College Hockey, NHL21

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Got bored on my vacation this week during a snowstorm and in the midst of quarantine as COVID continues to hit my area hard. So, I created some NCAA hockey teams on NHL21. Even with nothing to do and doing it while watching hockey and whatever I found interesting on Netflix /Hulu, it becomes a reeeeeeeallly dull process. Creating teams is fun and less taxing I think--you go into jersey designs and arena specifics and even trying to get as close to its mascot as possible. Goal horns, songs etc. Creating 22 to 23 players per team....that's tough.

If the player has NHL rights attached to them as of the start of this season, I delved into some scouting reports to get them to an actual value and use them in future Franchise modes. I'd like to show off my teams in a season mode on twitch using a 20-team league (OHL probably). But I could add more if everyone here thinks I'm misrepresenting college hockey and some of the great teams/rivalries. I personally don't watch a ton of college hockey so I'm wondering if the 20 I've made are sufficient in engaging an audience. I probably have the stamina (ha!) to create another 2--3

Here's what I have right now:

BIG 10:
Michigan
Minnesota
Notre Dame
Penn State
Wisconsin

NCHC:
Denver
Minnesota-Duluth
North Dakota
St. Cloud State