Value of: Colin White

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
How on earth did he end up with that deal?

Sens couldn't hold on to any talent. He was seen as a premiere defensive center prospect. He put 41 points in 71 games in his first full year in the NHL as a guy who's supposed to be amazing defensively.

Stone left and took his offensive game with him. Also, defensively, white hasn't progressed in like 2-3 years.

I think they were thinking he was going to be a 40-50 point elite defensive center that would be well worth 4.whatever million.

Not trying to defend the contract but I understood it at the time.

The goal was to overpay for the first year or two in hopes of having a top shut down center when competing for a decent price when they compete in the last few years.

Looks bad now.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Sens couldn't hold on to any talent. He was seen as a premiere defensive center prospect. He put 41 points in 71 games in his first full year in the NHL as a guy who's supposed to be amazing defensively.

Stone left and took his offensive game with him. Also, defensively, white hasn't progressed in like 2-3 years.

I think they were thinking he was going to be a 40-50 point elite defensive center that would be well worth 4.whatever million.

Not trying to defend the contract but I understood it at the time.

The goal was to overpay for the first year or two in hopes of having a top shut down center when competing for a decent price when they compete in the last few years.

Looks bad now.
40 pts in his 1st season. I think the goal was a 2c. Which he isn't being given a chance at. Nor is Logan Brown. Stutzle and Norris should not even be on the team yet.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He is does not even fit in the lineup if Stuts was healthy. Be happy to get a second for a 3rd line center, soon to be passed by all the better younger guys in the organization.

He has negative value with that contract

Only way they can deal is for a similar contract that is not performing

Nobody will give picks or prospect for him

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As a sens fan, I'd be happy to be rid of him. He still might pan out just fine and can be bought out cheaply. If a richer squad wants to roll the dice on him, he's all yours. But I see his ceiling as living up to his contract.

I'd accept future considerations or a cap dump in the final year of his contract.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
ottawa needs a normal coach before making any decision with white

even if someone could talk me into a proper justification for scratching white we are playing michael f***ing haley over him so logic doesnt apply anymore

Reactions: Odie Cleghorn

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
As a sens fan, I'd be happy to be rid of him. He still might pan out just fine and can be bought out cheaply. If a richer squad wants to roll the dice on him, he's all yours. But I see his ceiling as living up to his contract.

I'd accept future considerations or a cap dump in the final year of his contract.
To NJ: Colin White
To OTT: Colton White

Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
This is just objectively wrong
No it isn't. Only a moron would put them on the team and also dress crap like Anisimov, Watson, Haley etc instead of White and L Brown. Ottawa is NOT making the playoffs. The object this season should be to evaluate the young players that they need to make a determinations on and decide what they still neeed to contend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad