Collton Yellowhorn Hit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Macman said:
I'm not suggesting the crosscheck was accidental, but the result almost certainly was. Coaches teach defencemen to be physical to the point of bending and even breaking the rules and occasionally this is the result. If Yellowhorn hadn't have been hurt, we wouldn't be discussing this. It would have been just another physical incident among dozens that happen every game.

This is at the core of the problem imo. We'll keep seeing this kind of stuff 'occasionally' until the mindset of the coaches and players changes. And that won't happen before the players and teams get properly penalized for their actions. All this talk about cleaning hockey is not going to change a damn thing.

I agree though, that the result of the crosscheck most likely was not intended.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
It was an ugly hit but it was clearly accidental, Yellowhorn turned towards the boards just as Mercier was going to make his hit, hopefully he will fully recover.

Captain Leaf

Macman said:
I'm not suggesting the crosscheck was accidental, but the result almost certainly was. Coaches teach defencemen to be physical to the point of bending and even breaking the rules and occasionally this is the result. If Yellowhorn hadn't have been hurt, we wouldn't be discussing this. It would have been just another physical incident among dozens that happen every game.

If Moore wasnt hurt we wouldnt be discussing that either .
It was a blatant cheap shot ..no reason for it what so ever .Total lack of discipline,respect and class.I am not saying to take away his medal but certainly a suspension from a international tourney in the near future wouldnt be out of line .
I have played hockey for 30 years and dont remember a coach ever telling me to cross check someone into the boards ..and dont use the horse crap "he turned into it " logic cuz thats just more horse crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad