College Hockey Brawl

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
So, my friend who plays ice hockey recently posted this from one of his old games. I thought it was kinda nuts... Then thought of HF... So, here!

Game was Briarcliffe College vs Nassau Community College from Long Island, NY

Last edited:

ComeAtMeBro*

Oh how I ever miss playing hockey :(. That was pretty sick. Goalie got beat down hard.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Can I actually use the word classless here? While the fighting and all was great, the way the players went about it was kinda pathetic. Talk about undiciplined.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
Can I actually use the word classless here? While the fighting and all was great, the way the players went about it was kinda pathetic. Talk about undiciplined.

i felt they were too eager to fight for the sake of fighting. and iagree with you.

anyone got any other crazy non nhl things?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
i felt they were too eager to fight for the sake of fighting. and iagree with you.

anyone got any other crazy non nhl things?

They really were. The one guy goes into the bench, ok whatever, well he gets jumped by like 3 guys. WTF?! The guy was already in the grasp of the ref. At that point just go to the box. And then at the end when the goalies are going at it, the teammates of the one guy surround them. Really? It looked like a back-alley brawl at that point. Imagine if the guy was able to get his head up and get some punches in. The other guys teammates would have probably jumped the guy.

4Isles4*

YOO i go to NCC when did this happen???that was sick.....at least the college kids on LONG ISLAND GOT energy and emotion....

VladNYC*

It's just long-islanders being long-islanders. That might as well have been a book store in Massapequa. :laugh:

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Good part on the refs for breaking the fights up. :sarcasm:

this is a good point actually. A lot of refs dont break up fights for a reason.

Being a former ref, through seminars, they actually train people how to handle a brawl (at least, USA hockey did when I lived in the states).

It's somewhat like the NHL. The head ref is supposed to use his notepad to take down information (players numbers, what the actions are, etc.) while the linesmen are supposed to work as a team to break fights up and eject players from the ice.

Linesmen wont usually step in until either a fight is broken down, or if a fight is a tangled up couple of kids. Priority is yourself first, kids second, especially if they're all being morons such as the video.

If a fight is too far one sided, linesmen are supposed to step in (such as when the goalie took an ass kicking), they should have had someone separate that if it weren't for the melee that was occuring on the white team's bench.

I could go on, but thought I'd just throw in my 2 cents

:dunno:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
How can we call this classless? The goalies were respectful enough to remove their masks before they started....though, that one kid probably wishes he hadn't.

It is pretty disgusting. I enjoy fighting, I enjoy brawls but when one guy is pounding away on the other and a group of kids circle them and start yelling and cheering as it happens, its not really part of the game anymore.

Also, it seems like us Leaf fans aren't free from taunting, no matter where or what we do.

2z6rtrr.jpg

:(

4Isles4*

It's just long-islanders being long-islanders. That might as well have been a book store in Massapequa. :laugh:

MAssapequa??? really??? you couldnt pick a better town than that....nothing like this would ever happen in massapequa....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad