News Article: Colin Sullivan leaves BC

Analyzer*

The article speculates that he wants to go to a place where he can get more playing time.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Not really surprising, last year he was incredibly sheltered and with McCoshen and Santini coming this year, he was only going to get pushed further down the depth chart.

Shawinigan owns his CHL rights, but I doubt they would want him as he would be an overager. I don't believe anyone has his USHL rights.

Halifaxhab*

Not really surprising, last year he was incredibly sheltered and with McCoshen and Santini coming this year, he was only going to get pushed further down the depth chart.

Shawinigan owns his CHL rights, but I doubt they would want him as he would be an overager. I don't believe anyone has his USHL rights.

Where could he play than?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I doubt he would want to play in Wheeling. Couldn't he just transfer to another University ?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Still thought it was a really good guess to take in the 7th round. Sucks that he went to one of the best hockey universities, where you really have to be a top player to play. Especially on D. Perfect place for him would have been the Q. I'm on Twitter now....trying to make Shawinigan Colin's new home...;)

Last edited:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
That's most likely what he will do, but he won't be eligible to play this season due to NCAA transfer rules.

He should play at UVM. They need help on D and it is a pretty decent hockey school. Plus I could go down and see him play :handclap:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Still thought it was a really good guess to take in the 7th round. Sucks that he went to one of the best hockey universities, where you really have to be a top player to play. Especially on D. Perfect place for him would have been the Q. I'm on Twitter now....trying to make Shawinigan Colin's new home...;)

They can trade him... The overager crop in the Q this year is really bad.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
A 7th rounder gives up a full ride at Boston College

...smooth

He will get a full ride elsewhere, its not that he doesn't want to play hockey anymore and is just quitting, quite the opposite actually. He wants to get more playing time so he is going somewhere else where he can show his skills and not ride the pine.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He might be doing somethign good for his career whats the point of playing if you are the number 9 d? Could he play in the ECHL?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Where could he play than?

I figured this would happen, I assume he's going to transfer to another school, he'll have to sit out this entire season.

He should play at UVM. They need help on D and it is a pretty decent hockey school. Plus I could go down and see him play :handclap:

I'll have to look it up, but I believe he had 3 schools that he was looking to play for before opting for BC but I can't remember what the other 2 schools were. For some reason I think Minnesota was one school but I could be wrong. Before that he was slated for Yale but they wanted him to hold off (so he would have joined them this year as a Freshman) but he wanted to play right away so he de-commited from Yale. Must have been a very tough decision to drop out of one of the best schools in the world.

He might be doing somethign good for his career whats the point of playing if you are the number 9 d? Could he play in the ECHL?

He could play in the ECHL if he wanted but that would mean his NCAA career is over. At this point I would assume he will just transfer to another school. It's the smart move as he was not going to get playing time at BC.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He could play in the ECHL if he wanted but that would mean his NCAA career is over. At this point I would assume he will just transfer to another school. It's the smart move as he was not going to get playing time at BC.

Is sitting out another year really a good move for him at this point? He already stayed in prep school one year too long.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Is sitting out another year really a good move for him at this point? He already stayed in prep school one year too long.

Getting a full scholarship is his best move, imo. He likely won't amount to anything in pro hockey, it's in his best interest to put his education in front of hockey right now.

That's just my opinion.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
prop the only time i'll ever hear about this prospect. highly unlikely going to be ahler.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Getting a full scholarship is his best move, imo. He likely won't amount to anything in pro hockey, it's in his best interest to put his education in front of hockey right now.

That's just my opinion.

I agree with this, but at the same time continuing down the NCAA road and sitting out another season lowers whatever small chance he already had of getting a pro contract. And if he's going to sit out, it might as well be at a school with the academic reputation of BC.

Of course he could still go down the CHL road and continue his studies while likely increasing his pro potential (assuming he has the talent in the first place). I don't blame him for not going down this road when he's getting a full ride at otherwise expensive American schools, but at this point it's clear not to expect much from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad