Colin Wilson and Jimmy Hayes...

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
...where will they play next year? Where do you see them going in next year's draft (incredibly early, I know)? How do they stack up to James vanRiemsdyk?

Wilson will be a freshman at BU next year. And nobody is better than JVR;)

hockeyyy

May 27, 2006
Jimmy Hayes has committed to Boston College for the 2008-09 school year.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
ok, hayes is not as good as jvr right now, and its not even close. he'll likely play in the ushl or with moncton in the q. the holdup in the ushl is he doesnt want to play for columbus. hayes has a ton of potential, but its premature to consider him a first rounder at this point.

its very realistic for hayes to be a top 10 pick next june, but right now hes a borderline 2nd rounder. hayes did not get top minutes last year with the national team. it wasnt because there was an abundance of talent in front of him, it was that fact that he didnt step it up like many thought. hayes also did not get an invite to the world junior camp. in my opinion its a no brainer for him to go to the q, i think with a good season there, he could rise into a top 10-15 pick.

wilson is going to bu. it looks like hes a shoo-in to be a 1st rounder, and with a good season a top 5-10 pick.

jvr is a better player then both right now, and he still has a ton of untapped potential. out of the 3 its likely wilson is the closest to peaking. hayes probably has the most untapped potential out of the 3. so it will be interesting to see what happens with the 3 of them in the next 5 years.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
ok, hayes is not as good as jvr right now, and its not even close. he'll likely play in the ushl or with moncton in the q. the holdup in the ushl is he doesnt want to play for columbus. hayes has a ton of potential, but its premature to consider him a first rounder at this point.

its very realistic for hayes to be a top 10 pick next june, but right now hes a borderline 2nd rounder. hayes did not get top minutes last year with the national team. it wasnt because there was an abundance of talent in front of him, it was that fact that he didnt step it up like many thought. hayes also did not get an invite to the world junior camp. in my opinion its a no brainer for him to go to the q, i think with a good season there, he could rise into a top 10-15 pick.

wilson is going to bu. it looks like hes a shoo-in to be a 1st rounder, and with a good season a top 5-10 pick.

jvr is a better player then both right now, and he still has a ton of untapped potential. out of the 3 its likely wilson is the closest to peaking. hayes probably has the most untapped potential out of the 3. so it will be interesting to see what happens with the 3 of them in the next 5 years.

Some good points about Hayes, who does have great talent, but noticably late last season, the U18s top line really caught fire when Jordan Schroeder was promoted from the U17s to join Wilson and JVR.

JVR has a more developed offensive game--and probably a higher offensive upside--than Wilson, but some very respected evaluators agree that Wilson was most effective in all three zones of all the U18 forwards. A USA.com article mentions how his dad, NHLer Cary, taught him about defensive responsibility early on.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Some good points about Hayes, who does have great talent, but noticably late last season, the U18s top line really caught fire when Jordan Schroeder was promoted from the U17s to join Wilson and JVR.

JVR has a more developed offensive game--and probably a higher offensive upside--than Wilson, but some very respected evaluators agree that Wilson was most effective in all three zones of all the U18 forwards. A USA.com article mentions how his dad, NHLer Cary, taught him about defensive responsibility early on.

He also learned his hockey in Winnipeg where playing on both sides of the puck is expected, i.e., Toews, Boyd, Zajac et al.

ace111

Mar 31, 2007
Riverview

I am biased about this but I think Hayes would be better seved comming to the Q as you said. Moncton has a great coaching staff and one of the best facilities in the Q IMO. He will get the direction and help he will need to get to the next level. He has the skill from what I have heard (have not seen him play) and I think he will benefit greatly from Danny Flynn (head coach). Danny works very well with young players and is very good at the developmental department. I really hope Hayes shows up in Moncton. It could be good for both parties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad