Player Discussion Colin White signed for 6 years x $4.75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Great contract, a little high right now, but could be a bargain a couple of years from now just like Turris.

I am assuming no bonus money was used.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Great contract, a little high right now, but could be a bargain a couple of years from now just like Turris.

I am assuming no bonus money was used.
I was in the camp that thought a shorter deal (3 yearsish) might be better because he hasn't played a lot to fully judge him but that's a solid price IMO.

Reactions: Cosmix

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Solid signing. Win-win for both parties, White gets certainty until he hits his prime years. $4.75M is very reasonable for a potential 2nd line centre these days.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Would this be the largest contract they've committed to since Bobby Ryan in 2014?

Yes and also

White will carry a $4.75 million cap hit on his new deal, making him the Senators' second-highest paid active player behind Bobby Ryan. White, who is the first player to sign a contract longer than five years with the Senators since Ryan in 2014, joins Ryan and Nikita Zaitsev as the only players on the team to be signed beyond the 2020-21 season

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
FYOUS commencing! Looks like a good contract that should pay out towards the end of it, credit where it is due to the staff for not dragging it out as they could have, seems like some RFA's are holding firm and may sit out portions of the season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Extremely good signing, pretty much spot on what I was hoping/expecting.

Much better than a 2/3 year deal at 2.5-3 million.

This is extremely similar to the unbelievable Turris signing. Will be a bargain deal as soon as this year. 4.75 will be the going rate for #3C in a year or two.

Reactions: NB613 and R2010

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Dope! Love this core, one down one to go. Given what we’re seeing from the other top RFAs, we likely won’t see a deal for TC until next summer.

It would be sweet if we could lock him up too so that we can spend the season watching the kids and not worrying about contracts again.

This is a solid deal, and for me gives a bit of hope for the future. Nice to see one kid locked up for 6, and that last year is no joke. His QO at the end of the deal will be close to 7, that’s great for CW.

It will be hard for him not to earn his dollars for the first 5 years, but here’s hoping that he develops into a 7 million dollar guy for us by the end of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->