Value of: Collin Miller to Vancouver

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
He’s clearly fallen out of favour in Vegas, what would it take to get him to Vancouver? Since the draft is in Vancouver I can see them trying to send over someone like Goldobin and a prospect like Tyler Madden or a 2020 pick.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
No chance they drop 7 spots for a dman who was healthy scratched a bunch during the regular season and playoffs, let alone add a 3rd. Especially when the team he’s on is over the cap by a good margin.
OK. There will be others who want the player and contract.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No chance they drop 7 spots for a dman who was healthy scratched a bunch during the regular season and playoffs, let alone add a 3rd. Especially when the team he’s on is over the cap by a good margin.
He was benched 2 games during the regular season + one in the playoffs. Hardly a bunch. And he went on to have a pretty great series after he got scratched.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Vancoucer has nothing to give contending teams. Only realistic tradeable asset is #10OA and i doubt that is moved down for Colin Miller.

Maybe we take an additonal contract with Miller to make it an easier trade but other than that i don't see a fit.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't see a deal to be made here, unless the Canucks retain on Stetcher and flip him to Vegas out of the kindness of their hearts.

And I'd rather not give Pettersson a good point shot next to Hughes on their power play, being a divisional rival and all.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't think he gets a 1st either. But he is worth the 7 spot trade up in this weak draft.
This draft has been talked about as a deep draft without the high end of some drafts. It's also pretty well documented that there is a talent tier that ends at 10-12, so that 7 spot drop could be the difference between a top 6 wing and a top 9 wing or a top 3 D and a bottom pairing D. Hardly worth it for Miller

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The draft is not weak no he’s not worth that at all, especially when you’re trading into the top ten

10-17 dont have a lot of difference between them so I would rather target a 2nd and 3rd or something.

This deal essentially gets Vegas an additional 3rd and first dibs at a bunch of equally rated prospects.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The draft is not weak no he’s not worth that at all, especially when you’re trading into the top ten

the draft is super weak. 2020 looks strong. Just because it is hosted by vancouver doesnt mean it has good players

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Just throwing it out there but we are one of only a few teams that can/will also take clarkson off your books too. So that counts for something. Unless you prefer to trade patches or Stastny?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This draft has been talked about as a deep draft without the high end of some drafts. It's also pretty well documented that there is a talent tier that ends at 10-12, so that 7 spot drop could be the difference between a top 6 wing and a top 9 wing or a top 3 D and a bottom pairing D. Hardly worth it for Miller

so wait... a top 4 D + a top 9 wing wouldnt be worth a top 6 wing?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Ok. If you want the Clarkson contract, you can take that along with a draft pick and forget about the trade up.

But Vegas would probably prefer to do a deal like this with a team out East.

Reactions: Smitty426

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
He was benched 2 games during the regular season + one in the playoffs. Hardly a bunch. And he went on to have a pretty great series after he got scratched.
Hynes benched Severson here in NJ and it was probably the right amount of motivation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad