Value of: Colin Wilson

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
What kind of contract is he gonna get this summer?

Also to Avs fans, what are the chances he re-signs as opposed to testing FA?

Pitt still has a hole on LW, unless they move Rust or Kahun over but I would much rather sign Wilson as I’ve always thought he was a great player.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Acquiring Burakovsky and the rumoured interest in Donskoi (as per Lebrun & Dater) suggests that Wilson won't be resigned by the Avs.

That said, I think most Avs fans would be happy to see him return, albeit at a much lower cap hit than his previous $4m/year deal.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I would love to have Captain Average back on the Aves. I think he is a solid 3rd liner who can jump into the top 6 when there are injuries. Also he seems like a great guy in the locker room.

Reactions: Richard88

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think Sakic will let him test the market, but if Wilson doesn't find something he really likes out there it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Sakic brings him back for 1-2 years for under $3m

His playoff performance really showed why he is a valuable player, much like Calvert (or better yet, Calvert's absence)

Reactions: Avaholic29

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
All of the reasons why Avs fans are saying they want him back are why I’m hoping Pitt sends him a contract. Would definitely make us a better playoff team

Hopefully nothing more than 3 or 3.5 for just 2-3 years though

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Wilson is a solid player who will be a useful depth guy for a team. Not sure whether or not the Avs bring him back as the team seems to be making a lot of changes.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Looked good after he finally got healthy and was a lot better on the PP than other forwards they used (Kerfoot, Jost, Brassard). Had a good playoffs ,including a clutch Game 7 game-tying goal. Would love to have him back given the lack of depth the Avs currently have.

Reactions: Richard88

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Looked good after he finally got healthy and was a lot better on the PP than other forwards they used (Kerfoot, Jost, Brassard). Had a good playoffs ,including a clutch Game 7 game-tying goal. Would love to have him back given the lack of depth the Avs currently have.
Too soon.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
If he is willing to take a pay cut on 2 year (max) deal I'd be happy to see him back in Colorado in a bottom 6 role. He does a lot of good things in the right role. That said, I think the Avs are looking to stay on the young side and I suspect he'll sign elsewhere. I hope he gets a contract with a team and doesn't have to go the PTO route because he is better than that.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I wouldn't mind seeing him and his alter ego "Playoff Willy" in Preds again.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Every team could use a player like him, but he'll get overpaid I'm afraid.

He's a good middle six guy if you can get him for around 2m-2.5m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad