OT: College Advice

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Update

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread but I figured I'd give those of you who offered advice an update on how this whole things been progressing.

I've submitted applications (minus rec letters for the moment) to:
Babson
Haverford
Gettysburg
Wake Forest
Texas Christian
And Georgia,
With Babson being my first choice. Thank you guys again for all the help through this crazy process. Came in handy a ton on tours and in interviews.

I usually advise for liberal arts and visual and performing arts, so I don't know a ton about these schools, but the reputations are all pretty good (to say the very least in some cases).

I'd always recommend following up with the admissions offices if possible to make sure they have all the materials (transcripts, etc.) they need if mailing stuff in, but I imagine most things are digital these days.

Also, stay on top of your Financial Aid information. If you qualify for aid, make sure your information is all submitted. Know your deadlines for that stuff as well.

If you can get scholarships, that's brilliant.

Most importantly, pick the school you feel is the right fit/distance. I personally do not see much point in passing 4 years in a place or social climate you can't stand. The fact you were able to apply to a good number of schools gives you some options.

Best of luck, and keep us updated.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
So for those of you guys interested, I received my letter of acceptance from Babson College in Wellesley Mass. for next year. I’m planning on attending and really looking forward to it. Babson was my first choice. Just trying for some scholarships now. I really appreciate all the advice and support I received from you guys. Thanks!

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->