Colin Greening Appreciation

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
And that's a big line with a little bit of everything. Most of course want Greening to be a scorer like Michalek but I doubt we ever see that. If you want another scorer with Spezza than I would suggest they put Silfverberg up there. Greening can play on any line & be a complimentary player but we often expect more than the guy can deliver. He is what he is, a good two way defensive forward with size & speed who does all the dirty work, I just wish he had a mean streak or would drop them more often. I don't think he has had any penalties yet this yr, Lady Bing candidate. :shakehead

P.S. - I sit corrected, Greening has one two minute penalty this yr .... yikes ... that could be part of his problem.

Why do people look at PIMs as a good thing?

You don't need to get penalties to play tough

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why do people look at PIMs as a good thing?

You don't need to get penalties to play tough

I would like to see him drop the gloves a few times, he has been on the ice a few times when our guys have been run & done nothing. IMO if he could develop a nasty streak he would be a better more feared player but on the other hand he is what he is. I just think we have too many big guys who are just too nice & lack a nastiness to their game.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hey had the physique, skill and mindset to be a Gary Roberts-type player. He just needs that mean streak and that ability to find another gear like Gary did and we'll be golden, pony boy.

That said, been loving his game since he got scratched.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I would like to see him drop the gloves a few times, he has been on the ice a few times when our guys have been run & done nothing. IMO if he could develop a nasty streak he would be a better more feared player but on the other hand he is what he is. I just think we have too many big guys who are just too nice & lack a nastiness to their game.

That's crap.

Since he's been scratched he's been fantastic.

Sure he could fight meatheads like McLaren (sure worked for DD), but he's a solid player right now for his team.

The guy can skate and generally play well in his own end. To boot he's chipping in more than just about anyone on this team right now.

Yup. He should start spending time in the sin bin after dust-ups with two-bit, glorified thugs. This make so much sense as opposed to being a part of the team's most successful line of late. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->