Proposal: Colorado - Anaheim

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Take out the third and replace it with a second or else stick with Ryan Johansen

Ducks have leverage now

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Yeah as long as a 1st is coming back I'm good with it. I really like him for the Avs... and really any competitor, he can be used wherever you need him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Now that Monahan and Lindholm are out of the way:

To Anaheim:
2024 1st Round
2025 3rd Round
Oskar Olausson

To Colorado:
Adam Henrique (50% - $2,912,500)
Seems good to me

Would also accept

2024 1st + 2026 2nd and you can keep 3rd and olausson

Reactions: Play

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’d be fine with trading for him and signing him to like 2 year deal.

I would also be good with that.

Its more likely theyll target term unless its a rental for less than a first or an RFA.

Im indifferent to Henrique. There are pros and cons here. I do prefer him over Monahan though.

I do think there is some bloat in his salary and part of the retention should be for that and gratis for the acquiring team.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I would keep Ryjo the cap works. Push him to 3rd line center. I’d also be ok to a 3 year deal max.
Yeah hate him or love him, he’s going to be the guy out there to win a key faceoff during playoff PK

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The value for just Henrique doesn't look too bad. Though as mentioned in another thread, the Ducks have a ton of prospects/young players and also a ton of picks already. Their best course is to deal with whatever team is willing to part with the single best asset to build a trade around.

I understand that Ritchie is too impressive of a prospect to deal for any rental alone, but could the short term benefit of a trade stack up enough to make it worth making him available? If he's on the table, I would have no trouble adding Vatrano at 50% (one year remaining) and taking back RyJo. Henrique and Vatrano's halved cap hits are barely more than Johansen for this year, and the Avs get significant savings next year.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If you want to wait til 2026.
Most people are about instant gratification and want the picks now, for the Ducks waiting a bit for a better pick might actually be beneficial. They have a ton of young guys coming into the system and staggering another 2nd rounder a couple years from now may not be a bad thing. It'll give time for prospects to work themselves out, see who fits, move on from some, then start infusing more picks when the next batch of guys are moved up or moved out.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Most people are about instant gratification and want the picks now, for the Ducks waiting a bit for a better pick might actually be beneficial.

They're almost at the point where the only reason to have more picks is to use them in trades for actual players, trading up, or even swapping for future picks. There's a point at which you just can't sign all those prospects and give them sufficient roles to develop them.

And the other advantage of taking future picks is that if their rebuild goes well and they're in the playoffs in 2-3 years they could have extra trade ammo for their own rentals. If I were them I would not hesitate to take a future 1st and extras, vs just a 1st now.

Reactions: lwvs84

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Low end 2C's / 3C's like Henrique just skyrocketed in cost thanks to Hughes. Its gonna cost more today than it would have yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad