t winning any time soon their rebuild is another 2-3 years at least. They have prospects and young players but the farm team isn’t performing well so no immediate reinforcements.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Zadarov + 1st for Hall resigning to a team Hall probably isn't going to resign with is a gross overpayment.
The idea of Byram being involved is downright funny.
Makar is an even worse trade for Colorado but Byram could turn out to be even more valuable than Makar. Too soon to tell.

Why exactly wouldn't Hall re-sign with the Avs? We literally check every box of what he's looking for and are probably the only team that can check those boxes while also being able to afford him on an extension.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
So you get Byram even if Hall doesn't resign? :laugh:

Most expensive rental in history.
Hall would be agreeing to sign before all of this, so he's not a rental. No first regardless. Makars never getting moved, so he's not part of it. With those parameters it's an easier deal to be made

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Exactly, all great points!

I mean its still not happening. UFAs simply do not return prospects of the caliber that Byram is.

Even in a sign and trade scenario essentially last season with Mark Stone, he didn't return a prospect near the level of Byram.

He got Brannstrom and a 2nd. Brannstrom being a former mid 1st rounder who had done well to sustain his draft stock since being drafted but hadn't really built up on it a tonne. Now, Dorion and the Sens were extremely high on him so he probably had inflated value specifically to the Sens organization which helped facilitate that trade... But Byram is just a completely different tier of prospect.

If the Avs and Devils become trade partners on a Hall deal it will certainly involve some nice quality pieces for the Devils. I dont think guys like Newhook, Timmins, Jost, Kaut, or our 1st would be off the table at all.

But Byram would be.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
i think this would be a fair deal

to colorado : hall and .... mueller or carrick , 4th round

to jersey : byram , zadorov , 2nd round pick ( turns into a first if hall resigns )

or

straight up makar for hall

what u guys think
Makar for Hischer and Hall maybe.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Yeah thats a hell no. If you want Byram, the offer has to be around Hischier or Hughes. Not Hall.
Thats the only type of trade that might fetch you a piece like that. Very young stud with lots of team control left for very young stuf with lots of team control left. Not a guy with less than a year left, that will soon have to be signed to an ugly contract who also has major injury issues that don't bode all tha well for his aging process.

Lets not even talk Makar. At the moment I don't think there is anything the Devils could offer to land him.

If I am Sakic I am interested in Hall but only at a certain price. I love Zads but with the expansion draft looming and Girard being locked up longterm and Byram arriving sooner than later, the writing could be on the wall for him somewhat.

Zads + 1st is something that makes some sense. Maybe add one of our secondary prospects (not Byram, Newhook or Timmins).
And that only if you are confident of Hall signing to a decent contract. Otherwise the Avs should look elsewhere.
With Rantanen and Landeskog on the wings, signing Hall to a huge contract is already a bit iffy capwise down the road. Not worth selling the farm for that. And given how young the Avs are still, they should only use assets for longer term solutions. Not time to go all-in just now.
I do think Zads, Kuat and a 1st 2020 for hall would be a great for both teams. Maybe add a 4th for Simmonds at 50% retained to help out on the 2nd PP and PK.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why anyone asks Colorado about Makar is insane.

If the trade is now, probably a B prospect, 1st and Zadorov if Colorado is moving him and they don't need him ?

Just because his first and last name start with a B, doesn't make him a B prospect in a cheeky sense, either.

Reactions: MacBradley

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Thats the only type of trade that might fetch you a piece like that. Very young stud with lots of team control left for very young stuf with lots of team control left. Not a guy with less than a year left, that will soon have to be signed to an ugly contract who also has major injury issues that don't bode all tha well for his aging process.

I do think Zads, Kuat and a 1st 2020 for hall would be a great for both teams. Maybe add a 4th for Simmonds at 50% retained to help out on the 2nd PP and PK.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I mean its still not happening. UFAs simply do not return prospects of the caliber that Byram is.

Even in a sign and trade scenario essentially last season with Mark Stone, he didn't return a prospect near the level of Byram.

IMO if the Devils signed Hall for 6-7 years for $10M/yr then retained like 35% in a trade that could fetch a Byram like prospect. That's a good rate for an elite winger.

Devils aren't competing any time soon so they don't need the capspace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad