College hockey player arrested after attacking referee

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I love his teammates reaction after it happens. He's just like "wtf, man why you gotta do this ****"

I've never really been a fan of people getting arrested for what happens in a game, but in some cases I guess it's warranted. That's just such a bs thing to do by that player. That ref could be seriously hurt from that if he hit his head hard enough. No matter how bad he called that game or whatever, it isn't worth doing something like that.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I love his teammates reaction after it happens. He's just like "wtf, man why you gotta do this ****"

I've never really been a fan of people getting arrested for what happens in a game, but in some cases I guess it's warranted. That's just such a bs thing to do by that player. That ref could be seriously hurt from that if he hit his head hard enough. No matter how bad he called that game or whatever, it isn't worth doing something like that.

Luckily, WBFO-FM reports that the official who got blindsided was not seriously hurt.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Two things:

1. WGRZ reported a couple of days ago that the player was charged with assault.

2. This one's directed more to the mods: Could this thread be put into the college forum?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
2. This one's directed more to the mods: Could this thread be put into the college forum?

Done.

And assault's assault. Fighting among players has just been something that is accepted and not viewed as something to press charges over for essentially forever. No such tradition exist when it comes to players attacking officials. Being on the ice isn't legal carte blanche to do whatever you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->