Prospect Info: Collin Miller

Tookey98

Aug 29, 2008
Thanks I was just looking and it looks like he made some great strides, but I don't watch many AHL games so it's hard to know

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks I was just looking and it looks like he made some great strides, but I don't watch many AHL games so it's hard to know

He's a right shot. With Voynov out, Kings are short on those. He was picked in round 5. More late round magic by Dean? To be seen.

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
He's the obvious replacement for Voynov.

Has a similar skating/skills-set, except he's a better playmaker than Slava.
They are the same size and weight (both about 200 lbs, Miller is 1" taller at 6').
Slava may be a bit stronger (?), and learned to play a pretty polished defensive game.
It's that part (D) where Miller needs to work hard to be an equal of Voynov.

But if he gets there, he'll be a gem.

Ultimately, could be the perfect partner for Brayden McNabb.

If he continues his steady growth and has a great 2015-16 AHL season, he could be up by late Feb/March of '16.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He's a right shot. With Voynov out, Kings are short on those. He was picked in round 5. More late round magic by Dean? To be seen.

I think you gotta credit Yanetti/Futa/other scouts before Dean. It's not unusual to see the GMs spending most of the Day 2 talking with agents about upcoming contract negotiations or other GMs about deals on the NHL level. The scouts will be the ones running the show for the later picks.

Just a couple pics I took from 2011:

IMG_4956.JPG

Dean talking with Doughty's agent during round 3.

IMG_4966.JPG

25W49_k2FspKQ6DgcJJjQEOyfdPCfFKujThNedf0D98=w958-h639-no

Kings taking Michael Mersch in round 4, Dean doesn't seem to be in the pictures I have.

Somebody posted a good in depth interview with Yanetti from just before last year's draft. One interesting tidbit was that they were originally targeting Connor Hellebuyck with the Miller pick (#151) but got sniped by Winnipeg (#130). Hellebuyck is currently a pretty good looking goalie prospect who got to backstop Team USA at the recent World Championships.

Captain Mittens*

I think you gotta credit Yanetti/Futa/other scouts before Dean. It's not unusual to see the GMs spending most of the Day 2 talking with agents about upcoming contract negotiations or other GMs about deals on the NHL level. The scouts will be the ones running the show for the later picks.

Just a couple pics I took from 2011:
I sat by you in 2011. You had a ton of cool info. You were up there with my other highlights of meeting Alyssa Milano, and taunting Eklund.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I sat by you in 2011. You had a ton of cool info. You were up there with my other highlights of meeting Alyssa Milano, and taunting Eklund.

I tried to take a picture of Eklund in 2010 and he ducked under his table until his assistant told him the coast was clear.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Somebody posted a good in depth interview with Yanetti from just before last year's draft. One interesting tidbit was that they were originally targeting Connor Hellebuyck with the Miller pick (#151) but got sniped by Winnipeg (#130). Hellebuyck is currently a pretty good looking goalie prospect who got to backstop Team USA at the recent World Championships.

Oh man, that one stings. Hellebuyck is a stud.

Captain Mittens*

I tried to take a picture of Eklund in 2010 and he ducked under his table until his assistant told him the coast was clear.

I kept randomly yelling "Dwayne" in different voices . He looked alomst everytime. Even when I yelled De-Wayne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad